A fair bit, mostly heard for me though. Some feels, brushes and such. Haunted house with two different things, the upstairs tormented my bro, mom and her bf, would shake beds and rip blankets off mainly. I remember my brothers screams well. I was down in the basement and something more subtle was there. I clearly remember one night waking and looking away from the most soothing and peaceful voice saying its going to be ok, gently stroking the back of my head. I lay for a while, turning to see nothing when it stopped. After that I wasnt afraid of the long dark hallway to the bathroom.

One dream that felt like something else was in it, indistinguishable from the consensus heality. Cliche but it was a black eyed child and Im not lying and I hadnt known of them at the time, unless seeing cover art for Children of Corn or something. Conceptually it was foreign to me, and they have huge, gross fang filled mouths for anyone thats curious. That dream was about fifteen years ago now but still remembered.

Also seen a floating shadow in the middle of pure sunny day, go all the way across my backyard. The best way to describe how it looked was black ball lightning. Moved slow too, watched it for thirty seconds before it disappeared. It wasnt on the ground. Stone sober.

Have to add I have no idea what any of it was. For all I know its a glitch in my perception. Maybe spacetime anomalies. We know so little. Weird thing about haunted house is we didnt talk about it for years after moving, then every once in a while to this day, one of us will ask the other if they remember the haunted house. Like any of us are really going to forget.

Last edited:
I get sleep paralysis every now and then which feels like a sinister ghost encounter. Some say it is actual demonic possession and others who've experienced it have seen shadow people if they open their eyes.

Not really but ive had like 3 or 4 wtf moments of strange life...got cold called by a band to play drums for them. One of my favorite bands and they were not from my city and i didnt know them at all. Got called while i was listening to them. Ran into a childhood friend the day after dreamimg about them, while living not in my home town, he just happened to be there. Had a dream a friend died. Called him he said he was fine. Looked online and it said dreaming a friends death meant they were getting married. Called friend back...he had just got engaged. Stuff like that.

Not paranormal per say. Hey I have had a couple instances of weird deja vu that freaked me out.

No, but a very common thing that happens to me maybe 2-3 times every few months....

I've got almost a photographic memory for faces.

I'll be walking through town/city centre, I'll turn a corner and someone will walk past me / jog past me who looks like X (some random bloke from school that I haven't seen or thought about for decades).

I'll round another corner, and lo and behold, X himself will be heading towards me. It's happened way too many times to be a coincidence, but I have no fucking idea what it means.

I've attended one of those séance, spiritual days where they ask has anyone if they've ever felt a ghost. Most put their hands up.

Then if they've ever seen a ghost. About half like me had their hands up.

Then the host asked if anyone had ever had sex with a ghost. I was the only one with their hand up. He started to ask all kinds of questions.

Anyway, it turns out ghost and goat sound very similar.
:D

Yeah, I have. Not sure if they're 'ghosts' per se but certainly not normal. The most beautiful orbs in Bisham Abbey which are normally only caught on digital camera, and the most excruciating hot cheeks in a room I later found out there had been a fire, another guy felt it at the same time.

Nope. I've never experienced anything remotely paranormal. And I used to belong to a paranormal investigators club in college that frequently visited places that were supposedly haunted throughout the Buffalo, NY area. And I never witnessed a single thing that couldn't be rationally explained.

So, yeah. I'm a skeptic. I don't believe in anything supernatural. If it can't be scientifically proven then it doesn't exist in my book. But I don't ridicule those who choose to believe in the paranormal just like I don't ridicule those who are religious. If they're able to suspend their disbelief in order to find faith in an all-powerful invisible being & they find comfort in that then good for them. Just don't make a nuisance of yourself while trying to convince me of your beliefs & I won't try to convince you of mine. I believe in peaceful coexistence & mutual respect.

And while I don't believe in the supernatural, I do happen to believe in the possibility of UFOs & extraterrestrial life. I think that it's more than a bit ignorant to believe that we're the only advanced, intelligent lifeforms in the universe.

if it has to be proven by science in a lab under controlled conditions in order to believe it exists then that is not operating on necessary scientific premises. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. think of all the things we have discovered that took patience and dedications and years upon years of investigation and experimentation and oftentimes dare i say -- faith to get there.

Last edited:
Pretty much its pointless to argue with people that have never seen anything paranormal because they dont really get it. My friend I mentioned earlier didn’t really believe in UFOs always thought it was dumb fake stuff, then he saw one and believes in them. Funny how fast ones opinion changes when you actually see something. Same thing happens with ghost, you don’t really believe until you see one.

Its better to keep an open mind, makes it less shocking when it does happen. Share your stories btw

share your stories

what i don't get is the total lack of faith in humanity that leads one to never be able take a persons word for something, even someone you know and trust,unless the religion of scientism has officially canonized its existence.

my whole life would be impossible and the beauty of it undiscovered were i to practice this peculiar form of scientism.

if it has to be proven by science in a lab under controlled conditions in order for you to believe it exists then you are not operating on scientific premises. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. think of all the things we have discovered that took patience and dedications and years upon years of investigation and experimentation and oftentimes dare i say -- faith to get there.

"Ghosts" have been around for millennia and still not any legitimate evidence to substantiate their existence. Humans and death combine to form some very crazy beliefs.

"Ghosts" have been around for millennia and still not any legitimate evidence to substantiate their existence. Humans and death combine to form some very crazy beliefs.

ghosts have been around since the beginning of time and science has not made the sufficient discoveries or created the branches of scientific discipline and investigation necessary to measure them yet (maybe we never will).

it takes a tremendously unwarranted leap of pure faith in science to think that our present level of development encapsulates, understands and measures all of human experience and existence.

Last edited:
Not me personally but i'm aware of people who are more "spiritually sensitive".

I've mentioned it in a thread that was here years ago, my best friend and I got into some occult stuff way back when we were teenagers. The mid-90s. Both of us suffered for a couple of years afterward. No sleep, visions of things while being awake, getting scratched and thrown around a room. The doorbell ringing even with the fusebox completely cut off from electricity. Doors slamming shut, nails falling out of walls...all those horror movie cliches. Got us both into depression, plus heavy drinking on my side and my friend's drug abuse. Sherdog was actually the only place I've talked about it, since I'm living a pretty boring life now and it all seems like someone else's life 20+ years later. Almost like a bad dream.

ghosts have been around since the beginning of time and science has not made the sufficient discoveries or created the branches of scientific discipline and investigation necessary to measure them yet (maybe we never will).

it takes a tremendously unwarranted leap of pure faith in science to think that our present level of development encapsulates the measuring of all of human experience and existence.

What branches of scientific discipline or tools need to be created to detect them? We've detected gravitational waves from black holes thousands of light years away, yet we can't detect a ghost roaming around in the attic?

Do ghosts have mass? If so, they'd have been discovered by "science" by now. If not, what exactly are they?

It's baseless speculation devoid of evidence to believe in ghosts.

I've mentioned it in a thread that was here years ago, my best friend and I got into some occult stuff way back when we were teenagers. The mid-90s. Both of us suffered for a couple of years afterward. No sleep, visions of things while being awake, getting scratched and thrown around a room. The doorbell ringing even with the fusebox completely cut off from electricity. Doors slamming shut, nails falling out of walls...all those horror movie cliches. Got us both into depression, plus heavy drinking on my side and my friend's drug abuse. Sherdog was actually the only place I've talked about it, since I'm living a pretty boring life now and it all seems like someone else's life 20+ years later. Almost like a bad dream.

did that phenomenon just fade out slowly or did you take some kind of action to quell it?

Was this in the same house or did it follow you around?

What branches of scientific discipline or tools need to be created to detect them? We've detected gravitational waves from black holes thousands of light years away, yet we can't detect a ghost roaming around in the attic?

Do ghosts have mass? If so, they'd have been discovered by "science" by now. If not, what exactly are they?

It's baseless speculation devoid of evidence to believe in ghosts.

we dont know yet what branches of science are discoverable to us nor which among those possible branches would investigate and look into the spiritual or paranormal world. that's the point. it takes a lot of faith to think we just happen to live in a time when no new revolutionary and existentially significant scientific discoveries would be made.

personally i have a lot more faith in science than that.

we dont know yet what branches or science are discoverable to us nor which among those possible branches would investigate and look into the spiritual or paranormal world. that's the point. it takes a lot of faith to think we just happen to live in a time when no new revolutionary and existentially significant scientific discoveries would be made.

personally i have a lot more faith in science than that.
My dad was in the army and used to go on 'exercise' quite frequently, one time he was staying at what was once a concentration camp and saw a hanging when he was on his way to the outhouse toilet. I'm a great believer in things making an imprint and it playing back. Not ghosts to fuck with us in that case, just a replay. My dad may be certain things, but he wouldn't have made that up. He's probably the most lucid person I've ever known.

did that phenomenon just fade out slowly or did you take some kind of action to quell it?

Some of the Sherbros that frequent the War room know, I went to military just before NATO started dropping bombs on Serbia in 1999. One of the reasons (not the main one) I enrolled was to get away from it, even with the risk of getting killed. My friend had problems for a few more years and we've tried almost everything. Prayers, fasting, local traditional "magic"...But it eventually went away and even two of us never talk about it.

Was this in the same house or did it follow you around?

We lived in the same apartment building, I was in a flat below his. But it was occurring in other places, too. I would hang out with my highschool sweetheart in a park, broad daylight. The ground would open and I could see people being tortured below. Both she and I would get physically sick, but only I saw those things. I tried to play it off and pretend I'm fine.

Back