Your Source of Drinking Water

JaeA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For years I tried to research and find the best water. From distilled to reverse osmosis, to spring, to purified, etc...... I have came to these conclusions

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF NUTRITION IS WATER

1. Avoid plastic as much as possible. I know it is hard to do but try to use glass.
Especially if you are getting your drinking water from a home system or tap. Purchase a glass bottle or use an old glass bottle you have lying around. Plastic has been shown to have at least a small negative effect on our hormones. So lets try to avoid it.

2. If you must buy bottled water I have found that the BEST tasting water is
Ka-Viti bottled water from Fiji. NOTHING compares as far as taste. It tastes cleaner than the fiji brand by far as well.. You can find this at your local fresh market. This bottled water does come in plastic though.
My next favorite is Mountain Valley spring water. It tasted great and comes in GLASS BOTTLES!!!! It is the choice of the white house as well. I personally drink that at the moment.

3. The absolute best source in my opinion is... Harvesting your own spring water from natural springs. Possibly the cleanest natural substance you can ever put in your body. Spring water has been underground for thousands and thousands of years and if the cleanest source of spring water.

You can find all the springs around on www.findaspring.com and search for the closest one.... and you will never have to pay for water again

Remember if you do decide to harvest your own spring water to buy glass carboy jugs!

For years I tried to research and find the best water. From distilled to reverse osmosis, to spring, to purified, etc...... I have came to these conclusions

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF NUTRITION IS WATER

1. Avoid plastic as much as possible. I know it is hard to do but try to use glass.
Especially if you are getting your drinking water from a home system or tap. Purchase a glass bottle or use an old glass bottle you have lying around. Plastic has been shown to have at least a small negative effect on our hormones. So lets try to avoid it.

Ka-Viti bottled water from Fiji. NOTHING compares as far as taste. It tastes cleaner than the fiji brand by far as well.. You can find this at your local fresh market. This bottled water does come in plastic though.
My next favorite is Mountain Valley spring water. It tasted great and comes in GLASS BOTTLES!!!! It is the choice of the white house as well. I personally drink that at the moment.

3. The absolute best source in my opinion is... Harvesting your own spring water from natural springs. Possibly the cleanest natural substance you can ever put in your body. Spring water has been underground for thousands and thousands of years and if the cleanest source of spring water.

You can find all the springs around on www.findaspring.com and search for the closest one.... and you will never have to pay for water again

Remember if you do decide to harvest your own spring water to buy glass carboy jugs!
Would you recommend tap water or investing in a filter?

tap water is fine here, its not fucked with, no fluoride etc, we dont allow fracking (at the moment), no sense in buying water when it flows free

I use a flask with a filter in it which apparently removes 99.9% of contaminants. Its by fill2 pure. You can even put water from lakes and other uncleans sources and it will remove all the nasty stuff.

So what is wrong with drinking water out of the tap like I do?

I do not know enough about water filters to recommend anything yet.
But I do think that a high quality filter most likely will produce a
water that is just as good as any bottled water you can find and is better than tap.
If youre tap water is okay then by all means keep doing that
Bottled water in plastic may have bad effects though. I recommend ka-viti because it tastes the best but it still comes in plastic! I drink Mountain Valley because it comes from a spring, is bottled at the source and comes in glass.

I WILL be sourcing my own spring water very soon. My closest spring is 1 hr away from where I live. But I still need to buy GLASS carboy water jugs. Buy some glass carboy jugs and source your water form a local spring!

I challenge everybody to locate a spring on www.findaspring.com to source drinking water. Look up Daniel Vitalis on youtube and his thoughts on spring water as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBh7WV_qrOc

He has the most information about water and is incredibly knowledgeable

Ka-Viti bottled water from Fiji. NOTHING compares as far as taste.

I guess it depends on the continent but in Western Europe, Evian is seen by many as the best mineral water both for taste and health. Fresh water from the Alps :)

Just out of interest I researched the minerals from Ka-Viti so see how it compares to evian:

Ka-Viti:
https://www.aquagrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Ka-Viti_Natural-Artesian_Water_3.jpg

Evian:
46193d5286575caff19930bc01e6f185.jpg

I drink 5 liters of straight tap water out of a plastic jug

So what is wrong with drinking water out of the tap like I do?

Nothing, but it depends on your county/the local reservoir. If the county isn't diligent with keeping the reservoir clean/keeping the filters and whatnot up to date, then the water can be bad.

Plus tap water can have a strong concentration of certain minerals and so taste off.

A simple Brita filter and refrigerating the water works well for me.

personally my tap water in reeks of chlorine

Nothing, but it depends on your county/the local reservoir. If the county isn't diligent with keeping the reservoir clean/keeping the filters and whatnot up to date, then the water can be bad.

Plus tap water can have a strong concentration of certain minerals and so taste off.

A simple Brita filter and refrigerating the water works well for me.

In my country water is fluoride, any way to clean it from that?

I love my reverse osmosis filter. What they say is more important than drinking clean water is actually bathing in it. You absorb more chemicals in like a 15-30 min shower than drinking 3 gallons if I remember correctly.

If your water is heavily chlorinated, when you take a hot shower it steams up and you are inhaling the chemicals. It literally turns into chloroform. There have been instances of people dying from taking hot steamy showers and then passing out.

I dont know about other places, but anywhere in America I wouldnt trust the tap. Not only is there fluoride, chlorine, and other heavy metals in the water; but there is also pesticides, herbicides, and other things that leach from our soil into the drinking water.

I did a lot of research on this and got overly paranoid at one point. Clean water tastes literally like nothing. Once you have tasted clean water you can taste all the chemicals/minerals in a seemingly harmless bottle of water or a 'clean' tap

Last edited:
I love my reverse osmosis filter. What they say is more important than drinking clean water is actually bathing in it. You absorb more chemicals in like a 15-30 min shower than drinking 3 gallons if I remember correctly.

If your water is heavily chlorinated, when you take a hot shower it steams up and you are inhaling the chemicals. It literally turns into chloroform. There have been instances of people dying from taking hot steamy showers and then passing out.

I dont know about other places, but anywhere in America I wouldnt trust the tap. Not only is there fluoride, chlorine, and other heavy metals in the water; but there is also pesticides, herbicides, and other things that leach from our soil into the drinking water.

I did a lot of research on this and got overly paranoid at one point. Clean water tastes literally like nothing. Once you have tasted clean water you can taste all the chemicals/minerals in a seemingly harmless bottle of water or a 'clean' tap

It pisses me off that I'm getting all these shit chemicals in my body from showering. What did you do about it brah?

It pisses me off that I'm getting all these shit chemicals in my body from showering. What did you do about it brah?
My family is well off so we got a whole house filter. Pretty expensive.

Just try to limit shower times, and dont make water extremely hot. I know, hot showers feel oh so good... But opening your pores isnt all that healthy anyways. But when you open your pores and absorb chemicals, its even worse.

Try to keep water moderately warm/luke warm. Also end on cold/very cold if you can handle.
Pure cold showers also have numerous benefits. I mean like extreme health benefits. Plus they wake you up!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/benefit...y-taking-cool-showers-good-your-health-289524

http://www.thehackedmind.com/7-reasons-to-take-cold-showers-and-1-that-really-matters/

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/surprising-benefits-cold-showers.html

http://impossiblehq.com/cold-shower-health-benefits

My family is well off so we got a whole house filter. Pretty expensive.

Just try to limit shower times, and dont make water extremely hot. I know, hot showers feel oh so good... But opening your pores isnt all that healthy anyways. But when you open your pores and absorb chemicals, its even worse.

Try to keep water moderately warm/luke warm. Also end on cold/very cold if you can handle.
Pure cold showers also have numerous benefits. I mean like extreme health benefits. Plus they wake you up!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/benefit...y-taking-cool-showers-good-your-health-289524

http://www.thehackedmind.com/7-reasons-to-take-cold-showers-and-1-that-really-matters/

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/surprising-benefits-cold-showers.html

http://impossiblehq.com/cold-shower-health-benefits

I always end on cold. didn't know bond does that too, guess bad asses just think alike. Hey could you pm me some info about the filtration system? I value clean water.

Back