Rumored ACA is planning a LW Grand Prix. Artem Reznikov, Yusuf Raisov, Eduard Vartanyan might be involved

I've got nothing against Illunga or anything but I don't really get the idea of them having "no choice" when there are so many good lightweights already in ACA that aren't in the tournament. Sarnavisky, Batista, Shaikhaev, Pirtea off the top of my head.

I've got nothing against Illunga or anything but I don't really get the idea of them having "no choice" when there are so many good lightweights already in ACA that aren't in the tournament. Sarnavisky, Batista, Shaikhaev, Pirtea off the top of my head.
Sarnavisky is literally booked for the same event against Batista. They could have gotten either one to fill in

Sarnavisky is literally booked for the same event against Batista. They could have gotten either one to fill in
According to interview with Sarnavskiy it’s the last fight on his contract. He wanted to fight AAA for the belt, but because of Ramadan and injury of AAA it’s not happening. Plus, he is friends with Reznikov and they decided that only one of them will fight in tournament so they won’t have to fight each other.

So, some news.
Aslambek Badaev from ACA confirmed that Abdulvakhabov was in talks with PFL (there were rumors about that some time ago), but visa issues and as we can see he is not announced for this season so looks like after Ramadan he probably returns to ACA. Probably will face winner of today fight between Sarnavskiy and Batista (which ACA thought about making fight for interim belt).
Also AAA is not in Gran Prix because of Raisov -- it was decided that only one Chechen and representative of Akhmat gym will be fighting (in another video interview I saw journalist mentioned that Raisov asked that there will be no Chechen fighters in Grand Prix).

So, some news.
Aslambek Badaev from ACA confirmed that Abdulvakhabov was in talks with PFL (there were rumors about that some time ago), but visa issues and as we can see he is not announced for this season so looks like after Ramadan he probably returns to ACA. Probably will face winner of today fight between Sarnavskiy and Batista (which ACA thought about making fight for interim belt).
Also AAA is not in Gran Prix because of Raisov -- it was decided that only one Chechen and representative of Akhmat gym will be fighting (in another video interview I saw journalist mentioned that Raisov asked that there will be no Chechen fighters in Grand Prix).
Surprised PFL made a move on AAA but not UFC or Bellator. More surprising that he was willing to sign, I always thought he was holding out for the UFC.

Surprised PFL made a move on AAA but not UFC or Bellator. More surprising that he was willing to sign, I always thought he was holding out for the UFC.
I think UFC already offered him contract maybe even more than once. He was staying because of his loyalty to Khasiev and I think even said something along the lines that if Khasiev tells him to go to UFC he will go.

I think UFC already offered him contract maybe even more than once. He was staying because of his loyalty to Khasiev and I think even said something along the lines that if Khasiev tells him to go to UFC he will go.
So, Khasiev is not OK with him going to the UFC but he is cool with him going to PFL? Thats a bit strange. Does the UFC have a bad relationship with ACA?

So, Khasiev is not OK with him going to the UFC but he is cool with him going to PFL? Thats a bit strange. Does the UFC have a bad relationship with ACA?
Don't know how to answer. Like, before ACA it was like that -- seems like ACB wanted their guys to stay with them and Khasiev even said that fighters who went to UFC will not be welcome back, while WFCA of Kadyrov (in my opinion) was OK/happy when their guys went to UFC to kick some ass. Maybe it's something like that when Kadyrov bless you or you ask him to let you leave they OK with that, when you try to go on your own -- they are not happy (I think Reznikov, Ismailov, Vakhaev said that ACA told them that they own promotion one more fight while fighters were sure that they finished their contract/contract expired).

Reagrding tournament -- Vartanyan-Raisov wre scheduled for September 17, according to new info Vartanyan needs surgery so fight rescheduled for November. I guess that means finals of tournament not gonnaa hppen this year.

Raisov said that if he wins in Grand Prix, he might take part in ACA FW Grand Prix next year.

Back