Your body weight and how much can you bench?

On squats I never had any problems hitting the bottom, I just always seemed to struggle getting back to the top.

I thought this thread was about how much you bench, but I'm reading people arguing about not hitting squat depth and calling each other out.

I can tell you from my experience competing in powerlifting, training with many top powerlifters, helping out at over a dozen meets and judging a few that people miss depth for a multitude of reasons. Basically all of your reasons (heavy weight, mental, mobility/flexibility issues, poor training standards, poor judging standards, ect) are true to an extent and can vary from lifter to lifter at any given time.

IMG_20170708_102834.jpg Hey guys i just started for the first time working out my legs and i could only squat 30 lbs for 6 repetitions lmao:( .im having a hard time bending my knees Its so sore right now.heres a picture of my puny legs

Last edited:
first off everyone here benches teh 275, and its not "Brothers" it's "Brahs" Brah. Keep adding weight to. the bar your a weak girly man currently.

Im 5"10 I weight 210 and can bench.. hmm maximum would be around 195 pounds... Now it would be less since quarantine.

Is this thread worth going through? Went back a page and it looks like it's got potential.

Im 5"10 I weight 210 and can bench.. hmm maximum would be around 195 pounds... Now it would be less since quarantine.

Time to get back to training and hit that elusive bodyweight bench. Everyone can do push ups during quarantine, no excuses.

157kg at 122kg BW

That's 346lbs at 268lbs BW in your freedom units. I've never one repped tho, tried 140 on the bar today which is the highest I've ever put on and it moved easy enough. I'm not used to the feeling of the weight on the way down, felt like it was too heavy but then on the way up was moderate to hard no problem. I'm kinda interested to start trying for heavy singles but seeing as I'm in a home gym with no coaching it's probably a fools errand.

Last edited:
wow bro your so cool you literally asked me how much i could bench, did i say I'm the strongest person ever? no

its lifters like you that are cunts you think your better cause you can bench me more then someone. i don't even train for strength its counter productive to what i do (bjj, muay thai)

He is actually, measurably better than you.

Everything else is just noise, the bar don't lie.

190ish, can toss up 255. I’m 37 now and feel weak.

Every single lifter in the world's form breaks down when theyre near their maxes. Its not form or flexibility. Its their body telling them "oh fuck this is heavy."

Actually, at the higher/elite level, you’ll notice this doesn’t happen very often at all. Form doesn’t really break down, they just don’t have the strength to lift the weight.

Is this thread worth going through? Went back a page and it looks like it's got potential.
Had no idea it was years old. Don't even remember TS and his monster lifts. Skipped page 2, that must be where it turned into Fight Club.

100kg x 5, so looking at the chart it is about 115kg 1rm at 85kg lean. Not great, but I'm a mini Jon Jones, so my horizontal presses will never be great.

This was before Covid.

About 250lbs at about 190lbs in 19th century units.

Back