2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

It makes sense. I’m sure he wants to spend the time she has left to be with her.
It does make sense. Otherwise he didn’t show any signs of slowing. The only other thing I could think of is the portal and NIL started wearing on old school guys like him. Its gotta be a pain in the ass for a college coach. You think you’ve got a solid squad then you look at a few of them the wrong way and they all transfer out.
It also makes sense for how different he acted all season long. After the Texas loss, I remember he said how special it was to be apart of big games like this. After Tennessee, taking the victory lap and waving to the student section. Never really firing up in general. He just sorta threw his arms up and said "touchdown" after the miracle play at Auburn. Just lots of little things that didn't seem like him, seems like he knew very early in the season that this was the last ride

Going to Bama makes the most sense for DeBoer. He can only do so much at Washington. For Bama hiring Lanning makes the most sense, but he’s got a pretty good gig at Oregon. Knight would probably back up the truck to keep him around. It’s kind of wild how many Oregon coaches leave, they’re an elite program with top tier facilities and seemingly endless resources. Plus I’d much rather live there than the south lmao.

So Sark and Lanning have already turned down the Bama job. Who next after Deboer if he does as well?

iuMcHD9.png

So Sark and Lanning have already turned down the Bama job. Who next after Deboer if he does as well?
DeBoer would end up like Harsin at Auburn. They have to understand the culture down here. It doesn’t matter how good of a coach they are, if they can’t relate to the people and players, they can’t build the chemistry it takes to be successful.

**eagerly awaiting egregious Klan references…

Looks like DeBoer will be the next Bama coach.

It's pretty much a given... from here on out the National Champion is either going to be from the SEC or Big 10
Possibly the ACC here and there. Clemson was super elite for a few years..their coach is just going to have to accept and use the transfer portal more (I don't like it either but no sense fighting it). I think the early Florida State team this year that beat LSU by 20+ points in the season opener was Top 4, too. But not with a 3rd string QB and surely not when 20-30 players sit out like they did against Georgia in the bowl game.

Back