Your First Music Video?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There are so many memorable music videos out there, what is the first one that you remember seeing?
I have no idea why this is stuck in my mind, but I remember that I was in my grandparents living room, my uncle who was still in High School asked me to sit on his shoulders while doing push-ups and this music video was playing on the tv.

Last edited:
I can't remember the very first one, but this was one of the first times I was blown away by a video

I didn't really have access to music videos as a youngun

I couldn't tell you for sure but I know the Cars You might think video and Tom Petty Don't Come Around Here videos freaked me out as a kid.

The earliest one i remember was Genesis "Land of Confusion". I remember being terrified but also intrigued. Labyrinth was one of my go to movies as a child so this video resonated but seemed nightmarish if i remember correctly. Isn't there themes of dreams or nightmares? been a while since i've watched it.

my apologies if it's already posted, i can't see the videos

Thriller was the first for me. It was such a favorite of my brothers and I that we constantly watched the making of it on vhs.

We didn't get MuchMusic in our TV package until I was in middle school. The first music videos I remember seeing were from an hour long R.E.M. special where they covered the first part of their career, I think they started with the videos from Murmur but this is the first one I really remember.

I never had access to music TV till I moved to the big city.

I'm old.

grouch.gif

There are so many memorable music videos out there, what is the first one that you remember seeing?
I have no idea why this is stuck in my mind, but I remember that I was in my grandparents living room, my uncle who was still in High School asked me to sit on his shoulders while doing push-ups and this music video was playing on the tv.

thats a fucking awesome song, its more relevant nowadays more than ever

Back