Media 8 years ago on this day, Nate turned Conor into a wrestler and choked him

lol You are so obsessed with Conor.. that this event is so important to you šŸ˜† a bit sad

One of the best buildups to a fight and a fantastic upset that turned Nate into a bonafide superstar.
Gave us comedy gold like ā€œNate makes animal balloons with his left hand, and gang signs with his right hand,ā€ and the infamous, ā€œYouā€™re out there playing touchbutt with that dork in the park.ā€ lol
So hilarious how Nate the dopehead completely destroyed Conor with that one line. Just killed him dead. Conor the supposed "GOAT trash-talker" got beat at his own game and sat there like a deer in headlights.

So hilarious how Nate the dopehead completely destroyed Conor with that one line. Just killed him dead. Conor the supposed "GOAT trash-talker" got beat at his own game and sat there like a deer in headlights.
Like a gazelle in the headlights šŸ˜‚

Amazing build up and rivalry. Pure gold.

No shame to losing to Nate at 170 though. Aldo wouldā€™ve lost too, Max and Volk mightā€™ve had a chance
If Aldo used leg kicks against Nate, he leaves him crippled in 2 rounds.

If Aldo used leg kicks against Nate, he leaves him crippled in 2 rounds.
You do understand that Nate is 5 inches taller and has a 6 inch reach advantage? Aldoā€™s kicking range is Nateā€™s punching range. Aldo wouldnā€™t be able to damage Nateā€™s leg without getting his face punched off by Nate. He would also gas out by round 3 and choked by Nate. No one has stopped Nate by the way and Aldo definitely wouldnā€™t be first one to do it

Last edited:
You do understand that Nate is 5 inches taller and has a 6 inch reach advantage? Aldoā€™s kicking range is Nateā€™s punching range. Aldo wouldnā€™t be able to damage Nateā€™s leg without getting his face punched off by Nate. He would also gas out by round 3 and choked by Nate. No has stopped Nate by the way and Aldo definitely wouldnā€™t be first one to do it

Didnā€™t Josh Thompson stop Nate? I think it was due to a cut and maybe the doctor called it

Didnā€™t Josh Thompson stop Nate? I think it was due to a cut and maybe the doctor called it
Nah, I was over exaggerating a bit. Josh did finish him and the doctor called the fight with Masvidal due to the cut

Nah, I was over exaggerating a bit. Josh did finish him and the doctor called the fight with Masvidal due to the cut

Dang Iā€™m too old and Iā€™ve seen too many fights. Iā€™m starting to mix them together!

First of all.. I can't believe it was 8 years ago!!! its crazy how fast time goes, time flies!!. Its unbelievable its 8 years ago. Wow, it doesn't feel that long to me.. maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Its crazy how fast the time is going these days

That was such a great night, I loved every second of it, the meltdown on here afterwards was hilarious, do you all remember the forums after the fight? lol it was insane.. there was a new thread every second lol. Conor fans were in absolute tears and fuming.
I couldnā€™t get onto the forums for at least an hour. It was awesome when I made it through. The tears were a thing of beauty.

It's amazing the following Connor had with guys at work. I couldn't understand the popularity of how these guys who never followed the sport would abandon every common sense. I watched guys throw down huge bets on this guy. Even the stupid boxing match they bet. The guy to win.

You do understand that Nate is 5 inches taller and has a 6 inch reach advantage? Aldoā€™s kicking range is Nateā€™s punching range. Aldo wouldnā€™t be able to damage Nateā€™s leg without getting his face punched off by Nate. He would also gas out by round 3 and choked by Nate. No one has stopped Nate by the way and Aldo definitely wouldnā€™t be first one to do it
Lots of tall guys lost with leg kicks

Nate was a King. He won all the press conferences, the fight and the post-fight. Total victory. Fatality
He made Conor richer.. so he didn't won everything šŸ˜†

And 13 years since hendo knocked the fuck out of Feijao!!!! Underrated ko

Crazy to think that immediately after that fight, Feijao became the first and only guy to KO Yoel Romero and it still took and absolute ungodly amount of punishment to do it lol

Ahhh, that's why Conor talked about Diaz 3 in the sphere today. Because Nate is still in his head.

For sure. Conor isn't stupid...he knows that '1-1' is only on paper lol.

8 years ago.

Pretty wild...

2016 iz also the last year Conor won a fight.

(I don't count the Cowboy match)
That Cowboy "fight" was really a highly choregaphed waltz.

winning via shoulder strikes from the clinch? Seriously? the ufc is lucky that their fans are too dumb to understand their favourite sport.

Remember when Dana said ā€œNate Diaz canā€™t move the needleā€ this dude has been wrong about so many things Iā€™m shocked heā€™s still president of the UFC especially after the wife power slap incident too

Back