Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 9.0

I think they would be trainable enough to do some things, but their lack of instinct for the jobs and their being brachycephalic (pushed in nose) would have me lean towards no.

Agreed. All the 6 or 7 boxer dogs I've ever known have been loving and great family dogs. They've also been half brain dead, playful and slightly mad ..

I love shark week.

Newest shark I never heard of........
Poorbeagle Shark
porbeagle%2Bshark.jpg

Anyone else love butterfly koi fish? From what I've noticed they're popular with the public at large but not liked by koi 'connoisseurs'.

I love shark week.

Newest shark I never heard of........
Poorbeagle Shark
porbeagle%2Bshark.jpg

We've had a few of these wash up in Wales, actually.

Saw the biggest dog I've ever seen yesterday. Hands down. Seen wolfhounds and Danes but I swear to fuck, this monsters head and back were almost up to my nipples, I'm 5ft 9in.

The owner seemed Turkish, it was off the leash in a super crowded family park but seemed very chilled. Even played around a bit with two French bulldog youngsters.

He was adamant it wasn't a Kangal, he kept calling it an Asian Shepherd Dog but I've never heard of such a generic sounding breed. It resembled a Kangal, but a very fucking big one. I know they get big, too.

We've had a few of these wash up in Wales, actually.

Saw the biggest dog I've ever seen yesterday. Hands down. Seen wolfhounds and Danes but I swear to fuck, this monsters head and back were almost up to my nipples, I'm 5ft 9in.

The owner seemed Turkish, it was off the leash in a super crowded family park but seemed very chilled. Even played around a bit with two French bulldog youngsters.

He was adamant it wasn't a Kangal, he kept calling it an Asian Shepherd Dog but I've never heard of such a generic sounding breed. It resembled a Kangal, but a very fucking big one. I know they get big, too.
One of these big boys? Central Asian Shepherd Dog. Apparently they are ~28" to the shoulder and ~150lb.

One of these big boys? Central Asian Shepherd Dog. Apparently they are ~28" to the shoulder and ~150lb.

Looks that way yeah! I think even by these standards this thing was a big fella. Its head was enormous. I'm honestly not exaggerating, I was in flip flops so basically barefoot at 5ft 9in and it was almost up to my nipples and BROAD unlike Danes etc.

This must be the breed. I was trying to chat with the guy, i was assuming he was Turkish so was saying "Anatolian shepherd?!" But his English wasn't amazing so I assumed lost in translation. This dog fits the general picture, cheers man!

Anyone else love butterfly koi fish? From what I've noticed they're popular with the public at large but not liked by koi 'connoisseurs'.

Long fins are popular in the US, just not Asia. In Japan they're not even considered a Koi. Long fin koi do have the problem that when they get older their pectoral fins get so long they end up just getting twisted and tangled with each other. Eventually leading to torn fins, open wounds, etc.
I've seen the label American applied to a couple different varieties like butterflies at judging competitions. I don't know if that means they have a different fin length, body type, color pattern, etc. Or maybe that means they're from America. I don't know that much about the classification of the different varieties.

Last edited:
Back