***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Loling @ the fan cam showing people hitting the thunder sticks or whatever the fuck they're called and that kids like 16 just starts jerking it super hard. The cameraman panicking was hilarious.

Theres no shame in losing to a 73 win team in 7 games. During the 90s the Bulls only beat 3 teams with a better record than them in the playoffs with the Suns being 5 games better. The Warriors were 18 games better than the Thunder. The best teams win not the best player thats why Russell has 11 rings.

Durant did do enough to will the Nets win in 2021 if not for his foot being big. That is the only chance prime Durant has been in that situation since 2016. The problem is Durant chose the Warriors in his prime tore his Achilles before leaving and by the time he got back to the Nets COVID was in full swing leading to the implosion of a Nets situation. His prime was eaten up by those 3 events. At this point hes slowly declining.

Him going to the Warriors and not having self awareness about how he would be viewed is on him. But the rest really isn't. People shit on him for trusting Kyrie but he made that decision before COVID and if not for that theres no reason to think that situation doesn't work. The Kyrie drama led Harden to leave. He couldn't even pick the Suns really because no one else had the draft capital .

11 WCF loses to NBA champ Mavs
12 Finals loses to NBA champs Heat
13 2R loses to Grizzlies without Westbrook
14 WCF loses to NBA champs Spurs
15 Doesn't play
16 WCF loses to 73-9 Warriors
17-19 On Warriors
20 Doesn't play because Achilles
21 Loses to NBA champs by the thinnest of margins with Kyrie and Harden gone for much of series
22 Gets swept by Eastern Champs they beat in 5 the year before after the whole Kyrie drama
23 Loses to NBA champs

Hes lost to 5 NBA champs, lost to the 73-9 Warriors had his star teammates injured in the playoffs twice, didn't play twice and had the whole Kyrie drama.

Durants only had the 1 seed twice when he wasn't with the Warriors. Jordan and LeBron had it 5 times. Kobe had it 5 times. Duncan had it 6 times. Russells Celtics had it for 8 of their 11 rings and every year before Russells last 4 seasons. Even without the injuries and COVID Durant has had it harder than almost any other star when he hasn't been on the Warriors. If people are going to criticize LeBron for the easy east half of that is giving credit to stars in the harder West.

My point was, all the Curry haters wanna put KD as the second best of this generation. I'm saying, Curry won more, he lead better and he got the better results.

Winning matters, otherwise Harden would be top ten based on his stats / records.

If KD wants to be higher, the Thunder should have beat the warriors in the finals. He shouldn't have got swept by the Celtics with the nets. And the toe on the line is straight excuse making.

I like Durant he's an efficient scorer, with the deepest bag at his height, he's all time. He's not a top ten player..

Either way I wouldn't waste your breathe too much.

My point was, all the Curry haters wanna put KD as the second best of this generation. I'm saying, Curry won more, he lead better and he got the better results.

Winning matters, otherwise Harden would be top ten based on his stats / records.

If KD wants to be higher, the Thunder should have beat the warriors in the finals. He shouldn't have got swept by the Celtics with the nets. And the toe on the line is straight excuse making.

I like Durant he's an efficient scorer, with the deepest bag at his height, he's all time. He's not a top ten player..

Either way I wouldn't waste your breathe too much.

Whose better shouldn't be determined by winning it should be determined by whose better this is a philosphical difference. By this logic Sam Jones is the best shooting guard of all time.

Whose better shouldn't be determined by winning it should be determined by whose better this is a philosphical difference. By this logic Sam Jones is the best shooting guard of all time.

Big distinction there, it matters when you're the best on the team.

To win championships, KD needed Curry more than Curry needed KD, the proof is in the pudding. It's just facts.

Either way I take no pleasure in shitting on KD, he's a better player skill and attributes wise. But the impact that Steph has had as a leader, and being the centrepiece for the GSW system, best shooter ever, contributed to winning more, so he's the better / greater player in my view.

History will agree with me, Curry will be hailed as greater.

To win championships, KD needed Curry more than Curry needed KD, the proof is in the pudding. It's just facts.

Either way I take no pleasure in shitting on KD, he's a better player skill and attributes wise. But the impact that Steph has had as a leader, and being the centrepiece for the GSW system, best shooter ever, contributed to winning more, so he's the better / greater player in my view.

Sam Jones led the team in scoring 5 years out of 6 from 63 to 68 and was 2nd by half a point the other year. You're confusing him with KC Jones who was on a benchwarmer.

Well if you're admitting that thats the best I can hope for I guess.

I think when trying to determine if one player is better than another, it has to be an accumulation of data such as winning, yes, but also statistics, analytics, accolades, eye test, etc. Only an accumulation of data gives a fairly clear picture.

The greatest will their team to victory at all costs and in the process get called a heartless psychopath by people that don't know any better.

Everyone else just isn't good enough, or they accept some level of failure and are content to point the finger at something or someone else.

My Prediction

Western Conference
OKC VS Pelicans 4-1
Clippers vs Mavs 2-4
Wolves vs Suns 3-4
Nuggets vs Lakers 4-0

Western Confernce Semi Finals
OKC vs Mavs 3-4
Suns vs Nuggets 2-4

Western Conference Final
Mavs vs Nuggets 2-4

Eastern Conference
Celtics vs Miami 4-0
Cavs vs Magic 4-1
Bucks vs Indiana 2-4
Knicks vs 76ers 4-3

Eastern Conference semi Final
Celtics vs Cavs 4-2
Pacers vs Knicks 4-3

Eastern Conference Final
Celtics vs Pacers 4-2

NBA Finals
Nuggets vs Celtics 4-3

Last edited:

Steph was never the best on his team. Lack of finals MVP's proves this. Also KD was finals MVP with ease on the best team in NBA history

Looking forward to the playoffs. My Warriors are gone so I don't have a dog in the race. I guess I'll go for the Mavs, I like Luka <Fedor23>

Steph was so much better he didnt win FMVP with KD on his squad :rolleyes:

He isnt better than KD
Stop deflecting. Look what you wrote in the beginning of the comment I replied to and try again. Also Parker won it one season while Timmy was the better player overall. Try again x2

Just goes to show how good the Lakers are compared to those shitty 9 and 10 seeds IMO. They beat the surging Pelicans. First round of the yoffs finna be lit. Not a single bad match up in the West.

Sabonis is undefeated against A.D.

Just be happy you got the favorable matchup while the Kings wound up with their worst.

Parker has 1 to Tim's 3

Steph was at no point in his career, better than KD. Just a fact of life.
Damn you’re slow today yikes. What part of beginning of your statement do you not understand? Still waiting for you to address it

And you never said anything about cumulative MVPs lmao. I brought up a relevant example where Parker won and was not the overall best player on his team, try again.

Damn you’re slow today yikes. What part of beginning of your statement do you not understand? Still waiting for you to address it

And you never said anything about cumulative MVPs lmao. I brought up a relevant example where Parker won and was not the overall best player on his team, try again.
You're slow every day bud, apparently you don't see the flaw in your take. If Tim Duncan and Tony won multiple championships together and Tim still won more FMVP, he's the better player. The fact that Steph has been a part of 4 and KD has won 2 of em in the tenure shows who's better. If anything, 1 in 4 for steph, would be the outlier, just like Parker's is the outlier.

Back