***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Kawhai looked slow and out of rythum in this game, Clippers didn't look great offensively.

Feel like the Clips are going to bring some fire to Dallas in the next game.. we better fasten our seat belts.

True but I could also say the Mavs average way more points than they scored tonight and will be at home, so hopefully the crowd energizes them. L.A. has been a very hostile environment the last 2 games.

True but I could also say the Mavs average way more points than they scored tonight and will be at home, so hopefully the crowd energizes them. L.A. has been a very hostile environment the last 2 games.
Just need to play with the same defensive effort they did tonight and the 2nd half of the last game and they will be fine

Suns absolutely had to win last night to head back home for a game with some energy, and instead decided to go for the horrific defensive collapse in the 4th period and looking like idiots strategy.

Bold move, I gotta admit.

Durant needs to be on a team that won 73 games the season before, or he just can’t win. Not a good look for the legacy.

Durant needs to be on a team that won 73 games the season before, or he just can’t win. Not a good look for the legacy.

His fans would hate this, but honestly his career without the warriors is Harden-esque. (Not as bad but you get what I mean).

He gets you a beautiful looking efficient 30 point game. But he can't be that x- factor that takes charge and wins games.

Suns absolutely had to win last night to head back home for a game with some energy, and instead decided to go for the horrific defensive collapse in the 4th period and looking like idiots strategy.

Bold move, I gotta admit.

If the T-Wolves sweep the Suns or beat them 4-1, I'm not convinced they can't cause a lot of headache for the Nuggets.

His fans would hate this, but honestly his career without the warriors is Harden-esque. (Not as bad but you get what I mean).

He gets you a beautiful looking efficient 30 point game. But he can't be that x- factor that takes charge and wins games.
I agree. Putting up numbers isn’t easy, but kicking into gear and winning and make those around you better is a thing.

I've watched Luka play hard on the defensive end all season and while sports media will feign shocked, I'm not.

It wasn’t all season but he’s been locked in when it matters most times so can’t fault him for trying

Pro wrestling is the only form of athletics and theater where the crowd is involved and performers can directly interact with them. If you started yelling at your TV screen during a movie you're an idiot. If you yell at a wrestler at a show he can respond. It's a form of entertainment thats way better live than anything you can watch at home.

Disrespecting pro wrestling when you watch something as fake as NBA basketball is laughable tbh

This past year I went to two local shows as the city I'm in has a big amateur wrestling org. Its camp as hell but hilarious. We had ring side seats for like $40 a pop and got bombed and just heckled and yelled shit constantly.

Had someone thrown out of the ring pretty much land on me and a buddy. Seeing it up close is unreal, the impacts etc are sick. I had more fun watching wrestling than attending a cRaps game.

It wasn’t all season but he’s been locked in when it matters most times so can’t fault him for trying

He's been doing more than "trying" but yea, I get it. The Flerps could not score on Luka last night, he had stops on Harden, PG13, and Klaw, multiple times including a blocked shot on Zubac at the rim.

A couple examples.

Clips are doomed. Doomed!

Luka is a 2 way player now.

Having said that, Clips looked lost with Kiwi back. They had no energy and ball movement sucked. Hoping Kiwi playing game 2 will payoff the rest of the series.

I like that the refs let them bang for the most part. Game was gritty and every shot meant more.

He's been doing more than "trying" but yea, I get it. The Flerps could not score on Luka last night, he had stops on Harden, PG13, and Klaw, multiple times including a blocked shot on Zubac at the rim.

A couple examples.

I’m speaking overall not just picking and choosing select games. Everyone knows he took plays off defensively when they went through rough stretches throughout the season. He’s been good so far this playoffs so I have nothing to complain about.

I’m speaking overall not just picking and choosing select games. Everyone knows he took plays off defensively when they went through rough stretches throughout the season. He’s been good so far this playoffs so I have nothing to complain about.

My only point being at some point this narrative that Luka is a liability on defense is going to have to go away. Its just not true anymore. Offensively, he's Godzilla, and defensively he has become serviceable, no, more than serviceable. On Undisputed this morning they said his defensive rating this season put him above 80% of the players in the NBA.

Timestamped, check that out for about 45 seconds.

Dallas key was using 2 bigs lively and maxi . zubac got shutdown and Clippers other bigs are a joke.

Kawhi didn’t look right and they better hope he still has same elite business left in him! or else he may need to take the flight to Germany for the legendary Kobe stem cell injection.

My only point being at some point this narrative that Luka is a liability on defense is going to have to go away. Its just not true anymore. Offensively, he's Godzilla, and defensively he has become serviceable, no, more than serviceable. On Undisputed this morning they said his defensive rating this season put him above 80% of the players in the NBA.

Timestamped, check that out for about 45 seconds.

I’m not disagreeing with that. The narrative has been this though because he hasn’t consistently done it until the 2nd half of this season mainly.

If you recall I also never said he was a horrible defender. It’s always been an effort thing with him and I said I don’t blame him for taking plays off on that side of the ball because he has to shoulder so much of the offensive load.

Back