80s: Iron Maiden vs. Metallica?

Do you prefer Iron Maiden or Metallica?

• Total voters
I chose Metallica because they're my favorite all time band but Maiden was amazing in the 80s as well.

Maiden because of All of their albums til 86.

Ok i startet listening to metallica with Justice for All (after 88).

Maiden has some top tier songs in the 80's, but lots of okayish ones too. 80's Metallica were close to flawless.

Last edited:
Picked Maiden narrowly by having a better bassist in Harris. Cliff is one of my favorites though.
What’s your take on this. @JangoMike

Ohhhhhh man......this is a loaded question.

Id take Maiden over Metallica. Only cuz Metallica is just so far removed from what made them awesome (Everything Pre Black Album is awesome)

Harris id say is def a better bassist than Cliff. Cliff is great tho and wrote some memorable Bass lines. . . .

.... but Trujillo skill wise and outside of Metallica can do it ALL. Metal, Funk, Jazz from Jaco shit to anything what Cliff to Harris does.....the only problem with Trujillo is hes in Metallica and comes across as a gimmick in that band. Lol

Maiden because they were inspirations to the bands I listen to

They also have the better discography

Metallica kind of sucks
One, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) are bangers.

.... but Trujillo skill wise and outside of Metallica can do it ALL. Metal, Funk, Jazz from Jaco shit to anything what Cliff to Harris does.....the only problem with Trujillo is hes in Metallica and comes across as a gimmick in that band. Lol

Got to see Suicidal Tendencies with Infectious Grooves several years back. Basically three hours of Trujillo just going off. The guy's incredible.

3KuBQuW.jpg

This is like picking between my kids…

maiden. No Metallica.

I’ll go maiden because they were more productive in the 80z.

Maiden without any doubt. I love early Metallica, but Maiden were pioneers who set the stage for what Metallica did. Also, Maiden's best stuff is more engaging to me than Metallica's best stuff. Maiden made so many albums. Metallica fell off pretty bad after the Black Album. Albums like Seventh Son, Killers, Powerslave, Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Somewhere in Time, and Piece of Mind were all masterpieces. That is way more high quality output than Metallica, and I am a fan of both (although Megadeth is better than Metallica).

Maiden, do like Metallica but I had Maiden on cassette tape and nostalgia is a thing with me.

This reminds me of an old article in spin “who has the better voice Bruce Dickinson (the air raid siren) or Rob Halford (the metal god).

Upside to Metallica is little filler I can listen to them post black album (minus some b-sides) all the way through when I want to go %100.
After the appropriately named “load” they fell off hard.

Maiden is more engaging to me depending on the mood I’m in. Downside to them is regularly skipping a lot of cheesy songs (that and the fact they regularly have 5+ minute songs.

After Maiden made more money than god. Harris stated he would only make music he wanted. If he wanted to do an 8 min + song he would do it. If you don’t like it don’t buy it”.
Might be one of the reasons they haven’t charted here in like 20 years but whatever. They still sell out venues everywhere in South America and chart all over Europe every time they release something. So they’re doing something right.
I can respect the hell out of that.

Whereas mettalica started off way less goofy than Maiden. Shit look at maidens 80’s outfits. The opposite seems to have happened. Now Tallica is like my dad still trying to rock out. Trying to hard. Whereas Maiden never took themselves to seriously. And I’ve seen both live within the last 2 years. Maiden puts on a better show imo.

Post black Garage Days had some serious bangers they covered. I definitely fuck with that album.

Iron Maiden also has awesome beer (it taste like they stole the recipe from Boddintons) but it still taste good so they win. Just my opinion though. Edit:I’m faded so take this with a grain of salt.80CA9C9C-9EEE-41FD-A69F-2105843FBEDC.jpeg

Up the Irons!
29582F5E-20ED-4ED6-83E3-647635E4104A.jpeg

Last edited:
Metallica
Maiden Had a better run than Metallica post 2000.

Back