66th Grammy Awards Feb 4th 2024 8pm ET

66th-grammy-awards-backstage.jpg

I’m not one of those “all awards shows suck” types but man the Grammys do suck. They kind of always did but they could be entertaining at times

I remember when the MTV VMAs were the one show to watch because you never knew what was going to happen. You had to watch it live and the entire show so you wouldn’t miss anything. Now with streaming, social media and the fact MTV doesn’t show music videos anymore, there is no reason to watch that shite at all.

Man, I don’t think we realize how good we actually had it back then even with Britney Spears and those boy bands

Gotta do something to pass the time.
I agree alot of it is garbage.
Chrissie Hynde called the Grammys "grotesque" a few years ago. She wasn't wrong.

At least a real song writer showed up... Billy Joel. But even his new song isn't great.

I’m not one of those “all awards shows suck” types but man the Grammys do suck. They kind of always did but they could be entertaining at times

I remember when the MTV VMAs were the one show to watch because you never knew what was going to happen. You had to watch it live and the entire show so you wouldn’t miss anything. Now with streaming, social media and the fact MTV doesn’t show music videos anymore, there is no reason to watch that shite at all.

Man, I don’t think we realize how good we actually had it back then even with Britney Spears and those boy bands

No kidding...

My kids even listen to more 80's/90's music than current music.

Which is fucking crazy, because as a 70's/80's kid, I would have never listened to music that was 30+ years old. That would been like around 40's and 50's music. lol

Says alot about our music growing up that 70's-90's music is still as popular as it is.

It just seems like watching someone list their favorite musicians.

I don't know who picks these winners and I don't care about their opinions.

If they let the public vote or something then at would at least have SOME integrity, although I'm sure you'd get all kinds of Boaty McBoatface type issues

It's Taylor's world. We just live on it. ;)

No kidding...

My kids even listen to more 80's/90's music than current music.

Which is fucking crazy, because as a 70's/80's kid, I would have never listened to music that was 30+ years old. That would been like around 40's and 50's music. lol

Says alot about our music growing up that 70's-90's music is still as popular as it is.
I listened to quite a bit of 1970s music in the 90s.

Probably not much 60s.

Floyd
Steve Miller
Zeppelin
Clapton

I listened to quite a bit of 1970s music in the 90s.

Probably not much 60s.

Floyd
Steve Miller
Zeppelin
Clapton

By the 90's, music stations were already calling the 70's Classic Rock... lol

A lot of good disco then too, that was transitioning to hip hop by the 80's.

I mean... What genre would Midnight Star be considered? It wasn't really disco was it? I guess it was

By the 90's, music stations were already calling the 70's Classic Rock... lol

A lot of good disco then too, that was transitioning to hip hop by the 80's.

I mean... What genre would Midnight Star be considered? It wasn't really disco was it? I guess it was
Do the "kids today" call 1989s-1990s music "classic hip hop" or classic rock?

Or "retro"

Drugs plus Pink Floyd (and many others) definitely played a pretty impactful role in my teen years in the 1990s.

Screenshot_20240205_123851_Google.jpg

Do the "kids today" call 1989s-1990s music "classic hip hop" or classic rock?

Or "retro"

Drugs plus Pink Floyd (and many others) definitely played a pretty impactful role in my teen years in the 1990s.

View attachment 1027933
Brit Floyd is coming here thats about as close as Ill get to seeing Pink. They are one of 3 concerts I regret not going to I use to listen to the wall every night. The wall live in Berlin is awesome if you havnt see it.

Brit Floyd is coming here thats about as close as Ill get to seeing Pink. They are one of 3 concerts I regret not going to I use to listen to the wall every night. The wall live in Berlin is awesome if you havnt see it.
I saw Roger Waters 30 year anniversary tour of Dark Side and The Wall.

I would very much like to see Gilmour if the opportunity ever presents itself.

The full lineup only played together 1x while I was alive and aware of their existence and it was not on my continent.

t-swift is so incredibly overrated. Like I never believed in industry plants until she showed up. She's not the best singer, songwriter, dancer of her generation. I guess it just matters that she does a little bit of all of them I suppose.

Back