17 years old Raul Rosas Jr gets signed off the Dana White Contender Series: too soon?

His potential seemed rather obvious to me. Not ready to crown him GOAT or anything like that, but I don't see why he can't be competitive with the bottom half or bottom third of the the Bantmanweight division right now. He'll win some, he'll lose some, and he'll keep progressing. Hopefully.

Jordan Mein and Rory were fighting pretty young. I doubt the kid becomes a champion or anything, but he should do well as long as he keeps his camps smart.
I think fighting so young is part of the reason Rory fell off so young... he fought guys he wasn't ready for too early in his career and it hurt him long-term.

Sign him and give him a fight when he turns 18.

Now the real question is how long until he becomes Sherbro public enemy number 1?

He turns 18 in October so he won't be getting any more fights at 17 in the promotion

It's possible. If I remember correctly, he debuted against Condit. That's one hell of a tall task.
Rory debuted against Michael guymon and obliterated him. His second fight was against condit and it was a amazing fight that Rory was winning. Then condit being condit came back and took it from him. It’s one of the fights that got condit his warriors respect and reputation, Among many. After that Rory went on a tear beating everyone not named Robbie Lawler.

This kid has been promoted as Mexican, the first thing i see about him he speaks like he is from the US.

Regarding Nickal, he probably wouldnt accept 10k/10k to go to the major promotion, or they are really taking the slow approach with him.

I just pointed out Dana being a major clown for this.

How do you pass on D1 wrestling royalty who dropped everything to focus on MMA these past couple years, and sign a 17 year old kid who’s been fighting in a Mexican rodeo MMA promotion???

The goof strikes again. This new gimmick isn’t going to pan out.

His given Bo the golden road. His given him another headline shot on national TV against a fighter who is appropriate in level of experience. His basically growing his brand. If he went to UFC he would have been buried at the bottom of a card.

I was completely against him being on the show but I was completely wrong. The kid is already physically developed and highly skilled. That ridiculous pace of grappling that he goes at can cause people on the roster problems.

He didn't really impress me.

His opponent, Mando, seemed to have fuck all idea on the ground, despite having a bunch of sub wins. Like, at one point he was trying to put on a gullotine and the kid was basically already in his guard, and for some reason Mando kicked the kid out of his guard and into side control. It was weird.

Mando was making heaps of dumb mistakes all fight. A good fighter is going to hurt this kid, I think.

He didn't really impress me.

His opponent, Mando, seemed to have fuck all idea on the ground, despite having a bunch of sub wins. Like, at one point he was trying to put on a gullotine and the kid was basically already in his guard, and for some reason Mando kicked the kid out of his guard and into side control. It was weird.

Mando was making heaps of dumb mistakes all fight. A good fighter is going to hurt this kid, I think.
luckily thanks to DWCS, there are plenty of not great fighters being peddled by the UFC now he can face.

Back