Adesanya confirms he was lucid

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So you can stop all the waffle about him “possibly” being out on his feet.

As many were saying, it was stopped way too early - now this is confirmed.
A fight (especially one of that magnitude) shouldn’t be stopped because the ref assumes one fighter will get dropped soon, and then with potential follow up strikes and no chance of recovery.

Israel was still on his feet and weaving, actively avoiding the blows to that was actually finish him and recovering.

If you haven’t seen countless fights where fighters recover from way worse, then you haven’t seen many fights at all.

Just admit it was terrible call and now we’ll never know what would have happened (if Alex would have actually got the finish or if Izzy would have recovered and finished the round in a particular way), because it was stopped before the fight could come to a real conclusion

Its annoying that it was stopped a bit early, mostly because we will now never know if he could have actually survived such an onslaught after being rocked(personally I think Izzy was about to go lights out).

No he didn't.
Ego wise he said he would've liked to have seen it go on a bit longer, but any fighter says that.
He also mentioned that his leg was very comprimised from checking and leg kicks which made it difficult to avoid the follow up shots.

I really don't understand how people think this stoppage is bad, unless you wanted Pereira to completely flatline Izzy by continuing his onslaught.

Izzy said he agreed with the stoppage bro

Lol please show where he said he agreed with the stoppage.

He said he could have continued and wasn’t even given the chance to see if he could out on his shield and he wasn’t even out.

I’ll wait for your evidence where he says, “he agrees with the stoppage”

Look how lucid he is!

UnlinedEarnestElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

A fight (especially one of that magnitude) shouldn’t be stopped because the ref assumes one fighter will get dropped soon, and then with potential follow up strikes and no chance of recovery.

Israel was still on his feet and weaving, actively avoiding the blows to that was actually finish him and recovering.

If you haven’t seen countless fights where fighters recover from way worse, then you haven’t seen many fights at all.

Just admit it was terrible call and now we’ll never know what would have happened (if Alex would have actually got the finish or if Izzy would have recovered and finished the round in a particular way), because it was stopped before the fight could come to a real conclusion

He HIMSELF has said that his teem agreed with the stoppage and he trusts his team. Weather he was out or going out or lucid or combination of each one between punches. More were coming and he was done. His back was to the cage, his legs were fucked, he was facing down and his hands were flailing like one of the wavey hand men outside of a car dealership.

He seems more able to live with it than his fans are.

In plenty of fights, a hurt and concussed fighter will be conscious but so out of it that they will attempt to take down the ref who interrupted it, thinking he's still in the fight. Conscious and thinking he's lucid means absolutely zero to his real state. If he lost time, he wouldn't know. If he's confused, he wouldn't know. It all makes sense to the concussed fighter. His notion that he was lucid is irrelevant, what is relevant is that footage shows that he was eating sequential shots from a dangerous fighter and had not offered resistance nor did he seem able to and thus was in danger of severe and unnecessary injury.

Its annoying that it was stopped a bit early, mostly because we will now never know if he could have actually survived such an onslaught after being rocked(personally I think Izzy was about to go lights out).

Yea and that’s the biggest issue. The fight was called before it got to anywhere near a real conclusive point.

It’s like Zhang fight yesterday. It was pretty obvious she was going to win. It was more certain than Alex actually finishing Izzy when the fight was called. I guess the ref should have just called Zhang the winner before the fight started.

Fights shouldn’t be called on what we THINK may happen.

Damn bro you wanted to see him carried out on a stretcher after taking some knees from him having his head down?

Lol please show where he said he agreed with the stoppage.

He said he could have continued and wasn’t even given the chance to see if he could out on his shield and he wasn’t even out.

I’ll wait for your evidence where he says, “he agrees with the stoppage”
1:40

"In the moment (when the ref stepped in) i didn't agree but I trust my coaches and my manager when they say it's a good stoppage"

guys who says stoppage was early, either wanted to see izzy getting knocked out cold
or had hopes he would survive and win
mark did him good by saving him from some extreme damage

In plenty of fights, a hurt and concussed fighter will be conscious but so out of it that they will attempt to take down the ref who interrupted it, thinking he's still in the fight. Conscious and thinking he's lucid means absolutely zero to his real state. If he lost time, he wouldn't know. If he's confused, he wouldn't know. It all makes sense to the concussed fighter. His notion that he was lucid is irrelevant, what is relevant is that footage shows that he was eating sequential shots from a dangerous fighter and had not offered resistance nor did he seem able to and thus was in danger of severe and unnecessary injury.

Waffle. Were you in his mind? He said he got wobbled but wasn’t concussed and clear of mind when he was weaving.
But you know better than he did, right?

Fighters eat shots all the time. Get wobbled all the time. That doesn’t call for a loss given

Damn bro you wanted to see him carried out on a stretcher after taking some knees from him having his head down?

Oh knees was it? The other yous were saying it was going to be punches.

Imagine calling a title fight based on what you think could happen.

It’s now 3-0 to Pereria bro.2 KO wins.In all 3 fights Pereria was at a massive experience disadvantage and still won EVERY time. Must sting.

Back