***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Foul Merchant can't handle not having every call go his way. Worse than Lebron.

League will do nothing to him since he's a preferred player IMO.

That's way worse than what Zaza did to Kawhai (intentions wise) yet media / the league won't say shit about this because he's a preferred player, as you mentioned.

I actually feel like the Lakers could have won a series against some other team. They just had the misfortune of drawing a Nuggets team that should have been the #1 seed but fell to the #2 at the very end of the season.

This. The Lakers advantage is having size up front with LeBron and AD, but the Nuggets front court can cancel out the advantage that the Lakers have so now you have to go down the roster and with D'Lo and Rui not playing consistent what do you expect?

Forget winning the series now it's time for the Lakers to wonder if LeBron will pick up his player option in the offseason.

I want to take this moment to thank @Kowboy On Sherdog without you this would have never been possible you never miss to miss and for that i want to thank you and declare you a honorary nugget.

great team effort by the Nuggs.
We're winning the next 4 and then the league...

This. The Lakers advantage is having size up front with LeBron and AD, but the Nuggets front court can cancel out the advantage that the Lakers have so now you have to go down the roster and with D'Lo and Rui not playing consistent what do you expect?

Forget winning the series now it's time for the Lakers to wonder if LeBron will pick up his player option in the offseason.

LeRoid is caught up in a weird situation where he wants to play with his son so his decision about that has already been made probably. Not sure how he makes it to the exact team that drafts Bronny, what if the team that drafts Bronny says no we don't want you coming? So I suspect, somehow, this stuff must be worked out ahead of time, which would be highly unethical.

LeRoid is caught up in a weird situation where he wants to play with his son so his decision about that has already been made probably. Not sure how he makes it to the exact team that drafts Bronny, what if the team that drafts Bronny says no we don't want you coming? So I suspect, somehow, this stuff must be worked out ahead of time, which would be highly unethical.

I'm not against him wanting to play with his son. That's whatever considering he's almost near the end of his career. The bigger issue is the Lakers themselves. The Pelicans own their first round picks for next season and I think they have a hard cap.

I'm not against him wanting to play with his son. That's whatever considering he's almost near the end of his career. The bigger issue is the Lakers themselves. The Pelicans own their first round picks for next season and I think they have a hard cap.

Having LeBald on a team means draining all resources. I just don't see how he lands on the same team as his son. I guess he could be a free agent and play for vet minimum or some shit.

Having LeBald on a team means draining all resources. I just don't see how he lands on the same team as his son. I guess he could be a free agent and play for vet minimum or some shit.
His son is expected to transfer to Duquesne. He’s not turning pro.

Was bagging Embid b4, didn't realise that he had that face paralysis thing.

That'd be rough, can understand if he was out of sorts. Hope he's ok.

The biggest LeBron and Lakers fan boy has to accept reality.

But this should have been expected, right after the new rules came down? For years teams front loaded their roster and it worked. You spend and you hopefully get chips, but now that the new rules are coming down teams can't spend like they used to so now you have teams like the Lakers, Golden State and the Suns. Front loaded with no depth.

Unless Darvin Ham pulls off the impossible which is winning from a 3-0 deficit I see LA moving on from him at the end of next season.

Was bagging Embid b4, didn't realise that he had that face paralysis thing.

That'd be rough, can understand if he was out of sorts. Hope he's ok.
When I got this there was zero discomfort, no physical effects other than half my face not moving...only reason I knew something was up is starting to drool out of the side of my mouth that stopped working. The only thing this effects is Embiid's ability to fish for yet more sympathy IMHO. With the way the NBA has established the state of foul calls being completely arbitrary at this point (supposed sea change :rolleyes:) Embiid might actually effectively whine his way to some playoff success for a change.

It's almost unfathomable how much better Gordon has gotten as a player in the last few years. I know Jokic is making everything easier on everyone, but that guy used to just be an athletic freak. After all those leg injuries, he's adjusted his game well.

Gordon actually wanted to prove to folks he's versatile and could be a three point shooter. He even talked about entering into the all star game three point contest. Then I think Jokic basically told him to stop being a fool and stick to his specialty of dominating at the rim, and his FG% basically went 100 points above his career average. Anyhow, he apparently had a great game today, but his value will always be his defense because it balances out Denver so much better. He's one of those players that is invaluable to Denver given their current starting roster, but would have like half the value to any other team.

Free throws look balanced. Is their friendly-rigged going on?

Sometimes rigged can be as simple as two soft fouls on a star in the first few minutes of a game. Rigged can be hard to see in the stat sheet or box score sometimes.

My favorite is the defensive C getting a soft "moving screen" and a vertical contest and sitting the first Q.

Back