***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

The conversation the media is having around Jokic winning the MVP, just feels kinda racist.

They just don't want him to win, just cause. I haven't seen any major media persona have one positive thing to say about it..

And I'm not talking racism against a white guy, it's Americans just not liking having some supposedly strange / awkward Eastern European guy in the spotlight, as the best guy. It just makes them uncomfortable.

The idea that Shae was robbed, is a huge joke (many are saying this). Thunder and Nuggets records were equal, and Jokic's stats and efficiency are better. You can make an argument for Shae, but claiming it's an injustice is just being dishonest and manipulative.

The MVP hasn't been celebrated anywhere, it's been universal disappointment or shrugs all round.

Last edited:
Man am I relieved after that game.

After game 1, it felt like Thunder had our number. Now we know that we are in with a real chance to win this series.

If Luka was 100% they would kill this young OKC squad. Mavs might get it done anyway. At least this series gave us this, which will live on as a meme.

The conversation the media is having around Jokic winning the MVP, just feels kinda racist.

They just don't want him to win, just cause. I haven't seen any major media persona have one positive thing to say about it..

And I'm not talking racism against a white guy, it's Americans just not liking having some supposedly strange / awkward Eastern European guy in the spotlight, as the best guy. It just makes them uncomfortable.

The idea that Shae was robbed, is a huge joke (many are saying this). Thunder and Nuggets records were equal, and Jokic's stats and efficiency are better. You can make an argument for Shae, but claiming it's an injustice is just being dishonest and manipulative.

The MVP hasn't been celebrated anywhere, it's been universal disappointment or shrugs all round.

This is the real injustice right here, Luka being 3rd in the MVP voting is lewd.

If you click the tweet and take a full look at that, its one of the greatest individual seasons ever played.

This is the real injustice right here, Luka being 3rd in the MVP voting is lewd.

If you click the tweet and take a full look at that, its one of the greatest individual seasons ever played.

When it's broken down like that, that's an insane season.

Statistically one of the best seasons ever..

I think I saw Shaq give him his props.

My opinion is that mvp race was between Luka and Jokic. SGA was hurt at the end of the season and he fell down a bit in form. Jokic played on his usual high level and Luka played like madman. Shaq is pretty dumb for some things. Even if you give him reason why his take is dumb, he still cant comprehend it. Why do media people shit on Jokic? Because it is low risk shit talk. He is lowkey guy, doesnt care about media buzz, plays for small market team, doesnt have large fan base. NBA media did similar to guys like Dirk, Nash, Duncan...

Jokic averaged 26.4,12.4, 9.0 on 58.3% shooting. The only reason he isn't setting statistical records is because he's the only person to put up those kinds of numbers (let's be honest though, everyone's offensive numbers are highly inflated these days). The Nuggets finished tied for the best record in the West even though Murray missed 23 games. He led the league in virtually every relevant advanced stat which corroborates the eye test if people objectively watch games.

To pretend like Jokic didn't deserve it is nonsense. SGA and Luka were reasonable choices but no one was robbed.

By nature though, it's an award that will generate controversy. It's always been humorous to watch.

When it's broken down like that, that's an insane season.

Statistically one of the best seasons ever..

I mean fine, they gave it to Jokic who is an incredible anomaly of a player, but damn, voters had Luka 3rd in the voting? People will look back at this season and see Luka had an absurd season, one of the best ever.

lol there’s absolutely a racial aspect to it. All these explosive dudes are punching air inside seeing a flabby white euro win multiple mvps.

Lmao @ Luka being robbed. He spent more than half the year leading his team to a play in game right before they went on a nice run to end the season facing can teams to grab the 5th seed.

So the WNBA is "rewarding" Toronto with a new team , amazing that there is now a basketball team in Toronto that the media will give less a shit about than the Craptors
I probably would’ve supported the Craps, but I can’t support a team so closely tied to that dude Drake.

Lmao @ Luka being robbed. He spent more than half the year leading his team to a play in game right before they went on a nice run to end the season facing can teams to grab the 5th seed.

OGC.67e69fdbcd397890a8cc06ac725da0e9

MVP has been a sham award forever, all individual awards are a sham

MVP has always been a joke and then they turned all awards into the biggest shams in the history of pro sports in 1988

Winning an award in the NBA is like winning a European title during the attitude era. It guarantees you some TV time and thats it.

MVP has been a sham award forever, all individual awards are a sham

MVP has always been a joke and then they turned all awards into the biggest shams in the history of pro sports in 1988

Winning an award in the NBA is like winning a European title during the attitude era. It guarantees you some TV time and thats it.

lol at this European title slander. Put some respect on goats like Val Venis and X-pac

It’s so irritating to see everyone nuthugging SGA bringing up that he had the most 30 point games this season like it’s more impressive than Luka with the most 35, 40, 45 point games and 30 point triple doubles.

Back