News According to Dana, we won't get a new main event for UFC 300: "We've gone through a lot of s***"

You're gonna announce two more fights for UFC 300?

Yes Sir

So the main event and co-main event, or another bout?

The co-main event and another one

Any date for announcement?

No, listen. I'd announce it now if we had it. We've gone through a lot of crazy shit trying to put this fight together so... It's been interesting.

Damn! Still not finalized!
Maybe time for the Conor-Nate finale!!!

yeah i really doubt this specific issue is all about money.

seems like they have an
unreliable conor
unready jones who wont fight unless its a washed up stipe
khamzat who has a built in excuse of ramadan (doubt anyone would want that excuse over their head)
izzy who may not want to fight at LHW
alex who may struggle to make Welterweight again
DDP who might not be ready

Its always money ... Especially with the UFC..

Lesson one : Nobody wants to fight/isn't ready = they didn't want to fight for peanuts

Whether it's the main event or co-main event I am still curious about what it is.

That’s it, the oil is going to be scalding hot now. Shell up the cash ya fuckin’ cheap goof and get it done.

Who can it possibly be? This is the problem with hyping it up so much.

They announced Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia like it was nothing and it has stole the weekend spotlight heading into the superbowl.

I really think the Apex events have put a hault on the ability to make stars.

So BMF is the main event?
Still uncertain, it seems
At 3:23 at the same presser Dana says

"Who knows who's gonna be the UFC300 headliner? We've been working on it - it's been interesting - I can tell you that."
followed by excuses over the lack of one huge fight
"Obviously we wanna deliver [...] if you look at the card where it sits today every single event could be a main event on a fight night or a PPV"

he also said in the same press conference that they want to deliver and are working on a main event.
I'm unsure if he said it - it's a bit of a mess.
In the quote I've used above Dana is saying they have been working on a main event... but sounded like it might have fallen through, and now they've lowered their ambitions and trying to a worse fight that might be co-main.

And they are unsure if the new fight or Max vs Justin will be the headliner.

Last edited:
I'm unsure if he said it - it's a bit of a mess.
In the quote I've used above Dana is saying they have been working on a main event... but sounded like it might have fallen through, and now they've lowered their ambitions and trying to a worse fight that might be co-main.
Thank you. That's also how I interpreted his words, but we'll see.

According to UFC´s own site BMF wouldnt be co-main event...and main event is still TBD vs TBD, so which is it Dana?

Again, hes creating a financial disservice to his company.

Folks will need to know what they're asking off of work for to take a trip to watch this event, so you gotta give them a reason.

Also, if hes really "trying to put this fight together" then this build up gives fighters and their teams more incentive to continue to stall and ask for more money.

UFC in shambles

Off topic, but Jones did say he's got a only a few more events left and wants to give those events his all. So much speculation about Jones retiring after Stipe. Glad to see he's talking about more fights.

Back