2017 Goals Thread

- Run a 5K for charity(British Heart Foundation).
- Squat 350.- Deadlift 450.

- Bench teh 275(kidding!:))
- Compete in a BJJ comp.

hope u get the running of the 5k soon.

i hope i have enough endurance for a half marathon

and squat 350, deadlift 450.... heehee i doubt i can, but i will try for 2017

I think I should have trained for this meet with meet commands and all. Keep missing commands.

Ι guess getting my high-bar over 200, my bench over 130 and my clean to 150 decent goals for me this year.

But staying in one piece while I keep training is my number 1 priority right about now.

- Didn't high-bar 200+, but I did get 200 (which was a lifetime PR).
- Didn't bench 130, but I did double 120 (also a lifetime PR).
- Didn't clean 150 in 2016, but I did clean it in the first week of 2017 (also a lifetime PR).
- Didn't stay in one piece, but 2016 was clearly a better year than 2015 in terms of injuries.

I guess I can consider 2016 a moderately-successful year.

...and I'll set some new goals for 2017:

- Squat over 200.
- Bench over 130.
- Power clean (from hang or from the ground) 140.
- Get a backflip from the ground.
- Get a ring muscle-up.

Staying in one piece is still my #1 goal. We'll see how that goes.

- Didn't high-bar 200+, but I did get 200 (which was a lifetime PR).
- Didn't bench 130, but I did double 120 (also a lifetime PR).
- Didn't clean 150 in 2016, but I did clean it in the first week of 2017 (also a lifetime PR).
- Didn't stay in one piece, but 2016 was clearly a better year than 2015 in terms of injuries.

I guess I can consider 2016 a moderately-successful year.

...and I'll set some new goals for 2017:

- Squat over 200.
- Bench over 130.
- Power clean (from hang or from the ground) 140.
- Get a backflip from the ground.
- Get a ring muscle-up.

Staying in one piece is still my #1 goal. We'll see how that goes.
Hey good to see you still post, man.

How's life?

Hey good to see you still post, man.

How's life?

Life is decent. I'm working as a strength coach for a pro basketball team and recently started a 2-year master's program on "athletic performance maximization". I don't work out as much as I used to but I still keep a training log here.

What about you?

I hit one goal already: scored a goal at hockey on Sunday. Woot.

200lbs @ 10% BF

405DL
350 Highbar Squat
225 Bench
175 OHP

5km around 25mins

Come dead last in a powerlifting meet.

Currently at

150 kg Clean and Jerk
120 kg Snatch

225 kg Back Squat
200 kg Front Squat

Gained 25 kg in a span of a year on the oly movements. It would be nice to gain another 25 or maybe 30 this year.

Come dead last in a powerlifting meet.

I'm glad you put this out there. Self-consciousness is the first thing many people have to defeat!

My first meet I came in second-to-last, and I placed that high only because a guy who was obviously stronger than me bombed out. It was still one of the best experiences I've ever had. We have some really strong guys in our region so I don't expect to ever win. But (secretly, or maybe not so secretly) I hope to stand on the podium this year. Either way, as long as I'm getting PR's, it's awesome.

10th place out of ten lifters in a powerlifting competition still probably puts you in the top 5% of strong people anywhere else you go.

Did you get a trophy for coming in first place in the "Those who Come in 10th Place" category?

Did you get a trophy for coming in first place in the "Those who Come in 10th Place" category?

If I recall correctly, I got a 1038 total along with pulling a 15-lb deadlift PR, so my placement didn't hurt my feelings. Plus everyone there was nice to me. And there was room for improvement.

If I recall correctly, I got a 1038 total along with pulling a 15-lb deadlift PR, so my placement didn't hurt my feelings. Plus everyone there was nice to me. And there was room for improvement.
PL meets are good for that. I actually love the atmosphere.

Squat 375 (+40lbs)
Bench 230 (+20lbs)
Deadlift 450 (+45lbs)

Really hunting for a 2.5x bw squat and 3x bw deadlift, also at least a 1.5x bw bench but I should have hit that a while ago. Biggest goal should probably be to just stay consistent and not end up taking random months off, if I can do that I'm pretty confident I can hit the above numbers.

I'm glad you put this out there. Self-consciousness is the first thing many people have to defeat!

My first meet I came in second-to-last, and I placed that high only because a guy who was obviously stronger than me bombed out. It was still one of the best experiences I've ever had. We have some really strong guys in our region so I don't expect to ever win. But (secretly, or maybe not so secretly) I hope to stand on the podium this year. Either way, as long as I'm getting PR's, it's awesome.

10th place out of ten lifters in a powerlifting competition still probably puts you in the top 5% of strong people anywhere else you go.

I've considered entering a powerlifting meet just for the experience and to say I've done it. Under no illusions that I would be competitive. Also I would have to check on weight classes. Do they do day before weigh ins or day of?

Also thought about entering a strongman meet in one of the under 180 lbs if they have it.

I've considered entering a powerlifting meet just for the experience and to say I've done it. Under no illusions that I would be competitive. Also I would have to check on weight classes. Do they do day before weigh ins or day of?

Also thought about entering a strongman meet in one of the under 180 lbs if they have it.

If you've never done a meet before I wouldn't worry about your weight class. Just worry about not bombing out and having fun.

If you've never done a meet before I wouldn't worry about your weight class. Just worry about not bombing out and having fun.

I was mostly referring that I don't even know what weight class I'm in or what the weight classes are in general. I've cut weight before for other sports so a little cutting isn't a big deal.

The ones I've done, you weigh in about two hours before you lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back