Your favorite home workout routine?

Buy a pull up bar and put some heavy stones or bricks in a bag and put it between your legs , do weighted pull ups like that , you can do the same for dips if you have strong chairs , just do them between two chairs.
For cardio set a timer and do as many burpees as you can for 15 seconds , than rest for 15 seconds and do that as many times as you can , you will be dying after a few minutes.

I am a 57 year old boxer. So variations of boxing workouts coupled with strength complex training.
Monday: calisthenics, push-ups 6x20; sit-ups 300; pull-ups 6x10; 15 rounds, 3-4 rounds of jumping rope, 2-4 rounds of shadow boxing, the remaining rounds to reach 15 are on the heavy bag with 18 or 20oz gloves, 30 secs rest between rounds.

Tuesday: strength training: chest 6x10 flat bench with dumbbells, 6x10 incline, shoulders 6x10 military presses, 3x10 bent over laterals, 3x10 dumbbell shrugs, triceps 3x10 close grip presses, 3x10 overhead tricep extensions, 3x10 diamond push-ups. Boxing training 10-12 rounds. 3 rounds jumping rope, 2 rounds shadow boxing, the remaining rounds on the heavy bag with 18-20oz gloves

Wednesday: back 4x10 wide grip pull-ups, 4x10 bent over dumbbell rows, 4x10 pullovers back supported on the bench, 4x10 deadlifts or Romanian deadlifts. Legs 4x10 back squats, 4x10 goblet squats, 4x10 straight legged deadlifts. Biceps 3x10 dumbbell curls, 3x10 hammer curls, 3x10 supinated grip pull-ups. Boxing 10-12 rounds. 3 rounds jumping rope, 2 rounds shadow boxing, remaining rounds on the heavy bag.

Thursday: Boxing workout. Calisthenics as per Monday. 15-20 rounds. 5 rounds jumping rope, 5 rounds shadow boxing, remaining rounds on the heavy bag.

Friday. Boxing workout as per Thursday.

Saturday Split routine. AM strength training as per Tuesday, PM Boxing. 12-15 rounds. 5 jumping rope, 3-4 rounds shadow boxing, the remaining rounds are on the heavy bag with 18 or 20oz gloves.

Sunday Split routine. AM strength training as per Wednesday. PM Boxing 12-15 rounds. 5 jumping rope, 3-4 rounds shadow boxing, the remaining rounds on the heavy bag with 18-20oz gloves

Everyday. I own two working line Border Collies. At least 1.1 mile walking dogs. Then in the evening the dogs are walked 1/2 mile. At least 2x a week the dogs are taken on an extended walk of 5 miles.

When my son is home from college we spar and work the mitts and body protector for 5 rounds switching and he holds them for me. Those 5 rounds are taken out of the above workout. For instance. If I work the mitts for 5 rounds I will deduct that from the workout. On days we sparred, we then take our headgear off and immediately work the heavy bag (I have 2 heavy bags in my home) for 5 rounds. We also have a speed bag and double end bag. This workout routine is when I am at home (COVID shutdown). After the boxing gym reopened I train a variation of this routine at the boxing gym. I spar at least once a week and currently spar 2x a week, once at the gym and once at home with my 21 year old son who is an amateur boxer and is undefeated in 21 amateur bouts.

Kettlebell swing/burpee ladder.

1 swing
1 burpee

2 swings
2 burpees

and so on. Rest as little as possible. I go up to 15, it sucks.

1.)Floor to overhead (135lbs) -50 reps aim for 30mins or less

Manmakers(40lb dbs)- same rep /time goals

Well if your primary goal is to burn fat and lose weight I’d recommend doing burpee tabatas at the end of your work outs.

Or any kind of tabata really. And change up the diet.

You can do a lot with a pull up bar, a pair of dumbells and a pair of kettlebells.

On the subject of the vertical diet i like the concept but i don't understand why the only animal protein source should be red meat ? I can't understand why seafood would be advised against .Fish, shrimps and other seafoods are on me of the most nutritious food on earth. If it's because it can be contamin with heavy metal then red meat can be contaminated with antibiotics and growth hormone, and vegetables with pesticides so it's not really a good reason.

You can do a lot with a pull up bar, a pair of dumbells and a pair of kettlebells.

On the subject of the vertical diet i like the concept but i don't understand why the only animal protein source should be red meat ? I can't understand why seafood would be advised against .Fish, shrimps and other seafoods are on me of the most nutritious food on earth. If it's because it can be contamin with heavy metal then red meat can be contaminated with antibiotics and growth hormone, and vegetables with pesticides so it's not really a good reason.

You don't have to buy conventionally raised feedlot beef from a grocery store. Tons of farms offer grassfed/finished beef direct to customer without all of that other stuff pumped into the cows. Same thing for veggies if you're worried about pesticides.

Back