Opinion “Women are not paid their fair share” President Biden

Blame all the women who refuse to watch Women's sports.

Also... have you tried watching a WNBA game from start to finish?
This is the correct Answer.
If you watch women's sports, you generally are accepting you are getting much lower quality than men's sports.

Most 16 year old high school boys teams can give Olympic best of the best women's squads a run for their money in most sports.

And I would not watch high school boy level sports on TV if other options were available. You only watch that shit to cheer for your kid on the team or keep an eye on a prodigy level generational talent type prospect.

Women need to stop rewatching reruns of the Gilmour girls the bachelor and force themselves to pay for and support Women's sports if they want to complain about it. Both by attending and turning the TV on to help them show ratings.

Pay is generated by revenue, both at the gate and from TV deals. Their league is subsidized and loses money every year

If I worked for a company that consistently lost money, and I still had a job and received a paycheck, the last thing that I would do is complain about how much I was getting paid.
And playing a game at that... Getting paid to do what you actually love to do, and what children do.... I would shut up and enjoy the ride.

Actually no, though that's not an accurate description of what happened. Gaslighting is when you try to cause someone to question their own perception, generally over a long period of time. Comes from a movie. Recently been used to just mean disagreeing with Republicans.
Literally wrote question beliefs in my message. Maybe you missed it.

Literally wrote question beliefs in my message. Maybe you missed it.
"Question beliefs" isn't it. Very telling that you think it is. You don't seem to think that people should think for themselves (which is what questioning beliefs is).

In the movie, the villain is uses various tricks to make his victim think she's going crazy (that her sensory perception is unreliable) over a long period of time. He's not just saying that he disagrees with her about stuff.

As I said, there is a legitimate dispute about the size of the gap and about the reasons. See the link @nostradumbass posted and lied about for some discussion about it (not the final word of course).

From the piece:

Goes on. I'm not doing original research on this so I'd rely on the same sources. But the headline is just that there is a gap in earnings between men and women (men make more). Some portion of it is likely due to difference choices men and women make.
Good post.

I got a kick out of how in the quoted text they even concede there is a gap, even if it is only a 4%, for women who choose to remain single and childless, but call it "virtually no gap". 4% is an hourly wage worker's usual vacation pay, at least here in Canukistan; that adds up significantly as the years pass, wouldn't you say? As long as it is not swamped by the margin of error in the measurement, of course.

"Question beliefs" isn't it. Very telling that you think it is. You don't seem to think that people should think for themselves (which is what questioning beliefs is).

In the movie, the villain is uses various tricks to make his victim think she's going crazy (that her sensory perception is unreliable) over a long period of time. He's not just saying that he disagrees with her about stuff.
I must watch that sometime.

These seem like mostly amateur athletes, tbh.

Olympics and all that stuff is amateur.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal either way, at least not as big of a deal as the poster I quoted implied.

Like one trans competing in an amateur or youth league ruins the sport. A lot of the examples you provided especially at the higher levels were not even transwoman, but transmen.
Olympics is a serious business for athletes. These transgender assholes should not be there competing with women.

The three worst mistakes this nation ever made happened over a hundred years ago.

*The Federal Reserve.
*The federal income tax.
*Allowing women to vote.

9x4mu8cl00h71.png

<BC1>

And that's just 2020.

Imagine the last 70 years if women couldn't vote.... for JFK so he couldn't win, and get us into Vietnam.

And based on that alone is a completely different alternate history up until the modern times that both Trump & Biden wouldn't be viable nominees, because both parties would be rallying for MEN to vote for them, rather than emotional & easily manipulated women.

Women ruin everything, including nations.

And that's just 2020.

Imagine the last 70 years if women couldn't vote.... for JFK so he couldn't win, and get us into Vietnam.

And based on that alone is a completely different alternate history up until the modern times that both Trump & Biden wouldn't be viable nominees, because both parties would be rallying for MEN to vote for them, rather than emotional & easily manipulated women.

Women ruin everything, including nations.

A tale as old as time. The downfall of Troy was caused by Helen's infidelity. I'm just saying.

It's probably already been said multiple times but if women watched women's sports at the same rate men watched mens then they would get paid the same.
This is basic supply and demand economics and the leader of the country really should have a grasp of that.

You can't expect to be paid more when you can't fill up those seats when you play hahaha
Yeah this thread had moved to all occupations etc... but whether a singer or wnba player (relying on public)... you can leverage more money when you fill the seats. When you bring crowds you set the market. Otherwise it's what the market bears. The overall discussion of women vs men is separate imo. Taylor swift likely makes more money than the rest because she fills seats...

On the flipside, I remember taking a job in Boston and found out my coworker (woman) made 7k more than me and I had my masters and 16 publications. But she had industry experience and likely negotiated. I took the offer as I really wanted that job. We joke about it now that we are both out of the industry. Wife sounds like she should be pushing for a raise tho. Or find another spot

She is doing both. Pushing for a raise and trying to get other positions, but u like you, she doesn’t have tons of pubs. She was more a fundraiser getting millions in grants, but all she hears is “need more pubs”

I mean in this last college season. I think the top 5 highest paid were all girls.
Which is appropriate. They were bringing in the crowds and ratings. Funny how this very simplistic concept escapes the WNBA players.

I don't even root against these women's leagues. I just can't stand the entitlement. There's a new women's hockey league that just started this year, and they're killing it. Good attendance, decent ratings. If that continues, I'll be right there saying they deserve more if they're getting screwed over. I won't be there promoting it just because, though.

Back