***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Luka and Jokic don't rely on speed or athleticism to get their shots off. I mean, both are known for playing at their own speed and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Its all about technique and fundamentals with those guys.

You're right about that, but I feel they still need a base level of speed to be relevant on the floor.

He won’t generate shit when he starts being a can or missing 50 games again
idk about that, dude was top 10 in jersey sales while being a can and playing in a shithole like new orleans

Players with Zion's type of athleticism never age well. They should look to dumping him but since he plays for a shit tier franchise in a shit tier city. They'll most likely keep him and then regret it when he's always injured.

Last edited:
Luka and Jokic don't rely on speed or athleticism to get their shots off. I mean, both are known for playing at their own speed and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Its all about technique and fundamentals with those guys.
This. Case in point one of the greatest players and best PF of all time had a similar style. Duncan never relied on athleticism or quickness. Albeit he was a better defender than Jokic but the point still stands. Duncan had a very long career.

Also throw Dirk into that mix and it’s not an argument.

This. Case in point one of the greatest players and best PF of all time had a similar style. Duncan never relied on athleticism or quickness. Albeit he was a better defender than Jokic but the point still stands. Duncan had a very long career.

Also throw Dirk into that mix and it’s not an argument.
I don't disagree with his utilization of skills, but Tim Duncan coming out of college was recognized for his mobility and speed moving down court. He was bigger and faster than everyone else. Tim Duncan was athletic, he just used his strength and size to beat guys opposed to his quickness, which is also due to the style of play at the time. But Duncan could blend dudes and sink 15+ footers in college.

I don't disagree with his utilization of skills, but Tim Duncan coming out of college was recognized for his mobility and speed moving down court. He was bigger and faster than everyone else. Tim Duncan was athletic, he just used his strength and size to beat guys opposed to his quickness, which is also due to the style of play at the time. But Duncan could blend dudes and sink 15+ footers in college.
Agreed but I’m mostly referring to the 2nd half of his career when he didn’t have the athleticism anymore. He relied on his skill set to still flourish against a more athletic league, much like Joker and Luka are already doing.

All of the statues on the Legends Walk are that size.

I strongly doubt AI or anyone who actually knows that area wanted his statue to be bigger than everyone else's.

Agreed but I’m mostly referring to the 2nd half of his career when he didn’t have the athleticism anymore. He relied on his skill set to still flourish against a more athletic league, much like Joker and Luka are already doing.

I will say this though, despite Luka not being an "athletic" player, he does have enough shiftiness to get around guys and get going downhill. That may be more a result of his shot making and passing though. If you bite on his jab step or crossover then he will step back and get a bucket but if you don't bite on it then he will drive by you or pass the ball.

I will say this though, despite Luka not being an "athletic" player, he does have enough shiftiness to get around guys and get going downhill. That may be more a result of his shot making and passing though. If you bite on his jab step or crossover then he will step back and get a bucket but if you don't bite on it then he will drive by you or pass the ball.
Yeah but that shiftiness is more craftiness, size and technique rather than speed or athleticism. With that said, I do think he is fairly athletic, just not otherworldly like Ja, Zion, etc.

lmao @ that statue.
It looks like a slightly bigger toy army man.

images

Luka and Steph have this kind of thing on lock down.

Back