Your Top 1 80's song

Man, one song's pretty tough; a top 10 would be easier. I'll go with this on a whim:

What a hard topic. Are we talking:
  • Best "80's song" (iconic of the decade)?
  • Best song written in the 1980's?
  • Personal favorite?
Fwiw, I think the 80's were the best musical decade, but there is a massive difference in the three categories above:.

Anyway, here's "Freak Scene" by Dinosaur Jr. from 1988, a song I consider perfect.

What a hard topic. Are we talking:
  • Best "80's song" (iconic of the decade)?
  • Best song written in the 1980's?
  • Personal favorite?
Fwiw, I think the 80's were the best musical decade, but there is a massive difference in the three categories above:.

Anyway, here's "Freak Scene" by Dinosaur Jr. from 1988, a song I consider perfect.

Great choice

Impossible to pick just one. I'm guessing TS means popular 80's songs. So I'll post a couple favorites that haven't been posted yet

edit: never mind i’m a dirty liar. this is my actual answer

Last edited:
the more i think about this thread the more it pisses me off. fuck op for not letting me pick a top 5

love u op

Runner Up:

No Rick Rolls? Good job Sherdog. Impressed.

EDIT: Ah I forgot about this. Changing to this..

Last edited:
Impossible to pick just one. I'm guessing TS means popular 80's songs. So I'll post a couple favorites that haven't been posted yet

I originally thought the topic was about your favorite 80s songs that hit number 1

Great thread, great responses. I'd suggest:

Tough, tough choices... There is load of stuff but if I had to make a pick, I go with this:

american top 40s top song of the year in 1983

also the year i discovered americas top 40 with casey kasem. who else would listen and write down the whole top 40 every weekend?

took me years to find this the 'gem' again. thank god for youtube

Sledgehammer is one of my fav songs from the 80's

Many to choose from. My favorite for the last year or so has been this one:

I honestly think that Sweet Dreams is the best pop song ever.

Back