0% active fighters make less money than top 20 earners of all time

Just saw this article written last month of the top 20 UFC fighters with the highest earnings made from fights alone. I put 0% on my title because although Conor is scheduled to fight soon, and Jones/Stipe is still in the works, they haven’t been active as of late.

I am surprised to not see names like Alex Pereira, Dustin Poirier after two money fights with Conor, and even Francis Ngannou when he was still under UFC break $5M which is the lowest on the table below.

These numbers can’t be right.

FIGHTER NAMECAREER EARNINGS
Conor McGregor$39,300,000
Khabib Nurmagomedov$22,900,000
Alistair Overeem$15,400,500
Anderson Silva$13,500,000
Andrei Arlovski$11,200,000
Michael Bisping$11,100,000
Junior Dos Santos$11,000,000
Georges St-Pierre$10,950,000
Jon Jones$10,900,000
Donald Cerrone$10,600,000
Daniel Cormier$10,200,000
Mark Hunt$9,800,000
Stipe Miocic$9,400,000
Vitor Belfort$9,000,000
Dan Henderson$8,500,000
Brock Lesnar$5,295,000
Jose Aldo$5,270,500
Mauricio Rua$5,270,000
Frankie Edgar$5,158,000
Lyoto Machida$5,035,000

Source: https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/ufc/20-highest-paid-ufc-fighters-bm05/
The fighters who came over from strikeforce had good contracts, and ufc honored them. So overeem, arlovski, and others made lots of money and fought 3-4 times a year.

At one point, arlovski just went and sparred 3 round decision wins and got paid huge sums. Very smart career management, compared to being knocked out regularly for half the pay lol.

Good on Mark Hunt's management, he made a lot for having such an average fight record and not a ton of fights.

Once again, Hunt was at no greater disadvantage in that category than the majority of fighters in the MMA world.
Except that he was sent in against a known roider that had just popped for roids and the UFC knew he was a roider and the gave an exemption so he could roid and fight. Roids.

How is Andrei Arlovski not active? He fought in January and his a fight booked, and he's on the list.

Doesn't he not count as one of the zero percent, or whatever the hell the headline means?

Says who

Its all speculation, and made up. So many fighters I heard later on in interviews saying actually they were paid way more than that (for a certain event) and got lots of bonuses. Same with UFC PPV numbers in the last few years, its plucked from someones behind and guess work.

Yep, Brock Lesnar making only $5 million during sponsors era is definitely bullshit.

Do you really believe PPV points didn't earn Rousey more than 5 mils?

We know exactly what Rousey made over her UFC career: 17.7 million. Basically a bit over 2 million a fight.

She was still getting screwed over massively compared to what she brought in but obviously it was more than 5 million.

It's annoying that we have literal court documents proving a lot of this shit but MMA fans still bite on every fake payout website there is.

we will never know the true earnings. lot of under the table deals happening.

i dont for a second believe that Bisping and JDS made more than Jones and GSP.

But we do know the true earnings of figters in the time period covered by court documents.

'Under the table deals' do not exist.

Discretionary bonuses do but these were proven to be relatively limited. In some cases they were much more than the contract - Chael was thrown some crumbs for example because he was too much of a shill to negotiate a decent contract. But generally, fighters got paid what they were contracted to.

Good on Mark Hunt's management, he made a lot for having such an average fight record and not a ton of fights.

The record is average only if you look at the numbers but not the names.
The man fought Curtis Blaydes at 44 years of age.

Just saw this article written last month of the top 20 UFC fighters with the highest earnings made from fights alone. I put 0% on my title because although Conor is scheduled to fight soon, and Jones/Stipe is still in the works, they haven’t been active as of late.

I am surprised to not see names like Alex Pereira, Dustin Poirier after two money fights with Conor, and even Francis Ngannou when he was still under UFC break $5M which is the lowest on the table below.

These numbers can’t be right.

FIGHTER NAMECAREER EARNINGS
Conor McGregor$39,300,000
Khabib Nurmagomedov$22,900,000
Alistair Overeem$15,400,500
Anderson Silva$13,500,000
Andrei Arlovski$11,200,000
Michael Bisping$11,100,000
Junior Dos Santos$11,000,000
Georges St-Pierre$10,950,000
Jon Jones$10,900,000
Donald Cerrone$10,600,000
Daniel Cormier$10,200,000
Mark Hunt$9,800,000
Stipe Miocic$9,400,000
Vitor Belfort$9,000,000
Dan Henderson$8,500,000
Brock Lesnar$5,295,000
Jose Aldo$5,270,500
Mauricio Rua$5,270,000
Frankie Edgar$5,158,000
Lyoto Machida$5,035,000

Source: https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/ufc/20-highest-paid-ufc-fighters-bm05/
You are leaving out the benefits like Conor got unlimited Reebok gear at 20% off. Also, the UFC pays benefits like pensions and healthcare after fighters retire. So George St. Pierre career earnings with benefits go from 10,950,000 all the way up to 10,950,000.

these are likely low estimates, based off disclosed numbers. the true amount of earnings for those listed involve things like locker room bonuses and sponsorships, and perhaps ppv %, if not publicly disclosed. for fighters like arlovski, the figures are probably more accurate since his earnings are due to his longevity in the ufc. for fighters like conor and brock, it’s likely much more since they are stars. there are probably many fighters that are not on this list that could be, like ronda and chael. overall, looks like these people have enough money to retire and live comfortably for the rest of their lives. not bad.

Some of these fighters I think earned more than listed, others probably less. The UFC is shady and intentionally hides numbers. I don't doubt Conor and GSP have made a lot more than this.
UFC is cheap even with Conor.

I don't even understand what this thread is saying.

0% of active fighters make less money than the top 20 all time earners? So you're saying that all active UFC fighters are making bank? What?

LOL - those numbers are garbage

Crazy how Mark Hunt and Stipe have nearly the same income but Stipe has been so much more successful and the UFC HW goat. Both have 18 UFC fights.

I don't even understand what this thread is saying.

0% of active fighters make less money than the top 20 all time earners? So you're saying that all active UFC fighters are making bank? What?
yah, I think title is fucked up lol, took me a long time to get what he meant, and I don't think the title actually says what he meant to say lol

I am surprised no one else has commented on it.

Back