Your Top 1 80's song

80's has the greatest decade for music imo.

Last edited:

1985 is the GOAT year for 80s number 1 songs

Strange really how Simple Minds aren't much remembered these days besides Don't You Forget About Me, back in the day they were probably up their with The Police, U2 and Queen.

Glad theres another big Simple Minds fan here. New Gold Dreams album was one of the greatest new wave album

Derek Forbes was one of the best new wave/post punk bassists on par with John Taylor, Peter Hooks and Mick Karn

Last edited:
Not as good as Spirit of Eden but Talk Talk's Colour of Spring is up their in a similar fashion.

Talk Talk were post Amnesiac Radiohead before Radiohead

Honestly I never thought Radiohead pulled off their attempts at post rock as well as Talk Talk/Mark Hollis, then again I don't think anyone did.

The Fixx is another 80s band that seems to be forgotten and hardly mentioned despite having many top 100 hits at the time

most of my picks are already listed so i will put a few others:

[

Last edited:
Bush's 1984 album Hounds of Love was huge (especially side 1 of the album) and my favorite from that album is probably Running Up That Hill:

but for me Bush's best 80's song was released in 1980, and it's Breathing, her amazing song of a fetus singing about its fears of nuclear war, fallout, and the world outside its mother's womb. pure genius, and probably my favorite song of the decade.

..for the second probably from the brief era were the UK public only cared about anal sex and nuclear war....

And blow jobs too.

The end of the 80's this came out and changed everything for me music wise and I spent the next 10 years going to raves. It's probably not the first but it's one of the first full on dance track to have commercial success in the UK.

Back