A. Could Israel have defended nonstop takedown attempts from Chael?

Poatan probably would have beat Andy. At least how I remember Andy being (and he is my favorite OAT). But I do think Izzy would have had trouble with Belfort, Chael, Henderson, and weidman for sure. But that’s just my opinion. He may have beaten them. But those aren’t easy fights.

that being said. Even prime Andy struggles with Whittaker (I feel he’s the closest to prime weidman), and Yoel I honestly think gives him problems.

let each era be. Anderson and Adesanya are equal goats. Just one before the other.

Also, I wish either one had had the opportunity to fight a prime mousasi. That would have made my mma watching life lol.

Last edited:
Izzy has better tdd but not by a long shot. Definitely not Aldo, Whitaker or Chuck type of tdd. D1 stuck in the mud Jan took him down at will and Israel looked helpless like a belly up turtle. 0 ability to pop back up and 0 sub attempts. Tell me which amazing mma wressler Izzy has fought ? lol. Andy fought Hendo, Shael, Weidman and DC. Not to mention Anderson has pretty good bjj.

Silva vs Pereira is hard to call. Silva would be at a big disadvantage at range since his offence was so damn sloppy while leading so he wouldn't be able to punish Pereira if he took rounds off even though his defence is far better than Izzy's but unlike Izzy Silva would be able to set up counters and potentially force Pereira to be a bit less offensive and make him pay more often so his calf wouldn't get chewed up unchallenged like Izzy's did in both fights. But the chance of Silva winning rounds on activity seemingly would be less likely too.
I'd pick Silva to hit a takedown since he was as crafty as they came and score a quick finish on the ground but I'd give Pereira the slight advantage at range since he's more proven at a high level of striking and can fight going both forwards and backwards unlike Silva. If Silva doesn't hit a takedown he losses on points.

1. It's easy to forget how good Chael was because he's such a clown now. Izzy actually hasn't fought an mma wrestler as good as Chael, so we don't know. I'd pick Izzy over Chael, but that's just speculation.

2. Anderson's grappling is levels above Izzy's. If he had spent an entire round on top of Poatan like Izzy did, Anderson would have finished him.

3. Would Anderson have had a life and death struggle with a guy like Kelvin? Not a chance.

4. A completely washed up Anderson went the distance with Izzy and took a round off him. Prime Anderson would have walked through that version of Izzy. That's not to say that Izzy hasn't improved since then (he has), but it's still relevant.

Silva beats Izzy and Alex easily. People forget besides being the best striker ever, he was also a dangerous BJJ guy. Basically a better Izzy with more tools.

Sonnen would be a dangerous fight for those guys but I’m sure he’d find a way to lose.

Not a chance.

<{vega}>

Chael was levels above any of the "wrestlers" Israel has faced, who you can count on one finger (Brunson).

The current middleweight division is a wasteland for wrestlers.

Khamzat and Nickel will solve that though (but Israel will never face them).

Why would Izzy never face them?

Would Anderson have wrecked jan?
Yes
Did prime Anderson have a 1-3 series with another UFC middleweight?
No
Anderson> jizzy

Chael would wrestlefuck Izzy and poutan with their sub par grappling. Anderson had just enough to pull it out.

Anderson is the MW goat

But remember we must ignore
- his losses, only count his wins
- that he pissed hot multiple times
- his average strength of opposition, he never fought anyone as good as Whitakker, let alone Poatan

Remember his hands down chin out approach that baited opponents and gave us highlight reel KO's!
Forget when this didn't work and he went on a 6 fight skid!

Anderson is the GOAT OP, get with the sherdog program!

His clinch and takedown defense were vastly superior to Adesanya, and within the full scope of abilities required to compete against an array of opponent styles, these things are significant. But you've been ranting like some mouth-frothing psychotic about this for a week so I'm not sure you can even comprehend reality.

Chael wouldn't even make it to the UFC nowadays unless they gave him special treatment and let him juice harder than a fucking olympian like he was back when people thought he was elite.

His clinch and takedown defense were vastly superior to Adesanya, and within the full scope of abilities required to compete against an array of opponent styles, these things are significant. But you've been ranting like some mouth-frothing psychotic about this for a week so I'm not sure you can even comprehend reality.

His takedown defense? Lmao. Vastly superior?

He was on his back for most of 5 rounds vs Chael

Stick to your "cerebral" understanding of the sport which was limited to "3-0"

Your cope is so pathetic it's almost funny. You're championing a guy who was cheating most of his career, ended on a 6 fight skid (but only count the wins derp derp) amd fought vastly inferior opposition .

I just love rubbing it in. I told this braindead forum countless times the "0-3" didn't tell the story and izzy was still arguably the better fighter. I WISH you guys believed in yourself more and moved the odds to make izzy the underdog- i would have won more.

The same reason he won't fight Alex again.

Ah, so the fight neither guy seems interested in. Same guy he's fought 4 times already across 2 sports.

Must mean Izzy is afraid of anyone and everyone, right? Not like Izzy has a proven track record of being willing to fight anyone.

His takedown defense? Lmao. Vastly superior?

He was on his back for most of 5 rounds vs Chael

Stick to your "cerebral" understanding of the sport which was limited to "3-0"

Your cope is so pathetic it's almost funny. You're championing a guy who was cheating most of his career, ended on a 6 fight skid (but only count the wins derp derp) amd fought vastly inferior opposition .

I just love rubbing it in. I told this braindead forum countless times the "0-3" didn't tell the story and izzy was still arguably the better fighter. I WISH you guys believed in yourself more and moved the odds to make izzy the underdog- i would have won more.

Your angry little man rages are too funny.

You strike me as some clown who winds up alone in a room, screaming at a wall.

Your assessments are delusional.

Adesanya hasn't shown nearly the hip reactions or movement of Silva, and his quality of wrestling opponents pales.

I'm a fan of both. You, however, are a delusional, angry little man.

Your angry little man rages are too funny.

You strike me as some clown who winds up alone in a room, screaming at a wall.

Your assessments are delusional.

Adesanya hasn't shown nearly the hip reactions or movement of Silva, and his quality of wrestling opponents pales.

I'm a fan of both. You, however, are a delusional, angry little man.

Lmao all hot air.

My assessments are delusional? Izzy was always better. The odds reflected this. The odds are the consensus opinion of every person (millions) betting on the fight.

If you're not smart enough to look into the detail of how the fights actually play out and the factors influencing that - rather than cling to the final result... that's your problem..

Math and logic are undeniable sorry kid.

Hip reactions??? You're actually serious.
Rob Whitakker who is better than anyone Anderson ever fought and would probably smoke prime Anderson, he took izzy down and took his back.

Izzy calmly stood up, walked across the cage - all the while with Rob on his back - and then shook him off.

Anderson was under chael for most of 5 rounds... after being dropped by him.

They are not even comparable.

Back