Your unpopular opinions on music

All artists including musicians have a moral obligation to produce art that brings humanity up and not down. Most music is basically ego, lust, pride, anger, avarice and trying to be famous turned into sound.

Good parents have failed their children by letting them listen to the radio and the absolute crap lyrics that are displayed there.

Most music is a drag on society and on human evolution and is poison to the mind (lyrics and overall aesthetic) hidden by sugar (good sounds). The skill of the musician is irrelevant to this primary discussion and in fact often serves to more deeply anchor poisonous thought and garbage in the minds and hearts of the listener.

Musicians who fail in their moral obligations ought to be shamed deeply and educated and brought up by those who can see the light.

Assuming this is a joke, given the Grateful Dead reference in your name...

Money money
Casey Jones
Mexicali blues
Truckin
West LA Fadeaway

Etc

I am but we listen to good music and not shit. I don't go to parties where the general vibe and intent matches shit music. I think it is sad that people equate fun with degeneracy. Its actually less fun that way.

This thread is unpopular opinions about music right? Im giving mine.
You have the right to have an opinion. Yours must be really unpopular and matches the thread perfectly.
I just wonder, how far your judgement goes? Lyrics only, or music as well? Would you judge a depressing, but beautiful melody shit?

You have the right to have an opinion. Yours must be really unpopular and matches the thread perfectly.
I just wonder, how far your judgement goes? Lyrics only, or music as well? Would you judge a depressing, but beautiful melody shit?

No. Lyrics almost exclusively unless its concerts and videos and they are selling sex and materialism. Then its an offense to humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming this is a joke, given the Grateful Dead reference in your name...

Money money
Casey Jones
Mexicali blues
Truckin
West LA Fadeaway

Etc

Those are all songs we gave the dead massive shit for producing. Given that the dead have 72 hours of music in the catalog I would not say those are representative.

Aside from Casey Jones and trucking which do not glorify drug use but emphasizes the damage done by drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Today is by far the best era of music. There are kids out there that will make your favorite musician from 20+ years ago look like a complete joke and there's more amazing music being produced right now than in any other time ever.
- The Beatles are insanely overrated. Yes they were the first to make really popular music, no it doesn't mean that their shitty garage band bullshit is worth listening to today.
- Metal is weird and so are the people listening to it.
- Jaden Smith makes really good shit.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will be seen as an unpopular view about music, but the post above is complete horseshit.

@Kirra. Who are the acts today that piss on everything from the past ?

I don't know if this will be seen as an unpopular view about music, but the post above is complete horseshit.

@Kirra. Who are the acts today that piss on everything from the past ?

You'll need to be more specific. There are 10 year olds today that can play X instrument better than your favourite musician from 20+ years ago.

You'll need to be more specific. There are 10 year olds today that can play X instrument better than your favourite musician from 20+ years ago.
So in 1988 Joe Satriani released Surfing With the Alien, Steve Vai was doing stuff with Dave Lee Roth , are you telling me there are better 10 year old guitarists out there today ? Or Better drummers than Dave Lombardo?
<36>

So in 1988 Joe Satriani released Surfing With the Alien, Steve Vai was doing stuff with Dave Lee Roth , are you telling me there are better 10 year old guitarists out there today ? Or Better drummers than Dave Lombardo?
<36>

Pretty much.

Oh, and lemme throw out another one:
- John Mayer is possibly the best guitarist today

- Today is by far the best era of music. There are kids out there that will make your favorite musician from 20+ years ago look like a complete joke and there's more amazing music being produced right now than in any other time ever.
- The Beetles are insanely overrated. Yes they were the first to make really popular music, no it doesn't mean that their shitty garage band bullshit is worth listening to today.
Agree on the Beatles

Very hard disagree on metal. I'm not going to argue but why is it 'weird' and why do you say the fans are too?

Agree on the Beatles

Very hard disagree on metal. I'm not going to argue but why is it 'weird' and why do you say the fans are too?

Something to do with metal fans dressing like wizards (or emo teenagers) and having that weird angsty vibe to them. I'm obviously generalizing, but I think you get what I mean?

Something to do with metal fans dressing like wizards (or emo teenagers) and having that weird angsty vibe to them. I'm obviously generalizing, but I think you get what I mean?
I guess so but that's a pretty big generalization/stereotype

People who dress like that listen to mallcore

I guess so but that's a pretty big generalization/stereotype

People who dress like that listen to mallcore

Screen-Shot-2013-12-01-at-12.43.59-PM.png

Like 90% of the people I know who listen to metal would fit right into this group lol

- The Beatles are insanely overrated. Yes they were the first to make really popular music, no it doesn't mean that their shitty garage band bullshit is worth listening to today.

I have some jacket wear you may want to look at...

fa9bb15548cf3fc6d6c3dbb00d246156.jpg

Back