2v1 Asian boxer vs 2 street fighters

Are they fighters or are they just dudes?
Tired of videos calling jackasses with no training street fighters.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...n-supposedly-defeat-all-martial-arts.2740925/ post 1 and post 5 of this old thread solve this quite nicely.

I have seen this and heard this for a long time, especially regarding any martial art other than "MMA".......but who are these mythical "street fighters" roaming around our cities, encountering traditional martial artists and sport jiu-jitsu guys and defeating their arts and showing the world how ineffective they are?

"That wont work in the street".
"A street fighter would just punch you".
"A street fighter doesnt' have your rules".

WHO are these mythical fighting phenoms wiping the pavement with BJJ black belts and karate experts?

Because in my experience, most people getting into street fights are:
A) Drunk rednecks who have never trained
B) Drunk frat boys who THINK they have trained (Xbox Kinect UFC trainer!)
C) Petty criminals who cant control their temper, but are out of shape and have also never trained

I love the videos of cops getting into "street fights" with these mythical fighting legends. Most cops have very little hand-to-hand training compared to a martial artist (its true, they don't do a lot of hands on training). And 99% of the time, the cops handle these "street fighters" fairly easily.

I think sometimes, when people say "That wouldn't work in the street", well, yeah, if they fought a combat Navy SEAL in the street, or fought Tito Ortiz at a bar, then yeah, maybe a TMA or sport jiujitsu move may fail.

But 99% of the time...the "street fighter" is some drunk untrained redneck who is out of shape. So...the technique probably will work, and the basic white belt level techniques are probably all you'll need most times haha.

They're non existent strawmen to create arguments and strife out of nothing, and dismiss trained fighters. Most street fights are unskilled idiots throwing wildly and generally the stronger guy wins, or the first one to land a lucky punch.

Videos like this are just a waste of time

To treat this even halfway seriously - anyone who claims that they can consistently beat 2 halfway decent opponents at once is full of it. Even 2 novices is difficult.

He's got bad strategic technique on handling multiple assailants. First mistake is positioning himself between the two of them. Basically gave away the game from the jump. Multiple attackers is about footwork and positioning.

Moving until you can stack them, basically get them in a line. That way you're only facing one at a time and the guy in the back has to take the time to get around the guy in the front. Get in a quick strike and re-position. Easy to type, extremely difficult to do, especially in a place that wide open.

To treat this even halfway seriously - anyone who claims that they can consistently beat 2 halfway decent opponents at once is full of it. Even 2 novices is difficult.

He's got bad strategic technique on handling multiple assailants. First mistake is positioning himself between the two of them. Basically gave away the game from the jump. Multiple attackers is about footwork and positioning.

Moving until you can stack them, basically get them in a line. That way you're only facing one at a time and the guy in the back has to take the time to get around the guy in the front. Get in a quick strike and re-position. Easy to type, extremely difficult to do, especially in a place that wide open.
stance switching also becomes really important. You rush one guy and throw punches at him. His buddy comes up behind you so you turn your hips but keep your feet roughly the same. This effectively switches you to southpaw but cuts down on the time it takes to be in a good stance significantly

Either the asian guy has no power or he is going light. Looks like he is going light.

Reminds me of what we used to do after hockey practice as teenagers. We used hockey gloves though. lol

Walking home from the clubs one night me and 2 friend were accosted by an angry man who had 5 friends across the road from us. I got a bit cheeky and he smacked me with a straight right to the face, I kind of flopped over to the fence (I was drunk as shit and in no way shape or form ready to fight) My friend grabbed him and started throwing punch after punch to his face and basically holding the dude up by his shirt. Our third friend turned into a Delorean and all we saw was the fire trails up the street from him running away at full speed.
The 5 other guys from across the street came running across and my friend goes "Run Woldog (not my real name)" I proceeded to stumble off up the street at a snail pace while my friend duked it out with the 6 of them. My friend dropped two of them before I saw him booking it past me. We ran and hid in an alley way and the guys all ran past us.
My mate had a torn shirt and a scratch on his neck, but the 6 of them had come of far worse (I had some of them on facebook so I saw the aftermath).
My mate had not done boxing, I'm not sure he had ever been in any real fights before and yet he dropped 3 people in a 6 v 2 scenario and came out pretty much fine. Whereas me who had been fighting since I was 12 got hit once and did absolutely nothing to contribute. In my defence I could barely walk I was so drunk.
It's always been my belief that in the streets whoever is more aggressive will win most fights.

Kid is fast. Needs to work his power though. Good amateur style boxing. Reminds me a lot of a boxer I used to spar

Here is that legendary clip of the unknown Turkish boxer who takes on a whole string of assailants in the street and he uses much of the same approach as you described.

Walking home from the clubs one night me and 2 friend were accosted by an angry man who had 5 friends across the road from us. I got a bit cheeky and he smacked me with a straight right to the face, I kind of flopped over to the fence (I was drunk as shit and in no way shape or form ready to fight) My friend grabbed him and started throwing punch after punch to his face and basically holding the dude up by his shirt. Our third friend turned into a Delorean and all we saw was the fire trails up the street from him running away at full speed.
The 5 other guys from across the street came running across and my friend goes "Run Woldog (not my real name)" I proceeded to stumble off up the street at a snail pace while my friend duked it out with the 6 of them. My friend dropped two of them before I saw him booking it past me. We ran and hid in an alley way and the guys all ran past us.
My mate had a torn shirt and a scratch on his neck, but the 6 of them had come of far worse (I had some of them on facebook so I saw the aftermath).
My mate had not done boxing, I'm not sure he had ever been in any real fights before and yet he dropped 3 people in a 6 v 2 scenario and came out pretty much fine. Whereas me who had been fighting since I was 12 got hit once and did absolutely nothing to contribute. In my defence I could barely walk I was so drunk.
It's always been my belief that in the streets whoever is more aggressive will win most fights.
Haha. Yep.

That asian boxer is named remoo aka lil cra cra. He's an up and comer. He holds underground fights in Syracuse NY every now and then. I met him when once in queens. When he was training with my boy queen vibe and shit.

Back