A month of very poor FN cards has honestly left me a little jaded for 300

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events. Bleh. It's honestly made me more sick of MMA than excited for it. And yes, I know someone's going to say "wELl tHEn DoN'T wAtCh 300". I'm obviously going to watch it. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering if anyone else can relate.

UFC is bad. Dana is bad. Cards are bad. 300 is bad.

UFC sucks and you should stop watching and also stop posting on UFC internet forums. Go watch basketball.

I'm a fight fan so you won't hear much complaining from me, I'd rather watch a few sh!tty fights and be dissatisfied than watch no fights at all.

Don't watch it then. MMA owes you nothing. Dana owes you nothing. The UFC owes you nothing.

You are your own worst enemy. If you watch something you don't like, you are a part of the problem.
If no one complains about it then they'll just keep throwing piles of shit together. The UFC will probably continue this shitty trend anyhow, but at least voice your displeasure at the trash that they're putting out.

Right. Conor and Jon Jones are the only two fighters that would be able to headline over Pereira defending the LHW belt.

You could probably make the argument for Islam also, but that's a toss up.
would hve to be a super fight maybe, but I dont think so.

Jon Jones vs. anyone
Conor vs. anyone
Pereira vs. Adesanya 3
O’Malley vs. Topuria
Islam vs. Topuria
Jones v Aspinall would be a great fight. Jones turned down an offer to fight at 300.

Conor is washed. His fight with Chandler will be action packed but it's an irrelevant fight.

Izzy is coming off a loss and is 0-1 at light heavyweight, pass.

Topuria just won the title, him getting a champ champ fight would be incredibly stupid and unearned. Also wouldn't sell as well as Pereira v Hill.

I don’t give a shit anymore, really
I just watch every card, and don’t follow much preflight hype anymore so I usually get surprised come fight night.
The only thing I'm really against right now is Apex bullshit shows
Save that for TUF Contenders

If I recognize at least 40% of the names on a fight night card, I'm pretty stoked for it. That's low expectations, but it's where we're at. I will say, they aren't even making an attempt with the main event's though.

My big beef is they really should do better previews of the fighters during the events. At the very least, refresh my memory on their last fight. A lot of these guys, like I know I've seen them I just can't remember when and where. Bahomondes (sp?) comes to mind. I knew I saw his last fight I just couldn't remember if he won or not or how it ended and it would go a long way to remind us considering these guys are mostly no names and prospects and there's like 800 of them on the roster.

Right. Conor and Jon Jones are the only two fighters that would be able to headline over Pereira defending the LHW belt.

You could probably make the argument for Islam also, but that's a toss up.

If Usman or Colby were champions, put them vs. Khamzat ahead too. Leon is just too low energy to draw a crowd.

Homeboy was talking about any LHW title fight. Don’t forget we just had lackluster Jan vs. Ankalaev not too long ago.

If Usman or Colby were champions, put them vs. Khamzat ahead too. Leon is just too low energy to draw a crowd.

Homeboy was talking about any LHW title fight. Don’t forget we just had lackluster Jan vs. Ankalaev not too long ago.
Jan vs ankalaev would still never be lower than co-main.

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events. Bleh. It's honestly made me more sick of MMA than excited for it. And yes, I know someone's going to say "wELl tHEn DoN'T wAtCh 300". I'm obviously going to watch it. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering if anyone else can relate.

It's high time to implement my UFC Royal Rumble idea.

They focused heavily on 298-299-300, the in-between Fight Nights suffered a bit as a result.

I don't think many people on Earth are going to be jaded from too much UFC, as I get the feeling not that many watch it every single week lol

Back