You've died and a god (whatever god you want doesn't matter) offers you a choice

Am I on my own? I don't really want to be in a world not knowing anyone with no one to share it with, and that would depend.
I mean you're on your own to begin. But you'll make friends along the way.

Maybe I should have given an option for you get to take a certain amount of money with you to get a head start in life there.

Why would I want to retain my memories without the people that I love? Seems a bit cruel to live in a world got eternity when you can’t share it with the people you love.
The memories of your life in that world are retained. In essence you simply respawn.

Maybe I should have given an option for you get to take a certain amount of money with you to get a head start in life there.
This is thinly veiled me having to make "friends" to get laid because you think I'd be useless doing that without paying someone, right?

This is thinly veiled me having to make "friends" to get laid because you think I'd be useless doing that without paying someone, right?
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Fairy Tail which made me start this thread. The fact that most people in that show met during some kind of event and formed a friendship because of it and slowly became a big family of friends.
Not everyone would choose somewhere to get laid (which is also the reason I'd like to live in Fairy Tail) some people want adventure they didn't have in their real life. Not just to spend eternity fucking 10's.

I for one picked Fairy Tail because it's an interesting world filled with adventure, magic and 10/10 girls.

Memories are fine and dandy but they’re not the same if your love ones are not there.

I see we both see the flaws in this system. I’d want to share eternity with my loved ones.
Make a scrap book of your life before you die and say you wanna live there, sheesh. You don't necessarily retain memories of your IRL life, only who you are as a person.

Make a scrap book of your life before you die and say you wanna live there, sheesh. You don't necessarily retain memories of your IRL life, only who you are as a person.
Nah. I’m gonna tell god to kiss my ass, no deal.

Nah. I’m gonna tell god to kiss my ass, no deal.
You get the opportunity for unlimited adventure in a new world and you're hung about your loved ones in this life

You're gunna be disappointed when your wife gets the same choice and picks the firefighter calendar.

You get the opportunity for unlimited adventure in a new world and you're hung about your loved ones in this life

You're gunna be disappointed when your wife gets the same choice and picks the firefighter calendar.
That’s fine. I won’t have to hear her nagging for eternity. Seems like I am already in paradise.

Oh, think twice, cause it’s another day for you and me in paradise.

That’s fine. I won’t have to hear her nagging for eternity. Seems like I am already in paradise.

Oh, think twice, cause it’s another day for you and me in paradise.
I mean you won't be in paradise, you'll be standing in a line outside "Club Heaven" waiting to get let in, which may or may not come if someone decides to be reincarnated on to earth or gets sent to hell for stepping on Jesus sandals one too many times during DMX's set.

I mean you won't be in paradise, you'll be standing in a line outside "Club Heaven" waiting to get let in, which may or may not come if someone decides to be reincarnated on to earth or gets sent to hell for stepping on Jesus sandals one too many times during DMX's set.
I’ll slip the bouncer a 20, and I’ll get in.

main-qimg-16031a406003aa8d0f884fe2096ad935

Average height of a viking male was 5'6 and a woman 5'1. Unfortunately you've picked the Vikings TV show where everyone is 6'4 and 100kgs of muscle.

Had you picked a history book about vikings you'd probably have been considered a god.

Fuck it then I'll choose that one, I'm 6'6 120kg.

Me and Ragnar, the Viking age industrial revolution.

I'd probably live on a farm or as a hermit.

I guess one would cut a bloody swathe across the world at some point but the end would likely be transendental meditation.

(Also Lagatha)

I'd like to be born into the Culture from Iain Banks culture series of novels.
Post scarcity society and after a few tumultuous events they achieve galactic security.
Basically you can be or do anything you want. Including cruising around as a secret god in societies and worlds that are not that advanced yet to understand there is a whole galaxy of life out there.

I think there is alien moot as well

Oh, I’m quite sure none of my friends are getting into heaven. Just by association, I’m planning to be on some skewer for the rest of eternity and being cooked up like a kabob.

I'd pick a story in the real current world, being born at the same time. Given I know all the stocks to buy, bitcoin, real-estate, sporting results etc... it would be fun living as someone who is rich as all holy fuck and could basically do anything they wanted to.

I'll probably live in Switzerland, surrounded by beautiful and sexy Latinas and Lebanese girls.

You died, and a god offers you a choice. Heaven is full and they don't want to add more bed space so they give you the option to spend eternity in whatever story world you want. It can be a movie world, a book world, a tv world or an anime world (basically anything idc). You can die in the world but your life will just restart over in that world all memories retained.

Which world are you going to?

Fairy Tail (anime) world for me ;)
Mass Effect. I wanna screw some Asari.

Okay, if I know nothing about loved ones...should I still be offended you're insinuating I should have to pay people to be friends with me? Because I have you know, I have 36 friends on myspace.

I would also not be opposed to a life in Borat's village.

0b72ba4f4703a6550193a729f0b8a7de.gif

Back