Media 53 Minutes of Nick Diaz Boxing Fools Up

over time, people learned how to fight Nick. His issues were at range and predictability.

If you just stick and move, constantly stay on your bike and avoid having your back to the cage like your life depends on it, you can make him look a lot less impressive.

When he can start gaining momentum, especially after you've started to tire and begins to back you into a corner, he was one of the scarier fighters In the sport. Just the combinations, volume, like an endless barrage.

But, he's not nearly as good on the outside, at least not later in his career. Oddly enough, he seemed to be better early on like when he fought Lawler.

I think his style is actually more conducive to a boxing ring where there's less room to move. Problem is, he could outlast almost anyone, so eventually you would start to tire and he would find that sweet spot to his style where he starts to become really dangerous.

Really smart fighters like GSP who have coaches that are exceptional at strategizing will beat Nick, just because the holes to his style are pretty glaring. But, otherwise, he could conceivably be a tough fight for almost anyone. Similar issue with Nate.

Some basketballers are good at passing, but maybe not good at football.
Some MMA fighters are good at punching, but maybe not good at boxing.

Different sport.
Different rules.
Different cage.
Different equipment.
Similar motions.

Twisted? Maybe. but until they are in a ring, with boxing gloves, wearing boxing shorts, under boxing rules, with a boxing ref and boxing judges...

Ain't NO boxing goin' down, brother.
Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nai.
Brother you make me want to punch you throat to flat. This is nonsense talk. He is to utilize boxing skills within a difference sport. NFL player utilize NBA moves Tom cruise utilize flight training. Brother I seriously brother am not able to use Internet for over months time and I come to see you post shits that is for dumb stuffs. All due respect brother rot in the pits

Fuckin Internet is full of pedantic dickheads that think arguing semantics is intelligent discourse.

Yeah, I realized he was retarded pretty early in our time together sir lol.

Jake Paul owns him and his brother
Now, of course. Jake only fights old/washed MMA guys. Prime Nick would have a shot at Jake, though. His technique was unorthodox and poor at times, but Jake never fought anyone with that kind of punching volume, cardio, chin and taunting.

Not unless/until they are using boxing rules, in a boxing ring while using boxing gloves, etc.
Boxing is a sport.
Rules define sports.
He is using punching while fighting in the sport of MMA.
if we're being pedantic boxing simply means striking with the hands though, for example the phrase "box someone's ears" doesn't refer to getting in the ring:
"BOX: to beat, thrash, strike with the fist or hand," late 14c., from box (n.2). The meaning "to fight with the fists" (intransitive), whether gloved or not, is from 1560s. Related: Boxed; boxing."

this is like saying you aren't running or skating if not under the organized sport of running or skating

Now, of course. Jake only fights old/washed MMA guys. Prime Nick would have a shot at Jake, though. His technique was unorthodox and poor at times, but Jake never fought anyone with that kind of punching volume, cardio, chin and taunting.
Jake is a pretty solid boxer for how long he's been doing this.

Probably one of the more underestimated fighters I can recall In recent memory.

I think he's actually better than the vast majority of MMA guys.

As he should be, of course, he's trained exclusively boxing for 5+ years

But i watched his spar with Hasim Rahman Jr back when he was green af, 2 years into his training, I was impressed.

I'm one of the rare people to say this, but I believe Jake is an insane amount of potential In boxing.

Even tank said he thinks hes decent, which is pretty high praise, considering he's been training 5 years to someone like tank who's been training for like 20 years.

Overall, I think Jake paul is a good example of how people allow their biases to consume them. People get so hot and bothered at his trolling that it removes all objectivity from analyzing his skillset and potential.

Conor is another example, but I won't get Into that.

I couldn't care less how he does or doesn't do, frankly. I will never be a fan of anybody. But, I believe he's gonna surprise a lot of people with his skillset and mentality.

He's a lot more impressive than people think, especially when it comes to his mentality.

All that being said, Nick in his prime would be tricky. His style is more conducive to a ring as well. At the same time, the biggest drawback is the fight IQ, predictability and lack of outside game.

So, a smart, stick and move strategy will always be a very potent weapon against a diaz brother.

Where it becomes more dangerous is the conditioning. They will outlast you, if you start to slow In any sense whatsoever, that's where It could go extremely south.

Overall though, I think Jake would win. Just because the strategy to beat Nick is very cut and dry.

Reactions: mkt
Jake is a pretty solid boxer for how long he's been doing this.

Probably one of the more underestimated fighters I can recall In recent memory.

I think he's actually better than the vast majority of MMA guys.

As he should be, of course, he's trained exclusively boxing for 5+ years

But i watched his spar with Hasim Rahman Jr back when he was green af, 2 years into his training, I was impressed.

I'm one of the rare people to say this, but I believe Jake is an insane amount of potential In boxing.

Even tank said he thinks hes decent, which is pretty high praise, considering he's been training 5 years to someone like tank who's been training for like 20 years.

Overall, I think Jake paul is a good example of how people allow their biases to consume them. People get so hot and bothered at his trolling that it removes all objectivity from analyzing his skillset and potential.

Conor is another example, but I won't get Into that.

I couldn't care less how he does or doesn't do, frankly. I will never be a fan of anybody. But, I believe he's gonna surprise a lot of people with his skillset and mentality.

He's a lot more impressive than people think, especially when it comes to his mentality.

All that being said, Nick in his prime would be tricky. His style is more conducive to a ring as well. At the same time, the biggest drawback is the fight IQ, predictability and lack of outside game.

So, a smart, stick and move strategy will always be a very potent weapon against a diaz brother.

Where it becomes more dangerous is the conditioning. They will outlast you, if you start to slow In any sense whatsoever, that's where It could go extremely south.

Overall though, I think Jake would win. Just because the strategy to beat Nick is very cut and dry.
We'll see on Jake. While I know his fights have been lucrative, at this point he needs to fight real boxers--no more old MMA fighters or fellow Youtubers. Work his way up the ranks while in still in his late 20s--or switch to MMA. But fighting other old retired/washed MMA guys (Masvidal/Conor or whoever) is pointless.

We'll see on Jake. While I know his fights have been lucrative, at this point he needs to fight real boxers--no more old MMA fighters or fellow Youtubers. Work his way up the ranks while in still in his late 20s--or switch to MMA. But fighting other old retired/washed MMA guys (Masvidal/Conor or whoever) is pointless.
I think you need to be able to see potential, regardless of who someone is fighting my bro.

A lot of guys have In MMA have championship potential long before they've fought anyone. And it can be seen coming, by anyone who has an astute eye.

Competition is important. But so is paying attention to the actual skillset and mentality being demonstrated.

if we're being pedantic boxing simply means striking with the hands though, for example the phrase "box someone's ears" doesn't refer to getting in the ring:
"BOX: to beat, thrash, strike with the fist or hand," late 14c., from box (n.2). The meaning "to fight with the fists" (intransitive), whether gloved or not, is from 1560s. Related: Boxed; boxing."

this is like saying you aren't running or skating if not under the organized sport of running or skating
The point is they are in a different organized sport, the sport of MMA,
So of course they can train in a boxing ring, with boxing gloves, etc, and they can use 'boxing skills' but they are not boxing and they are not boxers.

They are more than that, since they have so many other skills and defenses.

There is no organized sport of "running or skating"
There is track and field and figure skating, speed skating, etc...

but there is an organized sport of "boxing"

all with a set of rules everyone agrees on in the sport.

A figure skater and a speed skater both skate.
An MMA fighter and a boxer both strike/punch.

I'm willing to say I got it all wrong and what I mean to say is they are not 'professional boxers'

Last edited:
He was famous due to scumbag fans and weed heads. He was never good.

Back