Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 9.0

Red shouldered hawk outside my place:
EuygmClXAAAEblI

A deer and her new fawn that are pretty chill around people since they live in a preserve that borders my house to the north :

E6BKDrcXsAQEgSH

A cool pic of a gator (I wasnt as close as it looks)

ExT8wT6W8AIEWNb

And this one got the cops called on me. An injured fawn I took to a rehabber, she had a wounded eye and was wandering in circles. Thankfully I had cleared it with the fish and wildlife beforehand, but the pigs wouldn't tell me who called so I could egg their house:

Ec-TMbFXYAE7HCb

Here's a tank update
jEd5PDE.jpg

@Cpt Migraine I've been running my sponge filter off a USB air pump and an Anker phone charger/battery pack. It runs the pump normally and when the power goes off it switches to the 5000mah battery pack. I tested how long the pump would last on battery power and I got 16 hours.
Over the years I've used a lot of hardware and I'd rank that little USB air pump in the top 5 best things I've bought in the aquarium hobby. It's versatile, super quiet, and cheap.

Last edited:
Eel Larvae

The history behind trying to figure out how eels reproduce is interesting, we still don't know how they do it and much of their life is still a mystery. The different life cycles of the eel were thought to be entirely different species up the 1880's.
We know their life cycles but we don't know how it happens. We know they go to certain breeding grounds, but we've never observed them having sex. Some of histories greats like Aristotle and Sigmund Freud have tried to figure out the eel.
F3.medium.gif

The history behind trying to figure out how eels reproduce is interesting, we still don't know how they do it and much of their life is still a mystery. The different life cycles of the eel were thought to be entirely different species up the 1880's.
We know their life cycles but we don't know how it happens. We know they go to certain breeding grounds, but we've never observed them having sex. Some of histories greats like Aristotle and Sigmund Freud have tried to figure out the eel.
F3.medium.gif

Here's a video of two morays spawning.

Are boxer dogs good for farming duty? Boxer dogs are not commonly recognized as a popular farm dog breed. In the past, boxer dogs have been used to herd cattle on the farm. Boxers have a strong reputation as a family companion, hunting dog, and watch dog.

https://notabully.org/are-boxers-good-farm-dogs/

Are boxer dogs good for farming duty? Boxer dogs are not commonly recognized as a popular farm dog breed. In the past, boxer dogs have been used to herd cattle on the farm. Boxers have a strong reputation as a family companion, hunting dog, and watch dog.

Just any old boxer? I would say no, but if you can find someone who’s breeding outspokenly for those traits still and working the dogs then yes

I think they would be trainable enough to do some things, but their lack of instinct for the jobs and their being brachycephalic (pushed in nose) would have me lean towards no.

Back