184 lbs Lawler who was planning to cut to 170lbs, is gonna face 195lbs+ Nick Diaz, fight night

Typical Diaz. Unprofessional cheating scum.

He’s getting an entire weight class advantage because this junkie lacks any discipline and honour like real fighters. If it was the other way he’d never shut up.
Remember him moaning about GSP’s weight being over by 0.1 lbs. This guy is a true clown who belongs in a circus if not an asylum.

Why are we all acting like Diaz is a big MW?

Even if he does rehydrate to 195ish, it's not like he's packed on a ton of muscle and found Vovchanchyn-like ko power.

Even if he weighs more, I still wouldn't give him the advantage in the strength/power department.

He’s getting an entire weight class advantage because this junkie lacks any discipline and honour like real fighters. If it was the other way he’d never shut up.
Remember him moaning about GSP’s weight being over by 0.1 lbs. This guy is a true clown who belongs in a circus if not an asylum.

Title fights have no weight allowance.

This is all talk, we need fight night weigh-ins implemented by the UFC (they dont care, i know), Lawler weigh-in with clothes and still below 185 means little imo, the important number is how much will they weigh tomorrow night.

It does seems cheap by Diaz tho, even if he doesnt end up much heavier than Lawler it seems he didnt feel like cutting to 170lbs and just dropped the bomb on Lawler who wouldnt make a big issue about it, and Diaz gets to fight without a weight cut.

Well, Lawler didn't even take off his shirt and shorts (uncertain about shoes) at the weigh-in, so unlikely he cut any weight.

I just have a hard time believing Nick's camp JUST figured out that he wasn't going to make weight late last week/early this week. It's one of two things: Either Diaz's camp was an undisciplined shit show with idiots running it, or it was intentional.

And for those stating "Robbie doesn't care, so neither should we". I wholeheartedly disagree. If you want MMA to become a legitimate sport that showcases the BEST athletes in the world, mickey mouse bullshit like this needs to stop.

Most of the best fighters in history don't give a shit about a little weight disadvantage. Robbie seems fine with it. Helax.
The issue is how Nick and his team got there. If Nick said that 'hey I'm not comfortable fighting Robbie unless I have a size advantage', Robbie would probably still take the fight because he's nuts. It's just the means to the end were very dirty, something you wouldn't expect from Nick.

And his fanboys are just like
<{cruzshake}>

Emotional.

“Nick’s a cheater. Lawler should be allowed to ‘do his thing’ to bulk to 200.”

57f5f-15646065399500-800.jpg

{<hhh]

Ya if he knew he would be fighting at 185 he would had bulked up

Lawler is a fucking badass savage...Of course that should be his mentality....Doesn't mean he isn't getting screwed over.

and talks about making it "right"....Im guessing making it right means he will get paid more.....So yeah if he wants to get paid more, he clearly has some sort of problem with this bullshit of Nick having a weight/size advantage.....but since he is fighting, he is gonna focus on fighting while his manager negotiates for him.

@Substance Abuse
Watch

The issue is how Nick and his team got there. If Nick said that 'hey I'm not comfortable fighting Robbie unless I have a size advantage', Robbie would probably still take the fight because he's nuts. It's just the means to the end were very dirty, something you wouldn't expect from Nick.

And his fanboys are just like
<{cruzshake}>

I mean....you're going pretty deep into speculation to even suggest that was Nick's intention. Especially considering that nothing was even mentioned until earlier this week.

E__PQa1VIAM0Nn4.jpg

Cheap move by Diaz....It's clear that he cut water weight to 185lbs just look how shredded he is....Dude never planned on cutting to 170lbs.

Compare this to lawler who weigh in with clothes on.

This is absolute bullshit.......inb4 "lawler could've denied it".....Yeah and miss on a payday + he would be called a coward for denying the fight....Everybody who knows Robbie Lawler, knew he will take the fight regardless including Nick Diaz/Dana....thus Nick never planned on cutting to 170lbs, he knew robbie would take the fight at 185lbs on short notice.

He could've easily has said the fight to take place at 185lbs since the get go, but he knew a properly bulked Lawer at 185lbs which give him more problems.

I hate blatant cheating like this, but is so obvious....Im rooting for lawler, screw this cheat, I'm a Nick Diaz fan as well, but this blatant cheating is such bullshit.

Diaz fan but ya that so cheap should give 20 percent purse if no maybe more

Title fights have no weight allowance.
They do, in Nevada it's less than 0.5 pounds, it's anything less than 1 pound in Quebec. It's in the rules based on the level of accuracy they allow for the scales. They announce the weight by rounding down to the level they consider accurate. So if you weigh 170.49 on a NSAC scale they call it 170.

I mean....you're going pretty deep into speculation to even suggest that was Nick's intention. Especially considering that nothing was even mentioned until earlier this week.
uhhh yeah that's the point....Nothing was mentioned until the last week, so Lawler had no time to adjust at all.....Meanwhile Nick is cutting to 185lbs shredded

Why are people white knighting fighters now?

It just seems that way to me. It's possible Nick tried his best to cut weight but something caused it not happen. Just a strange thing to find out 4 days before the fight, especially since we are talking about 10-15 lbs.

Granted he's been out for a while, but it's not like it's Nick first fight at WW, or that he went all Johnny Hendricks during his layoff.

uhhh yeah that's the point....Nothing was mentioned until the last week, so Lawler had no time to adjust at all.....Meanwhile Nick is cutting to 185lbs shredded

Shredded? Everybody has been talking about how fat, soft, and sloppy he's looked. Lawler came in 184 shredded.... wtf, man?

Shredded? Everybody has been talking about how fat, soft, and sloppy he's looked. Lawler came in 184 shredded.... wtf, man?
E__PQa1VIAM0Nn4.jpg

Seriously? Look at how he looked at the weigh ins....you can clearly see his abs unlike earlier that week, why? because he cut water weight to get to 185lbs thus he looks more shredded.....It's obvious.

So yeah the dude is cutting to 185lbs, he will be way heavier than lawler........You people are so in denial lol.

Back