50 cal explodes in guy's face

Seems like a good guy, very lucky to be alive. His wife was probably pissed.

Very lucky and confusing. After all that he still credits his survival to 'god'. Personally i'd be giving the credit to his father and the medical professionals for their quick action but to each their own I guess.

I guess someone put far to many grains into that round. I've only seen this happen once before with a 100+ year old .22 the bolt almost took my dads eye out.

Very lucky and confusing. After all that he still credits his survival to 'god'. Personally i'd be giving the credit to his father and the medical professionals for their quick action but to each their own I guess.
He's correct in thanking God considering that without the Creator, his father and the medical team wouldn't exist.

Super witty.

Saw this earlier in the week. Still a bit unclear on what caused the rifle to blow. He mentioned some hot rounds, but I did not catch what they were and why they caused the overpressure.

Super witty.

Saw this earlier in the week. Still a bit unclear on what caused the rifle to blow. He mentioned some hot rounds, but I did not catch what they were and why they caused the overpressure.

.50 bmg slap rounds. They may have been tampered with or "fake".

main-qimg-33b132fc8121cae35fcacc79e700b8c5

9d275de3496a9a1075c2c4d4439681a5.jpg

Man don’t throw random bullets down your barrel! Something was definitely up there.
For what it’s worth the m107 Barrett 50 can shot all the ammo in the military’s 50 cal inventory, except slap. It’s not specifically because it’s only meant for a machine guns but it is really hot and the ogive is far forward so it’s not always going to chamber.

I just wouldn’t shot slap through anything but a machine gun. But that’s just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back