32 y/o and weight gain

JabToucher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been at about give or take 12.3 stone for the last few years.

But I am now 13 stone.

I don't do as much cardio as I once did, but I do incorporate more lifting. I sure don't lift/diet as a body builder would do though.

That basically means when I don't have time for a run I deadlift & shoulder press once/twice a week.

Would the weight gain be down to my metabolism with age? I really don't look much more overweight than i did ten years ago but the scales tell differently.

Kind regards.

the scale tells you a number and your self perception is subjective thing. i am 38 and i didn't gain or lose weight without changes in diet and/or activity level. maybe you gained visceral fat or some muscle or both? slow metabolism of age is a byproduct of just getting more sedentary. if you live slow you will become slow. i bet the whole testosterone drop thing is in the same ballpark. and it's a lucrative discovery, too.

the scale tells you a number and your self perception is subjective thing. i am 38 and i didn't gain or lose weight without changes in diet and/or activity level. maybe you gained visceral fat or some muscle or both? slow metabolism of age is a byproduct of just getting more sedentary. if you live slow you will become slow. i bet the whole testosterone drop thing is in the same ballpark. and it's a lucrative discovery, too.
Thank you!

I am aware already I have far from high T levels. But that's another thread in its self!

I carry weight in m chest & stomach.

I have been looking at products for pseudo gynaecomastia such as Gynexin & Gynexeroll but have yet to try them.

I currently take DIM anyway.

Hello,
I've been at about give or take 12.3 stone for the last few years.

But I am now 13 stone.

I don't do as much cardio as I once did, but I do incorporate more lifting. I sure don't lift/diet as a body builder would do though.

That basically means when I don't have time for a run I deadlift & shoulder press once/twice a week.

Would the weight gain be down to my metabolism with age? I really don't look much more overweight than i did ten years ago but the scales tell differently.

Kind regards.

10 lbs really isn't that much and could be the difference between going to bed after Thai takeout and being dehydrated after a tough workout. That said, deadlifts and squats in particular will make you gain muscle.

But easiest solution if you're worried about fat gain is get a bodyfat scale. They're very cheap these days probably around 30 quid in the UK. They won't be as accurate as something administered by a professional (water displacement is the best), but they will establish a consistent benchmark to track your bf% over time. I've been using one a few times/week for 10+ years now and it correctly shows a few % higher when I've been slacking on the weights or cardio.

Back