***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

no, why do you say that?

he isn't getting the same touches so he's never getting in rhythm like he used to, but they're winning

Yeah, I checked his recent games. I guess he's just really off tonight. Looks horrible.

Glad Curry had a bit of a reduced workload tonight.

A truly MVP caliber season this year putting the team on his back with little to no help, especially from the referees.

Goodluck with that, Luka is averaging 35/9/9 and has a better record than the Warriors and can't really even get in the conversation.

It was the right call.

Nah, I disagree. There's a bit of an argument but there's a stronger case for a foul on Curry. I also think certain people would get that call every time.

Goodluck with that, Luka is averaging 35/9/9 and has a better record than the Warriors and can't really even get in the conversation.

I don't think Curry's actually in the conversation considering where the team is but there aren't many teams close to the playoffs where the number one guy has had such little help. He's averaging about 11 ppg higher than anyone else on the team and a lot of guys have missed a ton of games. Most teams have a solid second option whereas whenever things are tight, it's just get the ball to Curry and pray.

I also saw a stat that Curry's plus/minus has been hilariously dependent on certain players (Wiggins). The guy's putting a really bad team on his shoulders. It's a bit of a miracle they're even close to .500.

Luka definitely deserves to be higher than guys like Tatum though. With Kyrie back they should be able to move up a bit.

Nah, I disagree. There's a bit of an argument but there's a stronger case for a foul on Curry. I also think certain people would get that call every time.
He did get the call. Then the refs watched the replay. He did extend his leg. Right call.

He did get the call. Then the refs watched the replay. He did extend his leg. Right call.

The "call" is the final result. He didn't get the call.

If you disagree that's fine but it's pretty clear most people believe otherwise. The refs messed that one up.

I don't think Curry's actually in the conversation considering where the team is but there aren't many teams close to the playoffs where the number one guy has had such little help. He's averaging about 11 ppg higher than anyone else on the team and a lot of guys have missed a ton of games. Most teams have a solid second option whereas whenever things are tight, it's just get the ball to Curry and pray.

I also saw a stat that Curry's plus/minus has been hilariously dependent on certain players (Wiggins). The guy's putting a really bad team on his shoulders. It's a bit of a miracle they're even close to .500.

Luka definitely deserves to be higher than guys like Tatum though. With Kyrie back they should be able to move up a bit.

Oh I understand man, the Warriors have been a dumpster fire this season and Klay looks about to go full psychotic over the situation, however, the Mavs may have suffered the most injuries of any team this season. Luka has been playing with deep bench players for half the season. He averaged 35 a game for 2 months straight and was having to drop 40+ just to get 4 point wins. If you take Luka off the Mavs they are instantly down with the Spurs/Pistons this season.

Oh I understand man, the Warriors have been a dumpster fire this season and Klay looks about to go full psychotic over the situation, however, the Mavs may have suffered the most injuries of any team this season. Luka has been playing with deep bench players for half the season. He averaged 35 a game for 2 months straight and was having to drop 40+ just to get 4 point wins. If you take Luka off the Mavs they are instantly down with the Spurs/Pistons this season.

I think both teams are in the cellar without them but having Kyrie for about 30 games is pretty big. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and they both have decent second halves.

I think both teams are in the cellar without them but having Kyrie for about 30 games is pretty big. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and they both have decent second halves.

For sure, without fitp the Wario's would be completely in the basement. As far as the rest of the season, its already a wrap, probably. It took me a lot of years to come to grips with the reality that unless a team is the #1 or #2 seed their chances of winning a Ship is virtually zero. Even at #3 the odds are slim, very slim.

For sure, without fitp the Wario's would be completely in the basement. As far as the rest of the season, its already a wrap, probably. It took me a lot of years to come to grips with the reality that unless a team is the #1 or #2 seed their chances of winning a Ship is virtually zero. Even at #3 the odds are slim, very slim.
3rd seed has won 6 titles since 2002.

3rd seed has won 6 titles since 2002.

Yea but only like 8 in 77 years. So which trend is more likely to continue? Even if you include the 3 seed, 97% of all championships are won by a #1, 2, or 3 seed, which is why I said the season is already a wrap for most teams, my Mavs included.

Knicks have been on a roll lately with the moves they’ve made. Add this to another W, adding quality two bench guys that are good enough to be starters.

This is a W for the Mavs. Holmes is not good like I’ve said when he was added to the roster and Gafford is decent and should add good depth at center behind Lively.

The Grant Williams trade is a bad one IMO. It’s funny how bad he has been recently and he should have been utilized for his defense but giving up a 1st with him for PJ Washington? Meh. The Mavs don’t need more scoring, so adding Washington basically gives the Mavs a better scoring version of Grant and another DJJ.

I'm so pissed he ended up going for nothing. He'd have been sick on the Lakers, Wolves, or even the Pelicans.
I wonder why those teams didn’t try to get him if that’s all it required.

Back