2020 Prospect watch thread

Yep but iam pretty sure guy which scored for Štrbák was Hudák and iam sure they are friends and probably sparing partners :D scoring in Oktagon sometimes sucks Mazuch-Kusters , Petrášek- Christensen btw Klein want straight into UFC and he is already in contact with UFC he wants to be first Slovakian fighter in UFC ever

He could maybe do okay in the UFC, I'm just not sure he's quite ready yet. Depends who they book him against. There's a lot of lower ranked guys like Barzola, Glenn, Fishgold, Tucker etc who might be able to put him on his back and do much more with it than Sajewski did.I definitely think he will be of the level one day though, FW is just a shark tank, even when it comes to Europeans who aren't even in the UFC yet like Parnasse and Gamrot.

So this weekend we seem to have.

ACA 104

Mansur Khatuev (24, 8-0) Vs Azamat Kerefov (12-0) - FLW title
Bibert Tumenov (22, 7-1) Vs Kyle Reyes (15-6) - FLW

Bellator 239

Yaroslav Amosov - (26, 22-0) Vs Ed Ruth - (29, 8-1) WW
Tyrell Fortune - (29, 8-0) Vs Timothy Johnson (12-6) HW
Lucas Brenan - (19, 2-0) Vs Jamese Taylor III (0-1) FW
Christian Edwards (21, 2-0) Vs Marco Hutch (3-2) LHW
Kyle Crutchmer (26, 5-0) Vs Scott Futtrell (11-9) 175lbs

Combate 55
Rafa Garcia (25, 11-0) Vs Humberto Bandenay (25, 18-7) LW title

LFA 82
Alex Polizzi (28, 5-0) Vs Jamal Pogues (24, 7-2 LHW title

Rizin 21
Mikuru Asakura (27, 12-1) Vs Daniel Salas (16-6-1) - 150lbs
Naoki Inoue (22, 12-2) Vs Trent Girdham (22, 12-3) - BW

Any other hot prospect fights I'm missing?

David Hošek (4-1-1) in my eyes he should be (6-0) draw and lose by decision failure by refs ..

his hooks - deadly weapons

Motaz Askar

He is 2-0 pro, 7-0 amateur... I interviewed him 4 times, a very friendly guy.

Alex Polizzi looks legit to me, very strong wrestler, wore Pogues down and tired him out and seems to have a nasty streak which will help.

I can see him doing well in the UFC in the near future.

Rafa Garcia I'm not too sure about, looks quite meat and potatoes, but did enough to beat Bandenay, who doesn't seem to have developed much from his style of get taken down a lot and throw flying knees a lot from the last time I saw him. At 12-0 and with a built in Mexican fanbase, I can see him getting the call soon, though.

Crutchmer won again. So did Chris Gonzales. In LFA, Alex Polizzi won and Thomas Petersen also won.

Ruth lost. Ruth is a weird case. He's a very defensive wrestler, not a great boxer, and his fight IQ isn't incredibly high. He can still become a good fighter but he has to change a lot to become elite.

Motaz Askar, he has 2-0 pro, 7-0 amateur, here are his highlights against Nick Friedrich (pro debut)... the guy is a future UFC name.

Crutchmer won again. So did Chris Gonzales. In LFA, Alex Polizzi won and Thomas Petersen also won.

Ruth lost. Ruth is a weird case. He's a very defensive wrestler, not a great boxer, and his fight IQ isn't incredibly high. He can still become a good fighter but he has to change a lot to become elite.

Did you catch the Polizzi fight? I think he looks a potential monster. Pogues is a very legit opponent who I thought should have got a contract on the last contender series and he wore him down and beat him up.

Certainly the prospect who impressed me the most over the weekend.

Crutchmers sub was nice too, he says he wants Danis next, but I think Danis will be protected from him.

I am not as impressed with the Russian or Dagestan Fighters outside of Khabib. They never seem to put it together as well as he does, but they all fight similar without fighting like him. It’s either wild spinning strikes or a pressure heavy top game that never completely gets the job done. With Khabib he keeps the standing up basic and just makes people drown whilst causing damage.

I have no prospects to add as the guys I would of put forward all just got signed across to the ufc over the last year across the recent Australia cards. There are some good am fighters coming out of Melbourne soon, but they are a few years off the higher levels still.

Did you catch the Polizzi fight? I think he looks a potential monster. Pogues is a very legit opponent who I thought should have got a contract on the last contender series and he wore him down and beat him up.

Certainly the prospect who impressed me the most over the weekend.

Crutchmers sub was nice too, he says he wants Danis next, but I think Danis will be protected from him.
I have mixed feelings about Polizzi. He's a physical monster. He can absolutely throw people around, ubelievably powerful. But from what I've seen, he has a bit of a Ben Askren vibe. He is not a bad striker. He is an atrocious and clumsy striker. Now, I love fighters like this. I love wrestler-fucker type fighters. But I don't know if he will translate his style to the next level. I hope it will. I root for him. But while LHW isn't as strong at wrestling as it used to be, at the highest level, if guys know that they cannot lose to you on the feet, they'll never let you take them down. I want to see him in the UFC, but I'm undecided as to how high he can go.

Danis will probably be protected yes. The worry with Crutchmer against Danis is that he will try to do what Ben Askren did vs. Demian Maia rather than what Mark Munoz did vs. Demian Maia. Wrestlers often get baited into trying to grapple with sub artists, Crutchmer has to avoid that. If the takedown is there, slam him, punch him in the face, and let him stand back up. Crutchmer is a talented fighter though, in the long run I'm very excited about his potential.

Just thought it might be interesting to talk about upcoming prospects and post fight videos where we can for prospects coming up outside the major promotions.

Spoiler below

Usman Nurmagomedov moved to 9-0 with this win. Didn't look great in the first round imo, but really turned it up once it hit the second round for the stoppage. Doesn't look quite ready to follow his brother Umar to the UFC yet, but keeps making progress. Amusingly weird camera cut to show Khabib's face during a key part of the fight.

Are you trolling me? "Usman Nurmagomedov"

Literally two champs in one? Come on, man.

I have mixed feelings about Polizzi. He's a physical monster. He can absolutely throw people around, ubelievably powerful. But from what I've seen, he has a bit of a Ben Askren vibe. He is not a bad striker. He is an atrocious and clumsy striker. Now, I love fighters like this. I love wrestler-fucker type fighters. But I don't know if he will translate his style to the next level. I hope it will. I root for him. But while LHW isn't as strong at wrestling as it used to be, at the highest level, if guys know that they cannot lose to you on the feet, they'll never let you take them down. I want to see him in the UFC, but I'm undecided as to how high he can go.

Danis will probably be protected yes. The worry with Crutchmer against Danis is that he will try to do what Ben Askren did vs. Demian Maia rather than what Mark Munoz did vs. Demian Maia. Wrestlers often get baited into trying to grapple with sub artists, Crutchmer has to avoid that. If the takedown is there, slam him, punch him in the face, and let him stand back up. Crutchmer is a talented fighter though, in the long run I'm very excited about his potential.

Yeah, when I think about it Polizzi reminds a little bit of Ion Cutelaba. I have no doubt that he can hang in the UFC, but whether he can move to future ranked fighter/contender status depends on his development of other areas of his game.

I do like his nasty streak though, the way he almost did a jumping reverse tombstone on Pogues was nuts. I wouldn't want to fight him to the death.

Good knockout, I was a little bit worried by how long he was on his back against Sajewski though, I think a year in ACA to face some more wrestling would do him some good before being ready for the UFC.
Rumors say that Lajoš Klein should be starting on UFC London in march so i hope its going to be truth

Starting to gain an interest in Mairon Santos. This kid is a LW, who's 19 and 10-0 and he fought 9 times in 2019.

Here's the finish to his fight at the weekend against Ronio Junior who was 8-1 going in.

Kyle Crutchmer needs a step up in competiton already, he has needs to face someone who is experienced and can hang with him with his wrestling. Same goes with Logan Storley.

Starting to gain an interest in Mairon Santos. This kid is a LW, who's 19 and 10-0 and he fought 9 times in 2019.

Here's the finish to his fight at the weekend against Ronio Junior who was 8-1 going in.

What is stopping a promotion, like the UFC, Bellator, or the PFL to sign young talented guys like him? I dont understand why they sign some bums but wait on talents like this.

What is stopping a promotion, like the UFC, Bellator, or the PFL to sign young talented guys like him? I dont understand why they sign some bums but wait on talents like this.

He's had one fight in ARES, it might be that UFC have made him aware that they know about him and just to build up some experience first. 19 is awfully young to come into the UFC.

Austin Vanderford, aka “mr. VanZant” has really impressed me since joining Bellator. He’s fought strong up and comers and hasn’t been given an easy path. I’m excited to see where his future in the 185lb division is

Austin Vanderford, aka “mr. VanZant” has really impressed me since joining Bellator. He’s fought strong up and comers and hasn’t been given an easy path. I’m excited to see where his future in the 185lb division is
A step up in competition would cement him as a legit contender. someone like mike shipman, alessio sakara, or pietro penini perhaps.

Last edited:
Back