Your 5 most "important" artists?

But I should add the list doesn't stop there, there are many more equally important artists to me

Dispatch
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Drive-By Truckers
Pearl Jam
65daysofstatic

Wife:
Pink Floyd
Neil Young
V n V Nation
Dispatch
Mono

Speaking just from a rock 'n' roll perspective so my brain doesn't break...

James Brown
Dylan
The Beatles
Elvis
Led Zep

Edit: Posted off the top of my head and I'm already experiencing second-guessing brain-breaking...
it does hurt man... only 5?! craziness.

In biographical order
ccr
Bb king
Zeppelin/ Floyd
Iron Maiden
Metallica

(I cheated)

Speaking just from a rock 'n' roll perspective so my brain doesn't break...

James Brown
Dylan
The Beatles
Elvis
Led Zep

Edit: Posted off the top of my head and I'm already experiencing second-guessing brain-breaking...

James Brown and little Richard are so close on mine. Nice call.

Wu Tang Clan.
OutKast.
Marvin Gaye
Michael Jackson.
Jimi Hendrix

Death - Hugely important in the creation of Death Metal and pushing the boundaries of Extreme Metal as we know it.

Metallica - Biggest Metal band of all time who were at the forefront of Extreme Metal in the early 80's. Probably responsible for the majority of kids in the 90's picking up a guitar.

Black Sabbath - Invented Metal. One of the big three of Proto Metal, along with DP and LZ. Need I say more?

The Beatles - May have been the first boy band, but they also influenced damn near everyone on this list and no one's had the mainstream impact they had. Universally liked and respected by musicians and general fans of music.

Iron Maiden - Also one of the biggest Metal bands of all time. They had a huge impact on Melodic Metal and the popularity of Metal in general during the 80's and are still selling out arena's around the world.

Last edited:
Back