• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your Sherdog Hayastan Champs *pics*

Adino, how long have you been training?
You just fight in beginer division?

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
Adino, how long have you been training?
You just fight in beginer division?

Alittle over a year about 15 months, the Hayastan beginner division is 0-2 years of exp.

Fozzy said:
Ankle injuries suck ass.

I'm like 60% right now, my balance and strength are coming back slowly, I probly wont ever be able to do a shoot off this leg again until the mobility in the joint comes back (which it might not), but yeah Ankle injuries suck.

Sucks even more, John Donohue (Gene Lebell BB) is doing a 2 day seminar at my gym, I'm debating on going or not. I might just go and watch (but my coach will charge me half price.... meh)

~Foz

Leg injuries suck for shooting. I consider myself mostly a wrestler but after having both ACLs reconstructed my level changes are not what they used to be.

how did u guys win ur matches? and in wut times? if u dont mind explaining...

Congrats guys.............

Now somebody photoshop these guys...........I want this thread to turn into "my pic with Matt Hughes" LOL

Seriously, good work!!!!

madizm said:
how did u guys win ur matches? and in wut times? if u dont mind explaining...

I won with subs in the first 2 min, one armbar and one foot lock. My third match was someone from my school, I was ready to fight but he decided to bow out and take a loss. He ended up getting second though.

Advanced 145-160:
Bout 1 - Win via RNC
Bout 2 - Win via Toe Hold

Absolute:
Bout 1 - Win via Heel Hook
Bout 2 - Win via Inverted Heel Hook
Bout 3 - Win via Heel Hook

Bowed out in finals with my training partner. Shared 1st place prize.

The Giff said:
Leg injuries suck for shooting. I consider myself mostly a wrestler but after having both ACLs reconstructed my level changes are not what they used to be.

yup, I can imagine, :(

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Advanced 145-160:
Bout 1 - Win via RNC

Absolute:

awww fuck that, I'm so not grappling with you, ya heel hook hippy!

~Foz

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Advanced 145-160:
Bout 1 - Win via RNC

Absolute:

how long have you been training out of curiousity?

taking 1st in an advanced division is pretty damn impressive.

edit: and grats to both of you

I'm glad I don't have to roll against Masakatsu. His heel hooks would probably make me need another knee surgery. lol 4 out of 5 wins by heel hook and a 100% finishing percentage is pretty good.

It was an awsome event. I worked my butt off and It was a big success. Go to www.hayastangrapplingchallenge.com to see full results and more pics. There are some oics up now and more will be on there soon.

Hayastangrapplingchallenge.com is now updated and fixed with all results and pics. Sorry for the delay. We were having problems with our ftp account but it is now fixed. Make sure to check out the upcoming events page to see info on all new events.

Back