Media 5'8 Joaquin Buckley showing he's well prepared for 6'5 Ruziboev

What does his nickname “newmansa” mean?

He thinks he’s the second coming of Mansa Musa? 😂
View attachment 1041776

I have absolutely no idea what it means and would like to find out lol

Edit: I think you're on the right lines:

Mansa (N'Ko: ߡߊ߲߬ߛߊ; pl. mansaw) is a Maninka and Mandinka word for a hereditary ruler, commonly translated as "king". It is particularly known as the title of the rulers of the Mali Empire, such as Mansa Musa, and in this context is sometimes translated as "emperor".

Edit 2:

Looks like you really were right. Mansa isn't a name it's a title.

Hopefully he can get it done! Ruziboev seems hard to put away and is riding a decent win streak, not against the best competition but it isn't hurting his confidence.

Ruziboev is gonna murk him I feel, most of his losses were at WW or Light at MW the guy has been an absolute beast thus far.

Ruzi is fighting at 170, ie, where he lost a lot.

How can someone be fighting in UFC at 170lbs and be 6'5" !?!?!
Christ! Is he a garden rake? I probably saw him fight before but cannot remember it.......

Buckley is going to knock him out, that's my gut feeling. He has improved a lot, and starting to look like a real contender

Isn't Buckley in the top 10 now? I feel like this match-up is the UFC's sneaky way of trying to fasttrack some Eastern can-crusher into the rankings by giving them what the feel like is an "easy" opponent, like they tried with Strickland vs Abus, and I hope it backfires on them badly once again.
Abus Strickland was a win win for the UFC. If Abus won, it would have been a spectacular first round KO as he has exactly 3 minutes of gas which was certainly known when they signed him, and if Sean won it would go how it went, with it looking like an assault. Actual smart matchmaking by them that time.

My brother and I are 6'5" and 6'4" respectively, and I too am not believing everyone in that video lol.

Buckley has grown on me over the years, so I hope it's a good fight at least. Nursolton's eye rake of Sedriques lost him a lot of fans, though the intent is still in question and Dumas is allegedly an abuser of women so probably not many actually cared. Nursoltons sparking of Brunno was impressive.
I'm wondering why he is choosing the harder cut to 170 on his absolutely massive frame, he already looked huge at MW, the dehydration could affect his chin significantly theoretically. Should be a banger fight.

Last edited:
Isn't Buckley in the top 10 now? I feel like this match-up is the UFC's sneaky way of trying to fasttrack some Eastern can-crusher into the rankings by giving them what the feel like is an "easy" opponent, like they tried with Strickland vs Abus, and I hope it backfires on them badly once again.
Can crusher? Abus Magomedov? Even Strickland has respect for Sadibou Sy

Is his opponent really 6'5"? He listed as 6'2 or 3" everywhere I checked

Those guys aren't 6'4. Most of those guys are the same height next to each other and one guy is claiming he is 3 inches taller than the other. 6'4 guy should tower over Buckley even if he is closer to the camera.

Also lol at the promo pic for this fight

they all lied about their heights LOL. the last guy "6'1" looked like he was 5'11 at best

6'5 and he fought at 155 before... Damn that's some Will Chope shit. The super tall guys in lighter weight classes never have a crazy reach tho, must not have wide shoulders.

Can crusher? Abus Magomedov? Even Strickland has respect for Sadibou Sy

I never said anything about Sy, and I didn't say all of Abus' wins were cans.

Where are you from?

A lot of those dudes were capping in regards to their height lol..

6'5 and he fought at 155 before... Damn that's some Will Chope shit. The super tall guys in lighter weight classes never have a crazy reach tho, must not have wide shoulders.
From what I can tell I think it's shorter arms, narrower shoulders, super long legs

Last edited:
I honestly think this fight goes all 3rds. Neither guy should try and blow their tank at a risk of getting ko'ed.

Buckley has won me over. Hope he gets it done.

Back