Your unpopular opinions on music

Unpopular opinion, Andrew York goes hard in the mother fuckin' paint

Enter Sandman is the most overrated song in music history and if hearing it brings up anything but contempt you're not a real metallica fan.

Beatles aren't overrated at all, they're cursed by womens shit taste in music making some of their worst songs their most famous. Love Me Do, I Want To Hold Your Hand... I can't blame you for hating.

Don't like A Day In The Life, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Eleanor Rigby, Norwegian Wood etc etc?

Fuck right off!

Enter Sandman is the most overrated song in music history and if hearing it brings up anything but contempt you're not a real metallica fan.

Beatles aren't overrated at all, they're cursed by womens shit taste in music making some of their worst songs their most famous. Love Me Do, I Want To Hold Your Hand... I can't blame you for hating.

Don't like A Day In The Life, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Eleanor Rigby, Norwegian Wood etc etc?

Fuck right off!
my position is they are good but some loonies think each of them is a second coming of Christ and their music is better than everything before and after them combined, which is obviously nonsense.

my position is they are good but some loonies think each of them is a second coming of Christ and their music is better than everything before and after them combined, which is obviously nonsense.

Being the most famous band in the history of the world is going to attract some obsessive idiots but I think ability to play different genres and produce gold in them solidifies them in the great category IMO.

"Paul you produce soppy ballads"

"Fuck you, here's Helter Skelter"

Also I forgot to say Techno/EDM and its subgenres are the most talentless piles of crap in the history of music.

Also I forgot to say Techno/EDM and its subgenres are the most talentless piles of crap in the history of music.
how's that an unpopular opinion?
Being the most famous band in the history of the world is going to attract some obsessive idiots but I think ability to play different genres and produce gold in them solidifies them in the great category IMO.

"Paul you produce soppy ballads"

"Fuck you, here's Helter Skelter"
something great can still be overrated

I play both electric guitar and synths/electronic music. The problem is that it is extremely easy to do something mediocre or passable with computer music, you'd have to be retarded to make out of tune or out of time techno. Even though you obviously benefit from experience, you don't have to actually practice for hours to make music and you generally can instantly apply what you are told. This breeds a lot of laziness and attracts a lot of untalented people.

You can still have high-level use of electronic music, synths are by far the most powerful, diverse and deep instruments on earth and you can do absolutely insane and incredible music with them. But DAWs make everything so much easier and we often only hear the cheap and lazy versions of what electronic music should actually be.

how's that an unpopular opinion?

LOL touché. Lots of people seem to think that distinction belongs to country in my defence.

something great can still be overrated

True, I think when you're at the top saying you're overrated is kinda a meh statement. It's like saying Jon Jones is overrated... he's only #3 p4p of all time.

I play both electric guitar and synths/electronic music. The problem is that it is extremely easy to do something mediocre or passable with computer music, you'd have to be retarded to make out of tune or out of time techno. Even though you obviously benefit from experience, you don't have to actually practice for hours to make music and you generally can instantly apply what you are told. This breeds a lot of laziness and attracts a lot of untalented people.

You can still have high-level use of electronic music, synths are by far the most powerful, diverse and deep instruments on earth and you can do absolutely insane and incredible music with them. But DAWs make everything so much easier and we often only hear the cheap and lazy versions of what electronic music should actually be.

The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Rick Wakeman is in the CD player in my car right now. Love me some synth.

When I say techno/EDM I'm pretty much referring to computer noises.

Elvis is the most overrated musician in the history of music.

Cranberries zombie is a horrible song
Witchhouse is awesome
Hardbass is awesome
Russian 90s pop music is best pop music

Last edited:
I don't get Tool at all. They bore the living shit out of me. I find them completely uninteresting and their fans are so delusional about their place in music history. They aren't as important as you guys think. Sorry.

everything you like is shit, unless I happen to like it too, then its good.

So if i write a ballad about ww2 it will automatically be great?

Genius, easy money here i come
no, because people had move on from WW2, the people Zombie is about, hadn't move on, and some still havent

A lot of people who say they like Jimi Hendrix don’t really like him as much as they claim. They say they do but it’s mainly because he’s just widely recognized as an icon. Personally he’s a bit too meandering with his solos for my taste but I can’t deny his cultural impact and legacy. But IMO saying Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist ever is like saying Royce Gracie is the best martial artist ever. He may have helped set the foundation, but the game has come a long way since then.

SRV >= Jimi

Back