“Only Cowards tap to Strikes.”

I've never ever been opposed to tapping to strikes. Ending up like Gary Goodridge isn't something one should exactly aspire to

With the GSP thing, I kinda understand the desperation to demean him, to the point that you reaaally gotta dig deep to discredit him compared to the other P4P Goats (Jones and Anderson with the roids, Fedor has his losses, etc), so they use that as a laughable excuse that he can't be Goat

Effing Shogun tapped to strikes, and he's one of baddest mofo's in the whole sport

Last edited:
imagine if you were the big bad bully at school and you get dropped and tapped to strikes to a kid that's 1/2 your size. Yeah, you should transfer schools immediately and never show your face again.

Why would you continue getting punched in the face if you can’t defend yourself properly? Live to fight another day, as they say

Tapping to an armbar is fine in your opinion despite the fact that the worst thing that can happen is a broken arm

Oh you mean like having your career cut for several years ?

How many fighters actually break their limbs during a fight ? Very few.

How many fighters lose by KO or TKO during a fight ? Such a thing happens everyday, yet GSP tapped.

Also, most if not all fighters will tap during a submission or a choke anyway.

As i said, not comparable <seedat>

Last edited:
I don’t have a problem tapping to strikes, but giving up a submission to avoid some ground like Conor did against Nate is a pussy move

imagine if you were the big bad bully at school and you get dropped and tapped to strikes to a kid that's 1/2 your size. Yeah, you should transfer schools immediately and never show your face again.
Even if that doesn't happen though you should reconsider your life choices. Pissing people off who probably are going to do better than you in life is a sure way to get absolutely nowhere in life.

Also if you're not a casual.... you would notice that tapping to strikes is just about the same as any other TKO these days. Most the TKO's in recent times the guys literally pretend to be more hurt than they are and look at the ref hoping for him to stop it. How is that any less cowardice lol.

or just beat the shit out of him in the rematch. ;)

Also if you're not a casual.... you would notice that tapping to strikes is just about the same as any other TKO these days. Most the TKO's in recent times the guys literally pretend to be more hurt than they are and look at the ref hoping for him to stop it. How is that any less cowardice lol.

Nothing wrong with that fundamentally and obviously not fighter is a coward.

However GOAT means something and it's a perfectly legit argument in this case, especially when most fighters don't tap to strikes.

Last edited:
All the people who type that on here would tap to strikes in real life lol

Nothing wrong with that fundamentally and obviously not fighter is a coward.

However GOAT means something and it's a perfectly legit argument in this case, especially when most fighters don't tapp to strikes.
Most fighters do pretend to be more hurt than they are though so the ref can stop the fight and they stop taking damage.

Just look at contender series where the guys really want the job so badly vs mid/undercard ufc fighters when they get dropped. The contender guys always try to fight back no matter what. Whereas the UFC guys if they feel too far behind will just pretend to be almost unconcious despite being able to turtle up and reduce damage of the incoming strikes (not talking something like Usman where he was completely out but the guys who roll over and cover their face and pretend to be rocked when they're on the ground).

Remember Jiri vs Glover, if Glover was 99% of other fighters on the UFC he would have found like 10 (idk the real number I made that up) opportunities to quit in that fight.

No fighter is a coward. That being said, GOAT means something and indeed you can't be the GOAT while tapping to strikes.

People are speaking about brain damage, but that's what happens when you lose by KO anyway, so it's a lame argument : when hit in the head, fighters usually lose by KO or TKO but GSP tapped.

A submission or a choke are obviously completely different, so not comparable for obvious reasons.
Anderson tapped to a heel hook.
Fedor to a Triangle Choke
Jones to USADA
Those are OK but GSP is not even considered due to tapping to strikes? Flawed logic at best.

A blood choke has no lasting effect on your future quality of life, but a prolonged episode of blunt force trauma to the brain can quite literally leave you a shell of yourself, in vegetative state, or cause death.
You’ve never competed in Combat Sports or you would know this. I respect tapping to strikes a lot more than tapping to a blood choke.

Most fighters do pretend to be more hurt than they are though so the ref can stop the fight and they stop taking damage.

Still harder than tapping to strikes, hence why GSP didn't even try lol.

Some people are saying GSP is the MMA GOAT = better than any fighter who ever did MMA. Once again, it means something.

You may pretend to be a great fighter when you tap to strikes, but it's a perfectly legit question when it's about the GOAT status.

I am just going to throw this out there. When I ask myself this question, I stop to think that Dana White didn’t tap when Whitey Bulger’s guys were jumping him.

A blood choke has no lasting effect on your future quality of life, but a prolonged episode of blunt force trauma to the brain can quite literally leave you a shell of yourself, in vegetative state, or cause death.
You’ve never competed in Combat Sports or you would know this. I respect tapping to strikes a lot more than tapping to a blood choke.

Fine then you'll have to explain why most fighters don't tap to strikes and either lose by KO/TKO while almost all of them tap to submissions/chokes (if still conscious).

Obviously, you know that because you competed in fighting sports <seedat>

Just look at contender series where the guys really want the job so badly vs mid/undercard ufc fighters when they get dropped. The contender guys always try to fight back no matter what. Whereas the UFC guys if they feel too far behind will just pretend to be almost unconcious despite being able to turtle up and reduce damage of the incoming strikes (not talking something like Usman where he was completely out but the guys who roll over and cover their face and pretend to be rocked when they're on the ground).

Remember Jiri vs Glover, if Glover was 99% of other fighters on the UFC he would have found like 10 (idk the real number I made that up) opportunities to quit in that fight.
How could you possibly know this? It’s just a silly assumption by some random. So a PRIZE fighter is going to pretend to be hurt so they can lose out on their WIN bonus and a potential PERFORMANCE bonus?! For what?

You seem to not realize that the contender series is full of regional talent and the UFC, and 90% of their roster, are a completely different level; specifically PPV fighters.
How people like you, with no real training or Combat Sports experience, are so confident in your ignorance is nothing short of astonishing.

Fine then you'll have to explain why most fighters don't tap to strikes and either lose by KO/TKO while almost all of them tap to submissions/chokes (if still conscious).

Obviously, you know that because you competed in fighting sports <seedat>
Sure did and I’ll tel you right now.
You are usually entirely conscious when a submission is applied and no one instinctively wants a broken arm/ snapped ACL, etc. so they usually concede.
Most fighters, when being unloaded on with GNP, are quite literally being concussed and are not completely with their senses, hence why a ref usually needs to intervene. Some people have such a great chin that they are aware of the beating they are taking, can’t defend against it, no longer want to be beaten to death(literally), and surrender.
If you had even trained in a beginner MMA class, you wouldn’t be this ignorant.

Back