Your vinyl collection

Nearly completed my Earthless collection. Also got myself the Audio-Technica LP120 almost a year ago and I love it. Great upgrade of my older turntable

I think I'm gonna sell my collection. While I enjoy the vinyl sound, I honestly still prefer digital (FLAC). As someone who is super anal about sound quality, I hate the hit or miss quality with vinyl and whenever I find myself having time to sit down and listen to music, I want to listen in FLAC. I know I'll probably end up regretting it but I need the space and it's an expensive hobby considering I'm buying stuff I already have typically.

I think I'm gonna sell my collection. While I enjoy the vinyl sound, I honestly still prefer digital (FLAC). As someone who is super anal about sound quality, I hate the hit or miss quality with vinyl and whenever I find myself having time to sit down and listen to music, I want to listen in FLAC. I know I'll probably end up regretting it but I need the space and it's an expensive hobby considering I'm buying stuff I already have typically.

Well, vinyl is about collection, having a nice looking object and supporting a scene. There are no other reasons to buy them nowadays, pretty much everything else about it is inconvenient. I love my collection, but I also know that in case of unforeseen financial issues it would be one of the first things to go.

EB7857C9-07E7-4BEF-9717-6B9EFE3BA9F2.jpeg F23F831D-4FE6-430F-933E-B754B2500EA2.jpeg
The box with Freak Out! is all Zappa.

Sadly there is no way to import collections from excel or CSV files, I'm not manually typing in my 1200 albums collection into Discogs.

Don't blame you. I must have been drunk when I entered the ones I did. Gotta say though, it's kinda interesting to see the value discogs assigns to the collection.

Sadly there is no way to import collections from excel or CSV files, I'm not manually typing in my 1200 albums collection into Discogs.

Don't blame you, was bad enough scanning the barcodes for my first batch i put on there.

Great collection there mate, what kind of stuff do you mix? Have you got any mixes uploaded online?
Thanks dude!
I started out with Hardcore. A hard house style that originated in the Netherlands. Nowadays I get fun out of all subgenres of house. Techno, Drumnbass, Dubstep etc..

I don't have any sets online. I would like to but I have a hard time recording in good quality. Tips are welcome.

What about you? What's your story?

Thanks dude!
I started out with Hardcore. A hard house style that originated in the Netherlands. Nowadays I get fun out of all subgenres of house. Techno, Drumnbass, Dubstep etc..

I don't have any sets online. I would like to but I have a hard time recording in good quality. Tips are welcome.

What about you? What's your story?

Ah nice one, you have good taste bruv. The majority of my Vinyl collection is Drum & Bass but I collect reggae roots/dub, techno, hip hop and dubstep aswell.

I recently moved so I threw out and sold all my DJ equipment and have pre ordered a Denon Prime 4 controller. I wanted to get a controller that I could mix vinyl with digital tracks from either my laptop or usb. I ordered it in February but the release has been delayed and I still might not get it for a few more weeks. It's been a bloody nightmare.

Regarding recording mixes I just use mixing programs on my laptop. l haven't recorded anything directly from vinyl for many years, I used to use a program called Audacity but the quality wasn't very good.

...I recently moved so I threw out and sold all my DJ equipment and have pre ordered a Denon Prime 4 controller...

I had a mini heart attack! I thought you were gonna tell me you sold you record collection.
<{danawhoah}>

<6>

I just recently picked up a Rega Planar 1 paired with a Schitt pre-amp so my colection is minimal so far, but I absolutely love the sound. I was starting to get tired of streaming bullshit. Just doesn't have the fidelity I'm looking for.

Nearly completed my Earthless collection. Also got myself the Audio-Technica LP120 almost a year ago and I love it. Great upgrade of my older turntable
Earthless is awesome. I picked up the new live album and it sounds like shit but it's live so it is what it is.

Well, vinyl is about collection, having a nice looking object and supporting a scene. There are no other reasons to buy them nowadays, pretty much everything else about it is inconvenient. I love my collection, but I also know that in case of unforeseen financial issues it would be one of the first things to go.
At least it has tangible value tho. You can't sell off digital files. I've already been down the FLAC road and I'm now getting into vinyl. There is so much more shit that is only available on vinyl that ain't no way you are going to find on FLAC unless you rip it yourself from vinyl. All depends on musical taste tho.

Earthless is awesome. I picked up the new live album and it sounds like shit but it's live so it is what it is.
I like the new live album but the production quality isn't the greatest like you said which I can forgive since it is a live album

Spun this lovely record earlier tonight.
59569743_10156694991957639_6574680952545476608_n.jpg

At least it has tangible value tho. You can't sell off digital files. I've already been down the FLAC road and I'm now getting into vinyl. There is so much more shit that is only available on vinyl that ain't no way you are going to find on FLAC unless you rip it yourself from vinyl. All depends on musical taste tho.

Well, the quality of MP3 has improved over the years and you can find pretty much everything on that format. People don't compress as much as they used to now that we have broadband. Try your luck on Soulseek, I can find anything I want there and I've got pretty underground and diverse tastes.

Well, the quality of MP3 has improved over the years and you can find pretty much everything on that format. People don't compress as much as they used to now that we have broadband. Try your luck on Soulseek, I can find anything I want there and I've got pretty underground and diverse tastes.
Don't get me wrong, FLAC is awesome. I have a hard time downloading MP3's when they can easily be streamed with Spotify. I've had mixed results with Spotify though, I've listened to albums off there that I have CD's of and it sounds completely different. That said, CD's don't get the love they deserve. MP3's are better quality these days tho, I remember when 192kbps was God like. Shit I remember MP2 files off mIRC.

Back