✝️ R.I.P. BIGWAVERIDER The Greatest Sherbro of All Time!

Hey bro, it seems you linked the direct URL of your PM box conversation, which other members obviously can't access. If you think it's appropriate, you could copy/paste a few messages here, although I'm not sure it's a good idea (that practice is explicitly forbidden on some fora, but I admit I don't know if that's the case here )

Hey bro, it seems you linked the direct URL of your PM box conversation, which other members obviously can't access. If you think it's appropriate, you could copy/paste a few messages here, although I'm not sure it's a good idea (that practice is explicitly forbidden on some fora, but I admit I don't know if that's the case here )
Thank you for the heads up! Sorry about that then, I thought I could just share the entire exchange.

Thank you for the heads up! Sorry about that then, I thought I could just share the entire exchange.
Anyway, its not worth sharing. The entire convo just as it happened is whats up. Makes sense why that isn't allowed imo, but there is zero personal info in there which made me comfy trying to share...

I haven't been around in a minute and even after the years this guy is the first thing that comes to mind when mentioning Sherdog.

So many laughs, so much joy. Amazing how a simple form of art like shoops can bring people together and make everyone's day just better.

RIP BWR

I was on my wall and noticed a fun little exchange BWR and I had when I became Chessty Larouge. He couldn't keep track of my name changes, but I think he appreciated me being named by the people. He seemed to genuinely love interacting with all of us, and he definitely made this place a lot more fun. I miss seeing him around and will never forget him.

No. Fucking. Way.

Got damn it.

This has been such a horrible fucking year in regards to long term, kind and selfless Sherbros.

BWR would give you the digital shirt off of his back. He spent so much time helping us with avs and was such a positive presence. I'm gutted.

I really don't even know what to really say. BWR and Grego in only a few months time. I need a fucking beer.

EDIT: I just feel compelled to add to this post to demonstrate how good of a person BWR was. One day a fellow Sherbro admitted openly that he was sick and bed ridden, had no money and was using an old tablet to access Suredawg. BWR being the amazing guy that he was, PM'd me telling me the story, and he and I got together with a few others to kick in some money to purchase the poster a new tablet so he could better enjoy his time while he was here.

To say that BWR was one of the best and most giving people here would probably be an understatement. This is a huge loss for so many people here. Truly. I cannot imagine what his family is going through.

short time has gone by since the lose of Mike. everyday I go onto sherdog and find as much comfort as I can from your graphics the visions of love. time has done nothing for me and his siblings except miss him more. I wish you all good health, stay safe and love who you are. that will pass onto others. my Michael was a great example. enjoy your holidays. Carole ,, Mike's mother

This is devastating News man

It's hard to think of who's been a bigger influence or contributor to the community than @bigwaverider

Completely selfless and helping to everybody. Going out of his way to make videos for people including myself on how to do simple things and taking time to pretty much take every single shoop request you could throw at him

I've always have fond memories of the shoop threads he made that have brought us all together and given us so much joy

This is a special person and a big loss to the community

I'm suddenly choking up trying to type this here but yeah fuck life sometimes kicks you in the balls eh

It's pretty remarkable to see how fast the responses are rolling in and I do hope his family sees this because he left his mark on the world and a lasting impression with wonderful memories for all of us

Absolutely top tier person that I now regret not spending as much time with - DEEPLY

Feels like we lost a family member and it hurts

Mad respect

clippy I do see and read your tribute. love your graphic work honoring work
.so thank you. Michaels mother Carole

hey there

Merry Christmas!

It does make me happy to see you here and the spirit of the community coming together to grieve

At first glance this looks like a community for dumb alcoholics who like seeing ppl beat each other up but the heart and soul of this place is astounding when you dig deeper - and your son was a BIG part of that

My only regret is losing interest in UFC and also getting invested in other stuff which took me away from here - and away from spending more time with Mike which I wish I had - to my EXTREME regret

He just wanted to be everyones friend and teach stuff. I was never much interested in actually making art stuff tho truly, so I only participated with half ass works to try and be social. But Mike would always go out of his way to teach me anything he could and I still remember and practice what I learned here and there

I just wish I talked to him more in the end but you never know right -- our interests were just not aligned and I got distant from this place.

not sure where Im going with this - just your son was awesome and I wish I spent more time with him - he shined brightly and touched everyones lives in a profound way as you can see

alright take care and stay strong and remember the memories

there very few ppl here or there that can leave such a lasting impression

Back