2005 Fedor vs Present Day Stipe

RomanJester

#MAGA
@Orange
Reaction score
Who takes it. The Last Emperor or Miocic? I say Miocic, his game is well rounded and he takes Fedor down and beats him down like he did to Hunt or stifles him like he did to Ngannou.

At first I thought "Stipe obviously." But the more I think about it maybe a 50-50 fight. Prime Fedor was scary.

Fedor, super fast boxing, GnP

Tough fight, but I’ll take Fedor. Fedor’s TDD is excellent over the course of his career, so I don’t think he’s getting taken down and beat up. Stipe struggled with Cormier’s speed—how do you think he’d deal with a Fedor’s? Fedor could certainly finish him, but I think Fedor by (clear) decision is the most likely outcome.

edit: somehow I missed that it was present day Stipe. Stipe looked old and slow to me in that last fight. Prime Fedor beats that version of Stipe. Each guy fighting the other on their best night may be close to 50-50.

The evolution of MMA at heavyweight isn't near what it is at other weight classes. But then again, I think about Cormier getting beat by Stipe 2 out of 3 times and I DO think that LHW has evolved greatly yet Cormier was the 2nd best all time at LHW so those two narrative sort of contradict one another don't they..hmmm. Maybe its not that HW's haven't evolved as much as the fact that pure brawn presents more of an equalizing factor at HW than the other weight classes, partially due to the fact that there's potential for more weight disparity...and when Derrick Lewis counters world class Ju-Jitsu with 'just get up' technique, it gives the appearance that there's less technique at HW.

Its all so confusing. At the end of the day, I feel like Fedor's style would present a lot of problems for Stipe if he fought smart. His boxing was unorthodox and I think it would throw Stipe off. It would be very interesting to see how Fedor's Sambo matched up with Stipe's wrestling.

Fedor by TKO or Submission. Fedor at his best could strike with Prime Cro Cop and do well or grapple with Prime Big Nog and do even better. In this hypothetical match up I think Fedor has the advantage in speed, standing, wrestling and in sub grappling.

Seen the rise of both guys. Gotta go with Fedor on this one. Fedor in his prime had a very tricky striking style that gave many guys that had great striking problems. And he had big power in his hands. Fight wouldn't hit the ground. Fedor wins this one by KO. Fedor has the speed, power and precision, and Stipe does leave himself open to big shots. Not saying Stipe has bad defense, he has good defense but there are openings.

Prime Stipe wins every time but I would say Fedor could take him now. He's faster than DC and DC was landing heaps of punches

Fedor vs Cro Cop is similar to what I envision Stipe vs Fedor looking like.

Back