Your most important album

61GgKLtMONL.jpg

Someone randomly uploaded "The Return of the Giant Hogweed" to me on Soulseek and the rest is history

Nine inch nails downward spiral. Or the fragile. Not for individual tracks but as a whole concept album
Pink Floyd the wall for the same reasons

uninfluenced by anyone or anything other than the music, i'd say

ImDPpRp.jpg

&

vv6Jhs2.jpg

Iron Maiden where probably the biggest metal band in the world when I was a kid/teen, back then, I had no interest in metal.

but for being introduced to this album, I don't know what my mainly metal music collection would look like today.

J9TYcQd.jpg

R-533089-1301226994.jpeg.jpg

A bootleg compilation that somehow made it's way into mainstream stores. I found it and it became my introduction to the other side of metal.

First Death Metal band that I really got into and introduced me to the more Extreme side of metal. As I listened to more of Death's discography I got introduced to Steve's playing and he was a big influence in me picking up bass after YEARS of not playing.

for me, it's morbid angel's album blessed are the sick:

d513085bb3d8441c9078a18208565f11

it's a masterpiece from start to finish, and contains one of the most beautiful acoustic songs of all-time:

R-533089-1301226994.jpeg.jpg

A bootleg compilation that somehow made it's way into mainstream stores. I found it and it became my introduction to the other side of metal.

great call on burzum. his work was very influential for me as well. i'd probably choose his hlidskjalf album, if i had to choose one. it's the album that really got me into ambient. tuistos herz is such a fucking beautiful song, that it almost makes me want to cry in the middle of it:

Skating in my friends pool in the summer of 1989 I was introduced to this album

MI0002215536.jpg

And even though I think Jane's follow up Ritual de lo Habitual is my favorite album of all time, it was really Nothing's Shocking that got the ball rolling for me in expanding my musical horizons.

Only listen to these albums on rare occasions now, but when I was young they meant a lot to me...

61GgKLtMONL.jpg

Someone randomly uploaded "The Return of the Giant Hogweed" to me on Soulseek and the rest is history

here's a quote regarding this album I made last year in the Baker's Dozen Music thread.

"For me, this was the first Peter Gabriel era Genesis album that I bought. It was a revelation. I couldn't believe how different these songs were from anything I'd ever heard on the radio. There were no love songs. The songs were about plants taking over the world. A dead boy that turns into an old man that tries to have sex with the girl that killed him, A guy jumping off a building and the gathering crowd egging him on, and the story of hermaphroditus.
WTF was I listening to?????? I realized I don't like love songs all that much and I don't like radio songs and their predictable, repetitive structures. I was 10 or 11 at the time."

I figure this would count as my most important album

The Eminem Show was my first favorite album. Helped get me through a very uncomfortable time in my life

The first album I bought with my own money was ELO, time after time, I think it was. My brother was trying to convince me to buy a Judas Priest album. After then he slowly converted me to metal and all my friends listened to metal. A friends brother introduced me to RHCPs Mothers milk. None of my friends liked it but I switched over and never went back to metal.

Pearl Jam Ten

I'm on mobile so I'm not linking but:

Alaska by BTBAM really fucked me up as to how music could be composed. The follow up, Colors, is my favorite album of all time.

Neil Diamond 12 Greatest Hits Vol. II

The Doors - L.A. Woman

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Back