Your unpopular opinions on music

Foo Fighters = most overrated band ever
Dave Grohl is the Kardashian of rock as he crowbars his way into everything. I find him and that surfer dude drummer annoying as fuck.

NIN is crap I honestly don’t understand the appeal people see in them.

Lil Ugly Mane is underrated and music is controlled behind the scenes

Limp Bizkit without Fred Durst is pretty good

- Walk This Way created Rage Against The Machine.
- Rage Against The Machine created new metal.
- Radiohead sucked enormously compared to Live.
- Had The Beatles never existed music would be just about the same as of today.
- People should be obligated to know a bare minimum of surf music.

You are not a good person!

I’ll one up you- Anthrax is better than Slayer and Megadeth
17 year old me would be throwing my hand up looking for a high 5, I've not been 17 for a while, and if you now expressed that opinion in my home

Last edited:
All artists including musicians have a moral obligation to produce art that brings humanity up and not down. Most music is basically ego, lust, pride, anger, avarice and trying to be famous turned into sound.

Good parents have failed their children by letting them listen to the radio and the absolute crap lyrics that are displayed there.

Most music is a drag on society and on human evolution and is poison to the mind (lyrics and overall aesthetic) hidden by sugar (good sounds). The skill of the musician is irrelevant to this primary discussion and in fact often serves to more deeply anchor poisonous thought and garbage in the minds and hearts of the listener.

Musicians who fail in their moral obligations ought to be shamed deeply and educated and brought up by those who can see the light.

Last edited by a moderator:
All artists including musicians have a moral obligation to produce art that brings humanity up and not down. Most music is basically ego, lust, pride, anger, avarice and trying to be famous turned into sound.

Good parents have failed their children by letting them listen to the radio and the absolute crap lyrics that are displayed there.

Most music is a drag on society and on human evolution and is poison to the mind (lyrics and overall aesthetic) hidden by sugar (good sounds). The skill of the musician is irrelevant to this primary discussion and in fact often serves to more deeply anchor poisonous thought and garbage in the minds and hearts of the listener.

Musicians who fail in their moral obligations ought to be shamed deeply and educated and brought up by those who can see the light.
Whoa. You must be fun at parties.

Whoa. You must be fun at parties.

I am but we listen to good music and not shit. I don't go to parties where the general vibe and intent matches shit music. I think it is sad that people equate fun with degeneracy. Its actually less fun that way.

This thread is unpopular opinions about music right? Im giving mine.

17 year old me would be throwing my hand up looking for a high 5, I've never been 17 for a while, and if you now expressed that opinion in my home

Not even a polite, “you need to leave”?

Back