1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

Your Official UFC 198 Bets

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, May 9, 2016.

1. null Gold Belt

I was oddly kinda quiet, but very relieved when it happened. It didn't look like Demian was going to be able to get the tap there for most of that fight. Have to give props to Rebel Lion, I'm pretty sure that was one of his crazy parlays I tailed because I liked the look of it. Kind of encourages me to make more of those in the future as a smallish part of my action at least.

2. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

Well this did not work at all, ME, Shogun and Lil Nog messed me up a lot. Worst event of 2015 for me by far.

3. AgentSmecker Black Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    After all was said and done I barely broke evens. One modest fourfold over under parlay hit and just about covered my ass. Other than that most of my picks sucked the big one.

4. RyuDave Green Belt

It's 2016 now bud... Where ya been lol

5. Agent Mulder Black Belt

+4.99u this event. Still super salty about the Anderson loss, would have made it +17u instead if he got the decision which i thought he should have.

6. cs02132 Green Belt

Worst event for me since Bigfoot vs Mir. Went too hard on werdum and Cummins. Won all my other bets but it didn't really matter

7. FimbulFightPicks Purple Belt

How much did you lose?
    I personally didnt go for Cummings, he kinda reminded me of Tom Breese in some way who let me down big time, so i didnt trust him, despite me thinking he should win easily. I also did the same mistake like you and went heavy on Werdum, desptie me thinking s>tiepe was sooo dangerous early on, and i was so worried one punch would KO werdum. Still i went for Werdum only because he was classified as the favorite. I always have my biggest losses when i could ahve my most insane wins i.e going very heavy on faovirtes liek werdum, mcgregor, holly, anderson silva. If only had betted the underdogs would be up like 200 units by now lol.

8. Dooze Purple Belt

Ended up going for a few pints mid afternoon and staying out all night so didn't end up betting the main card. Good job really, I would have went quite big on a few things that would have lost (Alves sub, Werdum win being the main two). Just gutted I went well small on the prelims but ah well.

9. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Down £200 alves cost me basically being up £1500. Repaired a lot of the damage betting shogun end of r1 for 1k @ -120. I also went big on yancy at end of r2 +240 but he ducking flaked. Lucky to get out only £200 down never betting alves again awful cardio.

10. Soccer Steve Purple Belt

Hall NSC - $10.00 for $0.00
    Hall KO - $10.00 for $0.00
    Font - $10.00 for $17.00 (bought out after reading posts here)
    Lineker & Cyborg - $17.00 for $12.92 (bought out; hope I didn't get greedy with the Borg add)

Miocic-Werdum O2.5 & Nog-Cummins O1.5 - $5.00 for $7.95
    Anderson & Maia & Cummins - $23.47 for $38.60
    Anderson & Cyborg - $30.00 for $22.80
    Souza & Maia & Alves - $20.00 for $21.36
    Belfort-Souza O1.5 & Smith-Justino O1.5 & Tukhugov - $2.00 for $19.00
    Werdum & Alves & Santos - $20.00 for $31.03
    Trinaldo & Alves & Santos & Cyborg - $20.46 for $27.89
    Alves & Santos & Cyborg - $52.10 for $31.26

Only have myself to blame for putting Alves in way, way too many parlays. Very dumb and a mistake I will not make again. Also did a bunch of walk-out/live bets that sunk me down another $40.00 in total.

I was licking my wounds with the rest of you, wondering why the hell I didn't put just a tiny bit on Barbarena when there he is! A big smile, a two hand wave, and the duck face. Clapping hands with fans, smiling, duck face x2, hugging his mom(?), duck face x3, duck face x4. Does he know there's a fight right away? I figured, well, either he's confident as hell or really not ready for this. I chose to pick a hill and die on it.

Capture.PNG
    $150.00 to win $225.00

Broke even (+$18.00). Thanks duck face.

11. cs02132 Green Belt

Think I lost like $318 which is a lot for me. The most I've ever lost is like $500 on the champions league a couple weeks ago but I got most of that back, and now I lost this, so my BR is looking real weak right now lol. Was trying to have a good amount for the upcoming euros but idk about that, I don't really want to deposit any, I haven't in a while..

12. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

don't force anything. been there. i wanna say "fuck, i gotta change it up," myself... cause of 2 bad ufc's in a row.. but then i look at the bottom line, gains on the year, and remember it's a long term thing.

13. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Let join in on the misery that was UFC 198. Felt on top of the world after going from 3 grand to 4 grand from the Rotterdam event. Gave half of that back on this card. I definitely got overzealous and could've reduced that number if I didn't get too confident and up my risks. Served some humble pie.

14. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

yea. maybe sometimes we go a bit overboard. i shouldn't have lost like 700 on both werdum and alves. just shouldn't have. how do i only have 3+u on lineker and 4u on maia when i'm ULTRA confident in them.. and then manage to lose so much on the two other brazilians. live and learn.

15. waiguoren Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If it makes you feel better, I lost a lot more than you did. Chin up and on to UFN 88!

16. waiguoren Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lol. I was ultra-confident in Font. Still think he wins that fight if he trains for it properly, but geez that fight destroyed me.

17. cs02132 Green Belt

Same here. Lost way more on werdum + Cummins than I won on lineker, when I was way more confident in him

18. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Whats crazy is, I won a lot of bets. Jacare, Cyborg KO + round 1, Maia, Lineker + Lineker dec, Santos KO, Trinaldo + Trin dec, o2.5 Zub/Moicano + Moicano dec, o1.5 Moraes/Chagas

Just had sooo much on Cummins + o1.5, Warlley and Corey