Adesanya is one tittie defense away from GOAT MW status

Israel's 3rd best win is Costa, whose career record looks like this:

nLYOJTQ.png

We don't really know how good he is. Future will reveal.

Giving Romero all he culd handle - by fighting him not running around him - is pretty revealing.

Rich Franklin is 3rd best win for Anderson at MW. How does Franklin's 8-3 record at MW with Tanner an Okami in an extremely close dec as best wins look to you?

Because Israel has zero wrestling. What part of your nonsensical post am I missing? Israel cannot wrestle. Anderson had some very effective trips from the Muay Thai clinch. That alone bests anything Adesanya can do in terms of getting the fight to the ground.

Vettori, Romero and Brunson tried to outwrestle him - as they did to others - and struggled with Israel. Adesanya showed plenty of wrestling ability in those exchanges.

You saw none of that. You are missing many things, dude.

Izzy, Usman, Ngannou are the top 3 P4P GOATs of all time. Just accept it already.

<209Bitch>

No need of "deal with it" dude.
By your simpleton/UFC shill criteria, Rich Franklin is a top5 MW of all-time. That's extremely ignorant. Deal with what
I never mentioned Rich Franklin. The thread is about GOAT status, or can’t your simpleton ass read or comprehend simple English? What does the G in GOAT stand for? I’ll help you out. It means GREATEST, and there can be only one. Therefore when talking about the SINGLE best fighter in any weight class, my criteria is firstly title defences. Then strength of resume.

Go back to whatever school you flunked out of and get an education. Or just let me school you some more.

Chill out with this hypocritical nature Chael "PED Goat" Sonnen.
How is this hypocritical? I'm not saying you need to discount Izzy for PEDS, i'm saying if you discount Anderson for them you should probably discount Izzy, there is enough evidence of usage in my view.

Plus, I'm not saying Chael is the MW Goat lmao.

I never mentioned Rich Franklin. The thread is about GOAT status, or can’t your simpleton ass read or comprehend simple English? What does the G in GOAT stand for? I’ll help you out. It means GREATEST, and there can be only one. Therefore when talking about the SINGLE best fighter in any weight class, my criteria is firstly title defences. Then strength of resume.

Go back to whatever school you flunked out of and get an education. Or just let me school you some more.

The only one here who feels the need to hype himself up like a teenager with "deal with it", "let me school you some more" and other nerdy teenager shit is yourself.

Rich Franklin is the 3rd best MW of all-time based on title defenses. So you dont need to mention Rich for him to expose your criteria as simpleton and ignorant as fuck, darling

The only one here who feels the need to hype himself up like a teenager with "deal with it", "let me school you some more" and other nerdy teenager shit is yourself.

Rich Franklin is the 3rd best MW of all-time based on title defenses. So you dont need to mention Rich for him to expose your criteria as simpleton and ignorant as fuck, darling
You can’t handle my opinion. That’s why I said deal with it. You really are butthurt aren’t you? Poor little child threatened by anybody that disagrees with his myopic views. The conversation is done. I take no pleasure in taking candy away from babies. And that’s what a debate with you is akin to. Have a nice day.

As far as the list of names goes that either man has beaten, I think Adesanya already beats out Anderson. However, where they differ is in two areas, one being title defenses, and the other being the way in which they beat their opponents.

Izzy has beaten better guys imo, but he hasn't done so in the same flashy or decisive manner that Anderson consistently did. Sure, he beat Romero, who is arguably better win than anyone Silva ever beat, but it was an uneventful fight that pretty much everyone agrees that neither guy deserved to win. Izzy's best win is easily Whittaker, and that's another win that's probably better than any of Anderson's. That one was impressive, and he finished that fight, but one win doesn't change everything, it's not enough to overtake Silva overall.

So yeah, Anderson is still MW GOAT, it's not close, even if Adesanya has another 2 or 3 title defenses he won't be close, and it's because Anderson has so many more defenses (literally the hardest thing to do in MMA is defend the belt), and Anderson also has way more impressive finishes.

You can’t handle my opinion. That’s why I said deal with it. You really are butthurt aren’t you? Poor little child threatened by anybody that disagrees with his myopic views. The conversation is done. I take no pleasure in taking candy away from babies. And that’s what a debate with you is akin to. Have a nice day.

More teenager shit trying to hype himself up. You are not threatening anybody online, in a karate forum. Stop with that shit, it's ridiculous kid.

It just happens that someone asks you to support your stance, your opinion. You know, what discussing is about. And you feel helpless, you dont have enough tools. It's ok. Stop with the nerdy teen shit though, please

Vettori, Romero and Brunson tried to outwrestle him - as they did to others - and struggled with Israel. Adesanya showed plenty of wrestling ability in those exchanges.

You saw none of that. You are missing many things, dude.
That’s takedown defence, not wrestling as in offensive wrestling.
Jan and Vettori took him down without too much trouble, and I don’t rate either of them as being anywhere near elite wrestlers, nor elite wrestling for MMA takedown artists.

As far as the list of names goes that either man has beaten, I think Adesanya already beats out Anderson. However, where they differ is in two areas, one being title defenses, and the other being the way in which they beat their opponents.

Izzy has beaten better guys imo, but he hasn't done so in the same flashy or decisive manner that Anderson consistently did. Sure, he beat Romero, who is arguably better win than anyone Silva ever beat, but it was an uneventful fight that pretty much everyone agrees that neither guy deserved to win. Izzy's best win is easily Whittaker, and that's another win that's probably better than any of Anderson's. That one was impressive, and he finished that fight, but one win doesn't change everything, it's not enough to overtake Silva overall.

So yeah, Anderson is still MW GOAT, it's not close, even if Adesanya has another 2 or 3 title defenses he won't be close, and it's because Anderson has so many more defenses (literally the hardest thing to do in MMA is defend the belt), and Anderson also has way more impressive finishes.

I agree for the most part although I disagree that even with another 2/3 tittle defenses Israel still won't be close. He definitely would be close, at least in the all-time MW standings, not so much from a p4p standpoint.

Defending the belt is the hardest thing to do if the promotion you are fighting for hires the best guys in your weightclass. That was not the case until UFC bought Strikeforce. At least not to the same extent than today, where UFC has more power relative to its competition than back in the day.

Rich Franklin is the 3rd best MW of all-time going by UFC tittle defenses and I'd say it's obvious why that's not accurate. Dont you agree?
Tittle defenses hold weight but saying Israel won't be close based on tittle defenses over Coté, Leites or Lutter is way off imo...

I agree that the decisive manner in which Silva defeated his challengers is a huge factor though

Back