A serious question to you all about me writing a weight training book.

Baby Hanma

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This is serious.

I'm a very good writer... What kind of athletic accomplishments would I need to have under my belt in order to be taken seriously for my first weight training book? Right now, I can squat 305 pounds for a five-rep max, each rep paused at the bottom... And my bench is at 225 for 8 reps, paused too. I can bent over row 275 pounds for 4 reps as an all-time best on that lift. I'm slightly weaker at it now.

A bunch of BS happened in my life, so on top of being in a cut, I was forced to neglect my training for more than three weeks. So that definitely held me back. All in all, the strength loss wasn't that bad. Everything is still where it should be. I just get out of breath easily as the sets pile up. I'm getting back to my original capacity. Just two months ago, my paused squat was actually 305 pounds for 6 reps...

My Judo coach, who's a jacked heavyweight cop, actually commented on how big I am. And he surely didn't mean fat.

If maybe I can do 5 reps on paused squats for 405 pounds and do 5 reps with 315 on bench, will that give me enough credentials to write my book?

As a lot of you here already know, I do the Doug Hepburn training program. But I made so many modifications with it that I can literally just call my own program the "Baby Hanma training system" and probably not get in trouble for copyright lawsuits.

I genuinely believe I have the secret sauce for powerlifting success. But what would convince people that I'm not delusional? I've trained several of my friends, and they all got stronger. Perhaps that's not enough?

All great leaders lead by example don't they? How would I show the world that I'm a mighty hero who should be followed?

billbored.gif

Win the Illinois masters event. After you conquer a state, a book will be elementary.

What makes you think that?

The crazy part of me will just flat out tell you that I’m destined for greatness. I do genuinely believe that. But if I’m being real, I just believe that the old school weightlifters who won medals in the 40s, 50s, and 60s have, in general, better training programs than TikTok steroid experts today.

And since I have Doug’s whole training system memorized, and I have been using it with success even without using it to its full capacity yet, I know that what I do is better than Sheiko, Smolov, or 5-4-3-1. And it’s not like I have no experience in powerlifting. Back when I was at an all-time low bodyweight of 190 pounds, I had a 205 clean and jerk. So I got experience on both powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting. And there’s also my recent progress with Doug’s system.

Combine that with the fact that I’m an amazing Stoic philosopher, then it’s really my destiny to become the greatest powerlifting guru in American history. I‘m wise enough to recommend Bill Starr to young people who are starting out on weight training instead of directing them to Mark Bell’s slingshot condom.

The crazy part of me will just flat out tell you that I’m destined for greatness. I do genuinely believe that. But if I’m being real, I just believe that the old school weightlifters who won medals in the 40s, 50s, and 60s have, in general, better training programs than TikTok steroid experts today.

And since I have Doug’s whole training system memorized, and I have been using it with success even without using it to its full capacity yet, I know that what I do is better than Sheiko, Smolov, or 5-4-3-1. And it’s not like I have no experience in powerlifting. Back when I was at an all-time low bodyweight of 190 pounds, I had a 205 clean and jerk. So I got experience on both powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting. And there’s also my recent progress with Doug’s system.

Combine that with the fact that I’m an amazing Stoic philosopher, then it’s really my destiny to become the greatest powerlifting guru in American history. I‘m wise enough to recommend Bill Starr to young people who are starting out on weight training instead of directing them to Mark Bell’s slingshot condom.
I'm still unsure if you're a troll.

228 x 8 bench
305 x 5 squat
205 x 1 C&J

... You're about half way there to proving you have the secret sauce

I'm still unsure if you're a troll.

228 x 8 bench
305 x 5 squat
205 x 1 C&J

... You're about half way there to proving you have the secret sauce

You forgot to add 275 x 4 bent over row.

That's a sloppy lift based on your other numbers

I can record myself doing it with good form and post it on YouTube if you want.

Also, Ed Coan himself taught us that we must not use strict form on rows.

I can record myself doing it with good form and post it on YouTube if you want.

Also, Ed Coan himself taught us that we must not use strict form on rows.
Nothing wrong with sloppy bent over rows but they're not a lift that can be judged.

Nothing wrong with sloppy bent over rows but they're not a lift that can be judged.

What if a human being cheat curls 500 pounds? Are you not gonna judge his strength because you didn’t see him deadlift 510?

Maybe if you used a belt you could squat more than 305 lbs x 5 lol

Back