Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 9.0

Unfortunately seemed like it turned into a coral , reef , fish tank thread more than anything.

Unfortunately seemed like it turned into a coral , reef , fish tank thread more than anything.
Don’t be hating on the fish, lots of the stuff that was posted was pretty impressive.
@Maréchal sounds like the ground squirrel was angry. Give it plenty of room, or he was politely asking for water... just kidding don’t get bit

@Zookeeper Gabe

We had a gorilla that was just moved from his zoo here in Albuquerque to Dallas. The gorilla been here for 30 some years and I don't understand why they would move him now. What could be a reason for that?

@Zookeeper Gabe

We had a gorilla that was just moved from his zoo here in Albuquerque to Dallas. The gorilla been here for 30 some years and I don't understand why they would move him now. What could be a reason for that?

This is usually done for a breeding recommendation, to maintain diverse genetics in a captive population they are managed by the SSP (species survival plan). in the wild animals disperse themselves to prevent inbreeding and this is how we replicate that in captivity.
https://www.aza.org/species-survival-plan-programs?locale=en

It’s animal thread and all those things are animals.
And who doesn’t like looking at a bright, flashy saltwater tank?

Anyone else think that the Indian giant squirrel is an underrated animal? It's just as cute and acrobatic as 'western' squirrels but it's the size of a small cat and some of them have crazy purple-ish colours.

deLbMbq.gif
[
giphy.gif

200.gif

i think all animals are an expression of God. you can learn alot about God by watching how animals behave-- they are amazing. also every animal in existence reveals a piece of homo sapien since we are all from the same family tree.

every animal is also a window through which consciousness views itself through existence.

Anyone else think that the Indian giant squirrel is an underrated animal? It's just as cute and acrobatic as 'western' squirrels but it's the size of a small cat and some of them have crazy purple-ish colours.
Provosts squirrels are really cool, the first time I saw one I was pretty impressed.
@the ambush wtf it took me a few seconds to exactly understand what I was seeing. That’s a king cobra, most likely a venomoid (glands removed) but that’s still a chance. Also fuck stressing out a snake like that

Provosts squirrels are really cool, the first time I saw one I was pretty impressed.
@the ambush wtf it took me a few seconds to exactly understand what I was seeing. That’s a king cobra, most likely a venomoid (glands removed) but that’s still a chance. Also fuck stressing out a snake like that

That's a different species of squirrel and the differences between them are rather big.

That's a different species of squirrel and the differences between them are rather big.
Yes, they are just another brightly colored awesome squirrel from asia and I misspelled it Prevost’s.

I’ve never seen the Indian giant in person

Yes, they are just another brightly colored awesome squirrel from asia and I misspelled it Prevost’s.

I’ve never seen the Indian giant in person

It's much prettier than the Prevost one and all the others in its family....the others are rather ugly actually.

Back